Page 163 of 515 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Dierks Bentley announced his album release date as June 8. Keith Urban will release his new album April 27. Both are Carrie's label mates. UMG will most likely space out the album releases of its star artists, right?
    Personally, I wouldn't say Dierks is a big release. But I'm still thinking a June release maybe the 15th?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzledByCarrie View Post
    My new theory is that they will announce the album after the performance on the ACMs or early the next morning so that when people are looking up her performance online they will also see the album news.
    It would be great if Carrie recorded some sort of talk show appearances while she is out west and I concur with your idea of releasing more news or maybe even the video on Monday when everyone is talking about the ACMs performance. It would be perfect timing!

I also agree with Adam above that I don't really see Dierks as that big of a deal when planning Carrie's release. Sure, they won't make them the same week to give Dierks a chance at a #1 Country album, but I don't see any reason Carrie's album can't also come out in June on a different week. For her, it will be more about avoiding any major pop/rap names so that she can get a #1 on the BB200 chart again.
    Hil, Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower
    I’m thinking the album will be released on June 15th. Mostly because of when Cry Pretty was released... 4/11 at 6am.

6am = 6th month of the year(June)
    4(April)+11(Wednesday) = 15
    June 15th = possible release date.

This is just me trying to put together coincidental “clues”
    Last edited by mgbjr; 04-12-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Just reading that is making me sit hear and tear up at my computer. I love it when the media/industry can recognize just how amazing Carrie truly is.
    I could not agree with you more if I tried Kizmet! Went snooping all over the internet on my lunch break yesterday looking for more wonderful blurbs. But it's especially nice when it comes from the country music community itself. I especially LOVE: It's classic Carrie Underwood, starting slow and soft before building, building, building into a torrent of emotion powered by unparalleled vocal force and conviction. It's not just that the girl can sing, it's that she's willing to deliver a song like a sermon. In this case the radio is her pulpit for a message that will hit hearts hard."

Concert Stars
    I'm so EAGER to see what she's called this album and what other songs she has on it! But in the meantime I'm just going to CRY PRETTY.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I just saw this on Twitter, this radio station is in Bloomington, IL:

B104

@WBWN

We're gonna talk with @carrieunderwood at 12:45pm today for #JustAMinute about her new single #CryPretty and then play the song on B104!
    rainbow1, txacar, Hil and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Ha! The only time I sing, is in the car, by myself. I did sing along when I saw Carrie in concert. I wasn't planning to, but I couldn't help myself.
    I do sing happy birthday to all of my children and they suffer through it. Where is Carrie when I need her. At a preds game
    ethelu and Kizmet311 like this.

DISClaimer: Carrie Underwood Returns With “Powerful” New Track

Spring is in the air, and country comes alive with some fresh sounds for the season.
    Good things come in “threes” this week. We have three promising newcomers that deserve your attention — Mason Lively, Szlachetka and our DisCovery Award winner, Vince Moreno.
    We also have three contenders for the week’s top prize — Chris Stapleton, RaeLynn and our Disc of the Day winner, Carrie Underwood.
    Happy listening.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD/Cry Pretty
    Writers: Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Lori McKenna/Liz Rose; Producers: David Garcia/Underwood; Publishers: Carrie-Okie/BIRB/BMG Rights/Maps An Records/Creative Pulse/These Are Pulse/Warner-Tamerlane/Songs of Crazy Girl, BMI/ASCAP; Capitol (download)
    – Powerful stuff. Her vocal goes from a quiet, delicately phrased intro into a soprano-shout crescendo. It’s a power ballad with a pounding heart. Listen and believe.

https://musicrow.com/2018/04/disclai...ful-new-track/

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbjr View Post
    I’m thinking the album will be released on June 15th. Mostly because of when Cry Pretty was released... 4/11 at 6am.

6am = 6th month of the year(June)
    4(April)+11(Wednesday) = 15
    June 15th = possible release date.

This is just mr trying to put together coincidental “clues”
    Never discount a mathematician.
    Smokyiiis, ethelu, txacar and 1 others like this.

New Carrie Fan
    You know I am so glad she has new music I really love her new song call the Champion I lisen to that song everyday I am even going to buy her new CD when it comes out.
    txacar, Smokyiiis, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    PAC Radio Show

More

Thrilled that we can now share this - @CarrieUnderwood checked in to tell us about co-writing and co-producing her new album and single, #CryPretty.Listen to the excerpt here → https://soundcloud.com/pureamericancountry/pure-american-country-carrie-underwood-talks-cry-pretty …

Smokyiiis, ethelu, Hil and 7 others like this.

Like many of you, I'm very happy with Carrie's come back even though, I was beginning to despair and wait for a return in September or October but fortunately, I was wrong. Regarding the song, I like it a lot. That's exactly what I expected from her : the lyrics are pretty well written and I love the chorus. I'm so proud to see her on top in iTunes! This is one of her strongest songs but I hope that the fact that the song is a little bit long isn't a problem for the country radio stations but I'm really excited for the next album. Enjoy it for me when you drive or at home, because country music isn't famous at all in France (even if it's more pop than country) so I wouldn't have this opportunity!
    Smokyiiis, ethelu, txacar and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    The radio version I heard was the full track. I would not mind if they shaved a little off toward the end. But I like it either way..... But if it already went to radio based on what I heard, than the radio version is the full version.

I suppose that could change though. CC was released in it's fullness but then the beginning was oddly edited. Never understood how 2 bars of music was necessary to edit??!!
    txacar, Hil, cmarieu and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    They played "Cry Pretty" on The Highway this morning. The girl on the morning show said she has been wanting new Carrie music for so long and she finally delivered. Storme said, "she definitely delivered, especially the last part of the song!" They said they were really excited for her to perform it on the ACMs and predicted there won't be a dry eye in the house and she'll get a huge standing ovation.

Hope they're right!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Where have you been? We've been waiting for you to chime in. : )
    Hey! Been super busy in the past year and a half, and hadn't heard much from Carrie so I forgot about this site for a little bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I just can’t get over her head voice in this song!!Every time I listen to it,I almost get chills & it makes me so emotional!!I told my mom that I haven’t been able to hit high notes like that since I was in choir in high school!!I’ve tried hitting those notes now & I just can’t do it as well as Carrie can.Its just not there anymore. I was a soprano like Carrie is & I used to be to hit those notes back in high school but I can’t do it now because I’m so out of practice!!I loved every part of the song,but I just find that part in the song so gorgeous & stunning!!it just gets me every time!!It truly does seem like hitting those notes is like nothing to her!!Its just effortless &smooth.I personally don’t think the end of the song reminds me of Purole Rain because Carrie & prince have two completely different styles of their own when they’re singing & Carrie just has one that’s all her own,nobody else’s.She is truly in a class of her own when it comes to her incredible vocal register!!
    I didn't mean they sound alike vocally, just production-wise it has a similar feel to that specific part of the song with the strings and head voice scales. I think you'll hear it a bit more if you listen to the LeAnn Rimes version of it. Go to 4:06.

<br>

Junior Carrie Follower SpringsCarrieFan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ you are just saying that because the cry pretty single cover is purple. 😂😂😂
    I made a funny
    txacar and MelissaD like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringsCarrieFan View Post
    ^ you are just saying that because the cry pretty single cover is purple. 
    I made a funny
    😂😂You are as funny as your funny!!

Junior Carrie Follower montdu39's Avatar
    So some of the things I’ve noticed about Carrie’s voice in Cry Pretty:

1. Her lower register in the verses seems as strong as it’s ever been. I will be looking to see how this comes across live on Sunday. The big notes come easier for Carrie than the softer/lower usually.

2. Her tone overall sounds lower and more mature, which is natural as she ages. It’s almost like rediscovering your favourite singer! I was listening to “That’s Where It Is” from “Some Hearts” earlier this week and her voice sounded so different then!

3. Her high notes are as strong as ever. I actually find her voice more powerful now than it has ever been. I don’t know if that’s because she has to push or try a bit harder than when she was younger to hit those high notes? But either way, her high notes end up sounding fuller and more powerful!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Dierks Bentley announced his album release date as June 8. Keith Urban will release his new album April 27. Both are Carrie's label mates. UMG will most likely space out the album releases of its star artists, right?
    A May release is probably not an option but June...hey, I'll take it.

But seriously any Carrie release date is totally cool with me!
    Hil, ethelu and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Concert Stars
    I just would love to see the cover and the song titles! Forget the release LOL. Just kidding!

•