Page 162 of 515 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Concert Stars
    Ahhh it feels so good for her to be no1 again!!! Too bad FlAGA Line will probably block her on hot country songs. Ugh
    txacar, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Totally not surprised. They never tweet about her songs., It's really annoying. Not even Keith or Brad- who are her close friends. I know the females are too bitter and competitive to ever show her support- but I expected something from the guys.
    Seriously? Women are bitter?! This is why women are constantly pitted against each other. So the men arenít bitter because theyíre men?

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    What excellent lyrics, production, and vocals. So glad to hear her trying new things with her voice. The head voice scales at the end were surprising and extremely fluid. She should tap into her soprano more often, as it's incredibly smooth and effortless. She was dancing around in that register like it was nothing. The end of the song reminds me of a mix between Prince's "Purple Rain" and Aerosmith's "Crazy" ... definitely has that 80's-90's power ballad vibe. Love it.
    Where have you been? We've been waiting for you to chime in. : )

Concert Stars
    Iím so anxious to know the album title, cover and tracklist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oldyfan and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Hil
    Some people mentioned Paint might still be on the album, but with as tight as everything has been for this era I'm thinking it might have been for a previous album. I mean, no one even knew the name of 'Cry Pretty' until the day before. Obviously, could be wrong. I want to hear it sometime since Steve said it was such a smash. Guess we'll see if it's on this album.

She really couldn't have picked a better first single. 'Cry Pretty' is everything I never knew I needed until I had it. LOL Actually, I've always wanted her to sing more rock songs since she has covered them (November Rain, Paradise City, Sweet Child of Mine, I Remember You) brilliantly on past tours.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    What excellent lyrics, production, and vocals. So glad to hear her trying new things with her voice. The head voice scales at the end were surprising and extremely fluid. She should tap into her soprano more often, as it's incredibly smooth and effortless. She was dancing around in that register like it was nothing. The end of the song reminds me of a mix between Prince's "Purple Rain" and Aerosmith's "Crazy" ... definitely has that 80's-90's power ballad vibe. Love it.
    I just canít get over her head voice in this song!!Every time I listen to it,I almost get chills & it makes me so emotional!!I told my mom that I havenít been able to hit high notes like that since I was in choir in high school!!Iíve tried hitting those notes now & I just canít do it as well as Carrie can.Its just not there anymore. I was a soprano like Carrie is & I used to be to hit those notes back in high school but I canít do it now because Iím so out of practice!!I loved every part of the song,but I just find that part in the song so gorgeous & stunning!!it just gets me every time!!It truly does seem like hitting those notes is like nothing to her!!Its just effortless &smooth.I personally donít think the end of the song reminds me of Purole Rain because Carrie & prince have two completely different styles of their own when theyíre singing & Carrie just has one thatís all her own,nobody elseís.She is truly in a class of her own when it comes to her incredible vocal register!!
    Marvin Poe and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I'd love to hear her sing with Chris Stapleton, Charles Kelley or Brett Eldredge
    Iíve listened to some of Brett Eldridgeís songs & I actually love his voice!!He would be incredible if Carrie ever chose to duet with him!!
    Hil likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    I keep listening over and over. It’s so damn good!
    I canít seem to stop listening either!!This song is just too darn good & incredible!!I canít get it out of my head!!
    lizcarlo, ethelu, cmarieu and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rottiger View Post
    I've never loved a lead single as much as I love "Cry Pretty". It's going to be MASSIVE for her!

Also, have you guys thought about any duets that she could possibly have on the record? After the Ludacris feature I feel like she could pull anything out of her sleeve lol
    Personally, I would love to see her do something with Lady Gaga. I think their vocals would blend nicely together. I'd also love to see something with Chris Young, Tim McGraw, or Levi Hummon.
    Iíve never loved a lead single like Cry Pretty either!!I have a feeling this song is going to be a HUGE success for her!!Just look at the success itís had on the ITunes chart already!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I just canít get over her head voice in this song!!Every time I listen to it,I almost get chills & it makes me so emotional!!I told my mom that I havenít been able to hit high notes like that since I was in choir in high school!!Iíve tried hitting those notes now & I just canít do it as well as Carrie can.Its just not there anymore. I was a soprano like Carrie is & I used to be to hit those notes back in high school but I canít do it now because Iím so out of practice!!I loved every part of the song,but I just find that part in the song so gorgeous & stunning!!it just gets me every time!!It truly does seem like hitting those notes is like nothing to her!!Its just effortless &smooth.I personally donít think the end of the song reminds me of Purole Rain because Carrie & prince have two completely different styles of their own when theyíre singing & Carrie just has one thatís all her own,nobody elseís.She is truly in a class of her own when it comes to her incredible vocal register!!
    Well, you're doing better than I am, I cannot sing, at all. If I hit the same note twice, it would be a surprise.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ahhh it feels so good for her to be no1 again!!! Too bad FlAGA Line will probably block her on hot country songs. Ugh
    Ugh - I can't stand that song! I was a little worried when I heard David Garcia was producing with Carrie because of that song! So glad my concerns weren't realized!
    Smokyiiis, oldyfan, Hil and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow do NOT know what happened to me! I think all the excitement over CRY PRETTY and the absolute gorgeousness of it must have overwhelmed me. Of course it could be because it kept me glued to my earphones and exercising longer but I fell asleep with a smile on my face and that song in my heart and had the best nights sleep I’ve had in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Iíve never loved a lead single like Cry Pretty either!!I have a feeling this song is going to be a HUGE success for her!!Just look at the success itís had on the ITunes chart already!!
    Iím glad to see you waiting for something good without needing proof. Welcome, thatís being a fan, dreaming about good things. And agree with you Cry Pretty will be huge. Thanks.

lorimckennamaSo thankful to be a tiny part of this special song with the incredible @carrieunderwood & my Love Junkies ( @hillaryleelindsey & @lizrose0606 ) ❤️ #Repost@carrieunderwood with @get_repost

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (the thread is so extensive!) - but I certainly found it interesting that Billy Dukes is relating CP to the traumas America as a whole has gone through in the past year

"As promised, the song touches on what the last year has meant not just for the 35-year-old singer, but all Americans. "Cry Pretty" is not preachy and certainly not political ó Underwood never makes reference to a specific moment in time. She is all of us when she says that you can fake just about any emotion but sadness ó real, undeniable grief ó can only come one way. You definitely cannot cry pretty." Cry Pretty" is Underwood's first single released on UMG Nashville after she spent her entire career on Sony Music Nashville, the label she signed with upon winning American Idol in 2005. It's classic Carrie Underwood, starting slow and soft before building, building, building into a torrent of emotion powered by unparalleled vocal force and conviction. It's not just that the girl can sing, it's that she's willing to deliver a song like a sermon. In this case the radio is her pulpit for a message that will hit hearts hard."

Listen to Carrie Underwood's 'Cry Pretty'!
    Just reading that is making me sit hear and tear up at my computer. I love it when the media/industry can recognize just how amazing Carrie truly is.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    If you want Carrie to be #1 then vote hard for her then worry what others are doing.
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Well, you're doing better than I am, I cannot sing, at all. If I hit the same note twice, it would be a surprise.
    After 75 years I am still hoping to hit one note ,outside of screech.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gwade82 View Post
    After 75 years I am still hoping to hit one note ,outside of screech.
    Ha! The only time I sing, is in the car, by myself. I did sing along when I saw Carrie in concert. I wasn't planning to, but I couldn't help myself.
    txacar, rainbow1, gwade82 and 1 others like this.

Dierks Bentley announced his album release date as June 8. Keith Urban will release his new album April 27. Both are Carrie's label mates. UMG will most likely space out the album releases of its star artists, right?
    glenn7 and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    My new theory is that they will announce the album after the performance on the ACMs or early the next morning so that when people are looking up her performance online they will also see the album news.

•