Page 161 of 514 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 10279
Like Tree36073Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Are we going to get a night's sleep? Because Sunday date and pic for new single, Monday's announcement of the ACM Awards performance, Tuesday Cry Pretty Update and promotion, today's Cry Pretty release (what a beautiful and perfect song by the way). I still can't breathe since. I missed this release time. Great day, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    They might have heard it on the radio but why would they focus on what she’s doing now? She’s not their artist.
    Exactly...She’s not their artist... And there has to be some regret they didn’t give Carrie the support a star of her caliber should of got... Because if they did I guarantee you Carrie would still be there... But it’s all part of the story and it’s leading to a great rebirth of her career!! Back to back #1’s on iTunes is just the beginning...
    mooret, Hil, lizcarlo and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Streamed the song ALL DAY LONG at the office and then lo and behold heard it TWO TIMES on the radio while stuck in traffic on my way home! Sounds awesome on the radio though I still love it better through my headphones! LOL I cannot get over the sheer love I have for this single!
    _luvqry, mooret, cmarieu and 11 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of those last two producers?

Edit:NVM They are probably just producers of the lyrics video, not the song, duh.

• Producers: David Garcia, Carrie Underwood, Alex Pavkov, Kate Balch
    Going by this page, Kate Balch may have been responsible for publicizing the video on various social media sites
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-balch-86955811
    And by this page, Alex Pavkov seems to work with her, in a company involved in "brand creation" - I would guess that may have involved the glitter and the recurring cerise theme in the video
    https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Alex-Pavkov/-2143373906
    Kizmet311, Smokyiiis, Hil and 3 others like this.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (the thread is so extensive!) - but I certainly found it interesting that Billy Dukes is relating CP to the traumas America as a whole has gone through in the past year

"As promised, the song touches on what the last year has meant not just for the 35-year-old singer, but all Americans. "Cry Pretty" is not preachy and certainly not political — Underwood never makes reference to a specific moment in time. She is all of us when she says that you can fake just about any emotion but sadness — real, undeniable grief — can only come one way. You definitely cannot cry pretty." Cry Pretty" is Underwood's first single released on UMG Nashville after she spent her entire career on Sony Music Nashville, the label she signed with upon winning American Idol in 2005. It's classic Carrie Underwood, starting slow and soft before building, building, building into a torrent of emotion powered by unparalleled vocal force and conviction. It's not just that the girl can sing, it's that she's willing to deliver a song like a sermon. In this case the radio is her pulpit for a message that will hit hearts hard."

Listen to Carrie Underwood's 'Cry Pretty'!

Junior Carrie Follower rottiger's Avatar
    I've never loved a lead single as much as I love "Cry Pretty". It's going to be MASSIVE for her!

Also, have you guys thought about any duets that she could possibly have on the record? After the Ludacris feature I feel like she could pull anything out of her sleeve lol
    Personally, I would love to see her do something with Lady Gaga. I think their vocals would blend nicely together. I'd also love to see something with Chris Young, Tim McGraw, or Levi Hummon.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Grady Smith did a reaction video to CP:

https://youtu.be/08c-FXGhM3w
    He nailed the explanation of the song.. I like how he points out how it relates to carrie’s own story, and how he appreciates the production of the song..

I agree with him.. the record seems to be filled with Carrie’s personal stories..
    Assuming that Paint and Father’s Son are both in the album, then the world might see more into Carrie’s own world...
    Hil, teesharky, mofan and 7 others like this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by rottiger View Post
    I've never loved a lead single as much as I love "Cry Pretty". It's going to be MASSIVE for her!

Also, have you guys thought about any duets that she could possibly have on the record? After the Ludacris feature I feel like she could pull anything out of her sleeve lol
    Personally, I would love to see her do something with Lady Gaga. I think their vocals would blend nicely together. I'd also love to see something with Chris Young, Tim McGraw, or Levi Hummon.
    I'd love to hear her sing with Chris Stapleton, Charles Kelley or Brett Eldredge
    Last edited by Hil; 04-11-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    lizcarlo, hjj, ethelu and 5 others like this.

I keep listening over and over. It’s so damn good!

Concert Stars
    So proud of her for hitting no1 on iTunes again. This is 2 in a row now with The Champion and Cry Pretty.
    Hil, txacar, gwade82 and 9 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy16 View Post
    I wish I saw more support from her peers in the industry on social media...but I guess I’m not surprised.
    Totally not surprised. They never tweet about her songs., It's really annoying. Not even Keith or Brad- who are her close friends. I know the females are too bitter and competitive to ever show her support- but I expected something from the guys.
    glenn7 likes this.

Levi Hummon is a name I wouldn't have bet on seeing on this board - but thanks for the pick, Rottiger!

Some may more readily recognize his father, Marcus Hummon - who co-wrote "Bless the Broken Road" for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - a '90s song that took a long time to come to eventual Grammy winning notice (and was covered early on by Carrie, in a version I'll always remember for the emphatically joyful way she interpreted the line "and give them back to you!"); and also co-wrote "Cowboy Take Me Away" - Martie Maguire's wedding present for her younger sister Emily - an anthem for Dixie Chick fans, that Miranda loyally revives from time to time in concert.

Levi is a promising artist, who most came to my attention for the song he recorded with Alison Krauss, as featured vocal artist. (It hadn't struck me before, but I think an "Oh Love" type duet with Carrie might work well)

And to belatedly answer Claire's survey question, yes I'd be glad to see a Carrie duet. "Oh Love" and "Always On My Mind" are my two favourites of the ones she's done so far - and Eric Church would be a collaboration I'd like to see in future.
    But there are definitely potential advantages in an artist picking a duet for her own album - that way she gets more choice in song, style and degree of collaboration - while as a guest artist on someone else's, much of that is already laid down.

Junior Carrie Follower

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy16 View Post
    I wish I saw more support from her peers in the industry on social media...but I guess I’m not surprised.
    Did any big names say anything? I haven’t seen any yet

Insane Carrie Fan
    They probably send her a message by phone

Dan and Shay
    Reba
    txacar, rainbow1, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Totally not surprised. They never tweet about her songs., It's really annoying. Not even Keith or Brad- who are her close friends. I know the females are too bitter and competitive to ever show her support- but I expected something from the guys.
    Completely agree. It's sad. But at least Dan + Shay tweeted to her they were looking forward to the new music, but it'd be nice if she got some support from her friends and fellow singers.
    utlovescarrie and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Vocally I'd love to hear her sing with Chris Stapleton, Charles Kelley or Brett Eldredge
    I would prefer her to sing with anyone who can keep with her so she doesn't have to hold back
    utlovescarrie and oldyfan like this.

I would think it's more usual to tweet appreciation of an album, where there is a range of work to consider. Does Carrie herself often tweet when other artists release a single?
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Melinda Dolittle tweeted. I'm surprised Brad hasn't said anything. I remember Miranda tweeting about BA album but haven't seen anything today. I'll bet Carrie got a gazillion texts, tho.

Different people uses social media very differently though.

For example, even for myself, I don't share facebook page whenever a friend has new online store open. At most I will do is like the page. I don't retweet much either. I generally just don't actively share/promote for others tbh.

On the other hand, there are other friends who shares and retweets everything.

What I do in support though, is texting congratulations to the friend, buying their product and passing news by word of mouth and recommendations to others.

Carrie struck me as someone who will have more low-key "private" friends like myself tbh...

Also.... it's only been a day! Be patient... maybe Brad or someone will tweet tomorrow or something!

Insane Carrie Fan
    What excellent lyrics, production, and vocals. So glad to hear her trying new things with her voice. The head voice scales at the end were surprising and extremely fluid. She should tap into her soprano more often, as it's incredibly smooth and effortless. She was dancing around in that register like it was nothing. The end of the song reminds me of a mix between Prince's "Purple Rain" and Aerosmith's "Crazy" ... definitely has that 80's-90's power ballad vibe. Love it.

•