Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 188 of 473 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 9451
Like Tree33831Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

I do wonder why Liam's label want to sabotage his album debuting at #1.. lol I mean they have any other week...

Concert Stars
    But Liam might best carrie. Those freakin boy band dudes 5SOS beat her. The teens will buy his album in droves sadly.

Liam is the least or second least successful member of OD, he could do 60k I guess maybe a little more with streaming. He performed his current single today in GMA and is only at #62 right now with red updates. He released 3 singles already though...
    Hil and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    ^ He is no competition for Carrie, I hope she do the tour bundle.
    What do you mean that he isnít competition for Carrie?They are literally releasing albums on the same day, how is that not competition?They May be from two completely different genres of music,but the fact that they are releasing albums on the same day does create that competition.Liam may not be the most successful One Directioner,but the people that were fans of him in One Direction will follow him and buy his album that day.Whether you want to admit or not,artists are always competing for sales against each other to see who comes out on top,thatís why itís called competition.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

I do wonder why Liam's label want to sabotage his album debuting at #1.. lol I mean they have any other week...
    Theyíre not sabotaging him,they just want to give him the best chance they can to debut at #1&I donít know if they knew that Carrie was releasing her album that day,but they mightíve known if they did their research on her to find out when her album is coming out.They are allowed to debut his album that week,itís not like Carrie has exclusive rights to that week just because sheís releasing her album.He doesnít get to choose when his album comes out,like we donít have a choice that Liam is debuting his album that week against her.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Don't think so. I guess the reason is because the album is not ready and they want to release the second single (a smash hit) before the album release or around that time.
    We all know what a perfectionist Carrie is,so she probably wants to make sure the songs sound right,how they flow together,maybe tweak a few things if she doesnít feel that it sounds or feels right&she did mention in one of her interviews that she was thinking of writing a few songs to see if anything sticks,so itís also possible that sheís trying to see if thereís anything else that sounds right for the album.On the subject of the second single,isnít a bit soon to say itís a smash hit if it hasnít even been released yet?Just adding my two cents on that one,I am honestly not trying to start any arguments at all.

Concert Stars
    I sort of wondered why they even gave Carries release date already but I don’t think Liam is gonna do much harm to Carries sales. He’s not quite as popular as he was when he was WITH the group.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    his label is Capitol Records, which makes it even stranger since Carrie is with Capitol Records Nash

His first couple of singles haven't done real well so unless he releases a mash this summer I think Carrie can take him.The big problem comes in streaming where we all know Carrie has a big problem.
    Claire2004, Kizmet311, Hil and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    his label is Capitol Records, which makes it even stranger since Carrie is with Capitol Records Nash

His first couple of singles haven't done real well so unless he releases a mash this summer I think Carrie can take him.The big problem comes in streaming where we all know Carrie has a big problem.
    A mess!! Lol

If Carrie do the tour bundle she doesn't need the streaming thing. It would not hurt if she debut a music video that week though.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I want the tour bundle so badly. I assume the tour will start around February like the ST tour did, which allows her time off for the holidays and January for tour rehearsals. It's going to be so hard to top the ST tour, though. With the presale code I got for buying ST through her official site, I got great side seats in lower arena for one of the ST shows I went to. If she goes back to end stage, then there are far fewer "great" seats. I also hope that she allows the purchase of two of the top VIP packages again. She did for the first leg of ST, but for some unknown (inane) reason you could only buy 1 of the top VIP M&G packages for the second leg. I mean, who wants to sit by themselves at a concert? I am planning to take my daughter and assuming the M&G package prices are similar to the last tour, I hope to buy two of them so she can meet Carrie.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Heres my theory for the September 14th release date. Around the start of the fall season.. her partnerships with NBC should get her minimal a performance slot on SNL, perhaps the premiere episode or even HOST AND PERFORMER!!!!. Down side after looking at the past few seasons, it seems like that last week of September/ first week of October is the premiere week. If they decide to start the season early it seems plausible. Its also close to the CMA's, which leads to her promo for the CMA's and the album being double duty promotions. She could gain some love from the CMA's as well, since Cry pretty would be eligible. It would be awesome to get Song/single, and music video nominations, I think there possible too. Plus by then a 2nd single should be announced and getting promo for. This is the time to see how much Universal can be towards getting Carrie to that next level. Haven't been let down yet and I hope it continues.
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    Heres my theory for the September 14th release date. Around the start of the fall season.. her partnerships with NBC should get her minimal a performance slot on SNL, perhaps the premiere episode or even HOST AND PERFORMER!!!!. Down side after looking at the past few seasons, it seems like that last week of September/ first week of October is the premiere week. If they decide to start the season early it seems plausible. Its also close to the CMA's, which leads to her promo for the CMA's and the album being double duty promotions. She could gain some love from the CMA's as well, since Cry pretty would be eligible. It would be awesome to get Song/single, and music video nominations, I think there possible too. Plus by then a 2nd single should be announced and getting promo for. This is the time to see how much Universal can be towards getting Carrie to that next level. Haven't been let down yet and I hope it continues.
    Even with her partnerships with NBC,her hosting & performing on SNL doesnít mean sheís a shoo in to do it.Not to take away from anything & what Iím about to say probably doesnít mean anything,but sometimes the humor on that show isnít necessarily the cleanest and itís usually sometimes vulgar humor.Thatís the main reason I hate watching SNL most of the time.I know the whole SNL thing is just a theory,but what I mentioned might have a little bit of validity.If she was to do the show,they would really have to clean up the humor in order for her to do the show.I just donít think she would feel comfortable doing the show unless they really cleaned up the humor & the sketches they normally do on the show.But itís true she could get some love from the CMAs since Cry Pretty has been out for awhile.Nominations for song,single & music video nominations she would definitely be eligible for.Now that sheís with UMG,their pull is much greater & they could really get her a lot of nominations so they can flex some muscle as I would say!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

The singles may not have done well,but there are probably a lot of his fans from when he was in One Direction that would still buy his music even if it wasnít doing well&follow him over to a new label.Carrie doesnít have exclusive claim on September 14th just because her album is dropping that day.Carrie doesnít have to ďtakeĒ on anyone especially Liam.That isnít how it works.They are merely competing artists on the same label who are releasing albums on that day.That to me denotes competition.But one thing is true,streaming isnít exactly her forte & that could be a problem if Liam is strong in that area & Carrie isnít.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    The singles may not have done well,but there are probably a lot of his fans from when he was in One Direction that would still buy his music even if it wasnít doing well&follow him over to a new label.Carrie doesnít have exclusive claim on September 14th just because her album is dropping that day.Carrie doesnít have to ďtakeĒ on anyone especially Liam.That isnít how it works.They are merely competing artists on the same label who are releasing albums on that day.That to me denotes competition.But one thing is true,streaming isnít exactly her forte & that could be a problem if Liam is strong in that area & Carrie isnít.
    Usually the initials sales of the single is indicative of how many "buying" fans an artist has. Look at the past sales history of the other 1D boys.

As Carrie fans we don't like the competitions we want Carrie at the top. No one said she had a claim the date, WE would like her too.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I say bring on all-comers! Carrie isn't afraid of competition and neither should we be.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Even with her partnerships with NBC,her hosting & performing on SNL doesnít mean sheís a shoo in to do it.Not to take away from anything & what Iím about to say probably doesnít mean anything,but sometimes the humor on that show isnít necessarily the cleanest and itís usually sometimes vulgar humor.Thatís the main reason I hate watching SNL most of the time.I know the whole SNL thing is just a theory,but what I mentioned might have a little bit of validity.If she was to do the show,they would really have to clean up the humor in order for her to do the show.I just donít think she would feel comfortable doing the show unless they really cleaned up the humor & the sketches they normally do on the show.But itís true she could get some love from the CMAs since Cry Pretty has been out for awhile.Nominations for song,single & music video nominations she would definitely be eligible for.Now that sheís with UMG,their pull is much greater & they could really get her a lot of nominations so they can flex some muscle as I would say!!
    Regarding everything you said about SNL, have you seen Carrie on How I Met Your Mother? If not, please watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr7zCeOlo1c.
    Or even her and Brad's opening monologues for the CMAs... Motorboating, twerking etc. definitely not entirely "clean".

Carrie's sense of humor is not what you think it is. I'm pretty sure Carrie would be perfectly fine with doing SNL(seeing as she once was the musical guest way back when she was even more "innocent") and it would be awesome promo.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mgbjr View Post
    Regarding everything you said about SNL, have you seen Carrie on How I Met Your Mother? If not, please watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr7zCeOlo1c.
    Or even her and Brad's opening monologues for the CMAs... Motorboating, twerking etc. definitely not entirely "clean".

Carrie's sense of humor is not what you think it is. I'm pretty sure Carrie would be perfectly fine with doing SNL(seeing as she once was the musical guest way back when she was even more "innocent") and it would be awesome promo.
    I watched the clip& seriously,they made her sound like a ditz!!I only watched that clip because you told me to,because I never watched HIMYM when it was on because I donít do vulgar humor & the show held no appeal for me.The monologues for the CMAs are little risquť but nothing like you would find on other awards shows.Some of that is very tame in comparison to what you would see on other awards shows.Iíve seen her sense of humor on Twitter and other videos & interviews & I dub her humor as cheeky & clean with a twist,never vulgar & never overboard.I do remember her being a musical guest on SNL years ago.Iím not trying to detract from anything,but thatís the reason that I love Carrieís sense of humor,because itís cheeky & itís not meant to be taken seriously.The humor on SNL isnít the same way.I find the humor on that show to be in poor taste sometimes because itís not what I would call funny.It can be vulgar,overboard with sexual innuendos & it just rubs me the wrong way in my own personal opinion.I just want her humor to not go overboard with sexual innuendos & vulgar humor because that isnít necessary to make something funny. Iím not going to stop Carrie from doing SNL if she wants to promote the new music & new album because she is perfectly capable of making that decision on her own with help from her manager & her label of course.My point is,I just want the jokes to be in good taste & not malicious in any way whatsoever.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    ^I agree about the jokes she knows how far to take then.
    My only problem about SNL is the controversy that the jokes usually cause and I don't want what happened with the CMAs to happen during a big album release week. Recently they are getting a lot of backlash. I could see her performing though.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    ^I agree about the jokes she knows how far to take then.
    My only problem about SNL is the controversy that the jokes usually cause and I don't want what happened with the CMAs to happen during a big album release week. Recently they are getting a lot of backlash. I could see her performing though.
    That really was the main post that I was just trying to get across.She knows when a joke might be taking something way too far.The home in SNL have been known to create of backlash as of late & controversy like that is the last thing Carrie needs during a huge album release week.Hosting,no,but performing,that is a possibility that I would definitely consider.Anything else is too much of a risk if controversy would arise.Carrieís reputation is sterling & scandal free&I would like her to keep it that way.

Junior Carrie Follower
    To be honest we can only get an idea of prediction based on how well the second sigle goes (should be out by july/august and cause thats how labels are doing it now a days releasing 2 singles before album) and the promo for it. Streams are carries kryptonite, but that new rule that will start end of june, making cd/song sale 3x stronger than streams, will def help. Or maybe she is a surprise collab on a song for someone else haha! Hope she can pull a “meant to be” crossover success! (Plz dont come at me lol i love bebe). Side note, does anyone know if she will perform at BBmA this sunday? I mean since she already did idol it only makes sense, or have they announced all the performers already?
    txacar likes this.

•