Page 13 of 515 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Concert Stars
    I am so freakin' bored. haha Praying we hear something soon.
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Country Music Industry Power Players: The Star Maker | Billboard

THE STAR MAKER
    Cindy Mabe, 44
    President, Universal Music Group Nashville

“It was the most gratifying moment of the past year,” says Mabe of her reaction to UMG Nashville signing Carrie Underwood to Capitol Records Nashville in late March -- a surprise deal following the country superstar’s decision not to renew with Sony Nashville after a fruitful 12-year run that culminated in the release of her 2015 album, Storyteller. (The LP has sold over 1 million albums and yielded four top 10 singles on the Country Airplay chart.) One reason for Underwood’s move, according to industry sources: the opportunity to work again with Mabe, who was at Sony Nashville when the 2005 American Idol winner released her first album, Some Hearts, and was involved in rolling out the record, which went on to sell 7.5 million copies. With Underwood back on the same team, Mabe says, “We are working with Carrie on a lot of goals, including making her a global star.”

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    I totally agree.
    lolita55 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Bet she is thrilled Carrie is all grown up now and ready to travel. She was Managing Dir. Marketing and Artist Development at Arista years ago when they wanted Carrie to go to Australia and she refused -- said she didn't feel she was ready. Glad Cindy got her back while she's still young. Has done a great job marketing people who can't sing (e.g. Sam Hunt) -- must be over the moon to have Carrie!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
    Country Music Industry Power Players: The Star Maker | Billboard

THE STAR MAKER
    Cindy Mabe, 44
    President, Universal Music Group Nashville

“It was the most gratifying moment of the past year,” says Mabe of her reaction to UMG Nashville signing Carrie Underwood to Capitol Records Nashville in late March -- a surprise deal following the country superstar’s decision not to renew with Sony Nashville after a fruitful 12-year run that culminated in the release of her 2015 album, Storyteller. (The LP has sold over 1 million albums and yielded four top 10 singles on the Country Airplay chart.) One reason for Underwood’s move, according to industry sources: the opportunity to work again with Mabe, who was at Sony Nashville when the 2005 American Idol winner released her first album, Some Hearts, and was involved in rolling out the record, which went on to sell 7.5 million copies. With Underwood back on the same team, Mabe says, “We are working with Carrie on a lot of goals, including making her a global star.”
    Yeah. Carrie has performed well in the venues she has done. So excited for next era. Can't wait to see all the goals they have planned.

Concert Stars
    I love the part about making her a "Global Star."

Step 1: Release a HUGE Duet with a Big star outside of country music like Adele, Justin Timberlake, Ed Sheeran, etc. That is how you get airplay on major radio stations overseas as they don't play country much.
    brenda218 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Step 1: Release a HUGE Duet with a Big star outside of country music like Adele, Justin Timberlake, Ed Sheeran, etc. That is how you get airplay on major radio stations overseas as they don't play country much.
    I hope her first single is Carrie solo, but YES to the 2nd or 3rd single from the new album being a duet with a huge non-country act. I think it would be perfect for it to be the second single, ideally released BEFORE the album drops. But the first single could be some progressive country that lets Carrie make sure country radio know she isn't going completely pop on them.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Totally disagree -- step 1 needs to be the amazing Carrie on a solo release. Carrie is already well on her way to being a global star. She doesn't need her LONG awaited new music release to be a duet with someone -- especially someone outside of country music.

I'm not saying she shouldn't do a duet (personally I'd love a duet with Adele) but it shouldn't be the 1st release. We've waited too long for Carrie music!!!
    rainbow1 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Totally disagree -- step 1 needs to be the amazing Carrie on a solo release. Carrie is already well on her way to being a global star. She doesn't need her LONG awaited new music release to be a duet with someone -- especially someone outside of country music.

I'm not saying she shouldn't do a duet (personally I'd love a duet with Adele) but it shouldn't be the 1st release. We've waited too long for Carrie music!!!
    Agree no duet as a first single from Capital.Just Carrie.
    if she must have a duet, and I hope she doesn't, let it be single 4

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars

Ugh sorry but you Do realize that international radio won't play her country solo release right? She has Already that approach for years already and it won't work as they won't play country on their pop stations. They don't have too many country stations overseas. So the only way Carrie will break through is is she does a country pop crossover song with a big name artist that those stations will play. I did not say she had to pop remix as she won't. But maybe they would play her if she is with Adele etc.

They already tried it your way with several solo releases overseas and it did not work. They need to try something new.
    Last edited by teesharky; 07-28-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Ugh sorry but you Do realize that international radio won't play her country solo release right? She has Reyes that for years already and it won't work as they won't play country on their pop stations. They don't have too many country stations overseas. So the only way Carrie will break through is is she does a country pop crossover song with a big name artist that those stations will play. I did not say she had to pop remix as she won't. But maybe they would play her if she is with Adele etc.

They already tried it your way with several solo releases overseas and it did not work. They need to try something new.
    Shania Twain got played internationally with solo releases, as has Dolly Parton. Their international following is massive. It might not be solely about radio play, but also touring and higher record sales there. Chances are Sony wasn't trying too hard to break Carrie out, which is more likely the reason she isn't an international superstar yet. Capitol seems more committed.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Ugh sorry but you Do realize that international radio won't play her country solo release right? She has Reyes that for years already and it won't work as they won't play country on their pop stations. They don't have too many country stations overseas. So the only way Carrie will break through is is she does a country pop crossover song with a big name artist that those stations will play. I did not say she had to pop remix as she won't. But maybe they would play her if she is with Adele etc.

Ugh sorry but from where I sit you are always selling Carrie and her talents short. I think the big reason for lack of big success overseas, is because of Sony. You've constantly complained about their lack of support for her here in the US. Good gracious, what kind of support do you think they provided for her overseas????? My guess is next to nothing.

From where I sit, Carrie has a pretty good start on being a global star. She just needs some well placed support and promotion from a global label like UMG!!!!
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Agree no duet as a first single from Capital.Just Carrie.
    if she must have a duet, and I hope she doesn't, let it be single 4

Good luck going global then. They haven't played her solo songs yet on bug stations. She needs a new approach if she is going to break through.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ sorry but it's not gonna hurt my feelings one iota if Carrie doesn't become a global star. Not like I'm ever going over seas to see her when I can see her here.
    and new approach does not have to mean a lame duet just for a duets sake

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Shania Twain got played internationally with solo releases, as has Dolly Parton. Their international following is massive. It might not be solely about radio play, but also touring and higher record sales there. Chances are Sony wasn't trying too hard to break Carrie out, which is more likely the reason she isn't an international superstar yet. Capitol seems more committed.
    Yes, Carrie got zero support from Sony internationally. Goodman's idea of full support was sending her over to do the Apple Festival. That was it.Period. They did nothing.Hopefully UMG will give her the support she desires.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Thats because Shania remixed her s tore album to pop which Carrie won't do. Shania called herself pop overseas just like Taylor did to manipulate radio into playing her.

Carrie has to come up with a creative compromise to break through as a country artist who won't remix. Collaborating with a big global star is a good compromise and it might work.

Concert Stars
    ^ But its not about what we want. It's about what Carrie wants. She stated that she wants to break through globally - we have two independent interviews confirming this. So if we are to support her dreams and goals- we should support her global success and be on board with her new plans.

it doesn't matter that some of you guys hate duets and do t want her to go global. She has said she wants to go global. So they need to come up with a creative way to achieve that goal without Carrie having to compromise and pop remix.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ a duet is not the least bit creative.It's what everyone does. It could work and good for Carrie but it's not creative in the least.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Ugh sorry but from where I sit you are always selling Carrie and her talents short. I think the big reason for lack of big success overseas, is because of Sony. You've constantly complained about their lack of support for her here in the US. Good gracious, what kind of support do you think they provided for her overseas????? My guess is next to nothing.

From where I sit, Carrie has a pretty good start on being a global star. She just needs some well placed support and promotion from a global label like UMG!!!!
    We can agree to disagree but it is clear that international popbradio is not going to play her solo country songs without pop remixes- which she don't do. So you can you share with us if your idea to get her to go global without radio play instead of just shooting down my ideas so quickly?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ a duet is not the least bit creative.It's what everyone does. It could work and good for Carrie but it's not creative in the least.
    It's creative in the sense that Carrie would not have to pop remix so it's a sneaky way to get her on the radio anyway- if it worked. Lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    We can agree to disagree but it is clear that international popbradio is not going to play her solo country songs without pop remixes- which she don't do. So you can you share with us if your idea to get her to go global without radio play instead of just shooting down my ideas so quickly?
    Well who's to say what you're saying she should do is the right or best way to go??? I'm too excited for new Carrie music and to see and experience her vision and voice play out. Carrie is too talented to blow the first single chance on a duet. Especially the first offering with her new label. And NONE of us have any idea of what Carrie is talking about when she says global star. That can encompass many facets of the entertainment industry not just music.

And unlike you, I trust Carrie and her team to come up with what they think is best for Carrie and her dreams. She hasn't disappointed me yet and I'm constantly amazed at the way Carrie's career has evolved. One thing I've learned in following one Carrie Marie Underwood, she's a very astute business woman and professional. One thing I'm confident in, is that Carrie will do what's best for her and her family.
    Carrieslegs84 and lizcarlo like this.

•