Page 12 of 514 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 10270
Like Tree36049Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

  1. #221
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,708
    Concert Stars
    ^ No one is asking her to "rush" the album. All we are saying is that 1 single could easily be released this Fall, with her taking her time on the album and releasing that in the Spring, etc.
    txacar, ethelu, Suellen and 2 others like this.

  • #222
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ No one is asking her to "rush" the album. All we are saying is that 1 single could easily be released this Fall, with her taking her time on the album and releasing that in the Spring, etc.
    I'd rather the single actually fit on the album rather than a random song.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

  • #223
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,803
    Concert Stars
    ^Keith was pretty successful with his 3 pre-album releases. See no reason why Carrie couldn't do that if she has already decided the theme of the album and the first single is a great song that they would release anyway. Hope that's how it turns out, but have seen nothing to indicate that it will.
    ethelu, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

  • #224
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,610
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    I'd rather the single actually fit on the album rather than a random song.
    and who's to say it wouldn't?
    for all intents and purposes , just a few random shows, she's been off since mid December.No reason she couldn't deliver a lead single by the CMAs if she chose.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #225
    Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,370
    I honestly think when she said earlier this year she wanted to take a break and focus on family she meant it. They probably have a plan for an album but we don't know. I think we might get a new single around the CMAs but who knows. She has no shows schedule until the September one. I think she needed a break because she missed family a lot touring etc. Mike might be playing his last season this year so that's probably a factor too.

  • #226
    Junior Carrie Follower kelanob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    321
    Does anyone have a list of the co-writes/holds from the CR era? This is the only list I've found:
    "I Was Gonna Love You" (Barry Dean, Carrie Underwood, Troy Verges)
    "Too Close To Home" (Barry Dean, Carrie Underwood, Troy Verges)
    "Before I Fall Too Far" (Chris Stapleton, Morgan Hayes, Carrie Underwood)
    "Can You Spare An Angel" (Steve McEwan, Carrie Underwood, Brett James)
    "Goodbye Feels Like a Good Thing" (Chris DuBois, David Lee, Carrie Underwood)
    "If You Ever Admit To Love" (Cathy Dennis, Tom Shapiro, Carrie Underwood)
    "That Don't Mean I Don't Miss You" (Kelley Lovelace, Ashley Gorley, Carrie Underwood)
    "Everybody Cries"(McEwan Steve, Carrie Underwood, Craig Michael Wiseman)
    "Never Get Used To You" (Lindsey HIllary Lee, McEwan Steve, Underwood Carrie)
    "The Truth Hurts" (Lindsey Hillary Lee, McEwan Steve, Underwood Carrie)
    "All-American Girl" (Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Lazy Day Song" (Angelo, Carrie Underwood, Luke Laird)
    "What Else You Got (Marv Green Steve McEwan Carrie Underwood)

    I'm specifically wondering what era the following songs are from:
    Feelin' Like Monday (I think it's from CR)
    I'll Lie (I also think it's from CR)
    txacar, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

  • #227
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,610
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the co-writes/holds from the CR era? This is the only list I've found:
    "I Was Gonna Love You" (Barry Dean, Carrie Underwood, Troy Verges)
    "Too Close To Home" (Barry Dean, Carrie Underwood, Troy Verges)
    "Before I Fall Too Far" (Chris Stapleton, Morgan Hayes, Carrie Underwood)
    "Can You Spare An Angel" (Steve McEwan, Carrie Underwood, Brett James)
    "Goodbye Feels Like a Good Thing" (Chris DuBois, David Lee, Carrie Underwood)
    "If You Ever Admit To Love" (Cathy Dennis, Tom Shapiro, Carrie Underwood)
    "That Don't Mean I Don't Miss You" (Kelley Lovelace, Ashley Gorley, Carrie Underwood)
    "Everybody Cries"(McEwan Steve, Carrie Underwood, Craig Michael Wiseman)
    "Never Get Used To You" (Lindsey HIllary Lee, McEwan Steve, Underwood Carrie)
    "The Truth Hurts" (Lindsey Hillary Lee, McEwan Steve, Underwood Carrie)
    "All-American Girl" (Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Lazy Day Song" (Angelo, Carrie Underwood, Luke Laird)
    "What Else You Got (Marv Green Steve McEwan Carrie Underwood)

    I'm specifically wondering what era the following songs are from:
    Feelin' Like Monday (I think it's from CR)
    I'll Lie (I also think it's from CR)
    looking at the BMI #'s it appears both of those were registered after the BA songs but before Keep Us Safe
    txacar, DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #228
    Ty
    Ty is offline
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,315
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    I'm specifically wondering what era the following songs are from:
    Feelin' Like Monday (I think it's from CR)
    I'll Lie (I also think it's from CR)
    You're right. They're both CR co-writes.
    oldyfan likes this.

  • #229
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    11,128
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the co-writes/holds from the CR era? This is the only list I've found:
    "I Was Gonna Love You" (Barry Dean, Carrie Underwood, Troy Verges)
    "Too Close To Home" (Barry Dean, Carrie Underwood, Troy Verges)
    "Before I Fall Too Far" (Chris Stapleton, Morgan Hayes, Carrie Underwood)
    "Can You Spare An Angel" (Steve McEwan, Carrie Underwood, Brett James)
    "Goodbye Feels Like a Good Thing" (Chris DuBois, David Lee, Carrie Underwood)
    "If You Ever Admit To Love" (Cathy Dennis, Tom Shapiro, Carrie Underwood)
    "That Don't Mean I Don't Miss You" (Kelley Lovelace, Ashley Gorley, Carrie Underwood)
    "Everybody Cries"(McEwan Steve, Carrie Underwood, Craig Michael Wiseman)
    "Never Get Used To You" (Lindsey HIllary Lee, McEwan Steve, Underwood Carrie)
    "The Truth Hurts" (Lindsey Hillary Lee, McEwan Steve, Underwood Carrie)
    "All-American Girl" (Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Lazy Day Song" (Angelo, Carrie Underwood, Luke Laird)
    "What Else You Got (Marv Green Steve McEwan Carrie Underwood)

    I'm specifically wondering what era the following songs are from:
    Feelin' Like Monday (I think it's from CR)
    I'll Lie (I also think it's from CR)

    OMG I didn't know she already wrote with Chris and Morgane before? I want thiiiiiissssssss! lol
    txacar, rainbow1, adam1995 and 4 others like this.

  • #230
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,993
    I wasn't aware of that one, either - but as it is registered in Morgane's maiden name, it probably is from back in that era. (Morgane also co-wrote "Don't Forget To Remember Me" - though not with Carrie, although Carrie picked it for SH. I've always thought that song suited Carrie - musically, in its faith connotations, and in its "time of life" theme, to a T. Carrie's mother also guested in the video)

    Barry Dean also co-wrote "Crazy Dreams" - another personal song for Carrie, and something of an anthem for believers in dreams. Like DFTRM, it's one of Carrie's most Country sounding early songs, with a Mountain-inspired musical track. She gave a memorable live performance of it at the Opry, on one of her happiest appearances.. (Barry, by the way, is Lori McKenna's most frequent musical collaborator)

    As a side note, Cathy Dennis - who also co-wrote "You Won't Find This" - could be a "go to" writer for an artist interested in international mixed-audience appeal. She's a Novello Award winner (the UK's most prestigious songwriting award), and songs like "Toxic" and "I Kissed a Girl" have been big multi-nation hits. Some might argue she would take Carrie too far into Pop or AC - but the choice of other co-writers would also be important, and the sound given to a song in performance depends on the style the musicians give it. Carrie could easily give a song a Country stamp (as I would say she did with YWFT), and the point could be that a major international writer adds flavour and experience to a new song - not necessarily that she dictates every aspect of it.
    rainbow1, Momin, txacar and 2 others like this.

  • #231
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,708
    Concert Stars
    I am glad she is having fun on the lake in Canada this week etc. She deserves it. But I really hope she gets back to writing in August. haha

    I wish there was something to look forward to this Fall. I hate when it is dead for a whole year. She has been off for 8 months come August 1st, and it feels like an eternity already. But we are used to it by now-- the dreaded in between album shut down torture. haha
    oldyfan and brenda218 like this.

  • #232
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,610
    Concert Stars
    ^ this the worst ever though with no festivals this summer

    I'm ready for SNF just to see something new from Carrie, and CMA promos need to start soon

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #233
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,419
    Well we have a 'cameo' appearance on the ABC CMA fest special. I believe it airs on Aug. 13th. I hope its at the beginning because I don't think I can stomach 3 hrs. of KB & TR!

    OH and maybe we'll be lucky to get a short skit with Carrie & Brad for their 10th hosting anniversary!! Got my fingers crossed for something fun from them.
    rainbow1, ethelu, txacar and 2 others like this.

  • #234
    Obsessed Carrie Fan PRGuy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,674
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I wasn't aware of that one, either - but as it is registered in Morgane's maiden name, it probably is from back in that era. (Morgane also co-wrote "Don't Forget To Remember Me" - though not with Carrie, although Carrie picked it for SH. I've always thought that song suited Carrie - musically, in its faith connotations, and in its "time of life" theme, to a T. Carrie's mother also guested in the video)

    Barry Dean also co-wrote "Crazy Dreams" - another personal song for Carrie, and something of an anthem for believers in dreams. Like DFTRM, it's one of Carrie's most Country sounding early songs, with a Mountain-inspired musical track. She gave a memorable live performance of it at the Opry, on one of her happiest appearances.. (Barry, by the way, is Lori McKenna's most frequent musical collaborator)

    As a side note, Cathy Dennis - who also co-wrote "You Won't Find This" - could be a "go to" writer for an artist interested in international mixed-audience appeal. She's a Novello Award winner (the UK's most prestigious songwriting award), and songs like "Toxic" and "I Kissed a Girl" have been big multi-nation hits. Some might argue she would take Carrie too far into Pop or AC - but the choice of other co-writers would also be important, and the sound given to a song in performance depends on the style the musicians give it. Carrie could easily give a song a Country stamp (as I would say she did with YWFT), and the point could be that a major international writer adds flavour and experience to a new song - not necessarily that she dictates every aspect of it.
    I'm so glad you mentioned Cathy Dennis and "You Won't Find This"! It has always been one of my favorite Carrie songs, and most-underrated. I would love to see her work with Cathy to broaden her international exposure.

  • #235
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    I'm so glad you mentioned Cathy Dennis and "You Won't Find This"! It has always been one of my favorite Carrie songs, and most-underrated. I would love to see her work with Cathy to broaden her international exposure.
    I hope she does as well. I think she has done everything that she possibly can to move her career forward in North America, so now she needs to tackle the rest of the world.
    PRGuy79 likes this.

  • #236
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,708
    Concert Stars
    So many under-rated songs that never saw the light on country radio:

    Choctaw
    Wine After Whiskey
    SWISLY
    Do You Think About Me
    Like I'll Never Love You Again
    Look At Me
    You Won't Find This
    Relapse/Chaser/Mexico

  • #237
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,708
    Concert Stars
    Our best hope is that Carrie gets bored soon once Mike goes back to training camp--- assuming he re-signs for another year. (hopefully) I want him to be Captain one more year. haha I want Isaiah to remember his Daddy being Captain.

  • #238
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,803
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So many under-rated songs that never saw the light on country radio:

    Choctaw
    Wine After Whiskey
    SWISLY
    Do You Think About Me
    Like I'll Never Love You Again
    Look At Me
    You Won't Find This
    Relapse/Chaser/Mexico
    Remember when CR ended and radio wasn't ready and began playing SLS? Labels should definitely release at least 5 songs from Carrie's albums. She doesn't even have to promote them -- if radio had played CCA or WAW audience would have loved them. Relapse gets lots of play on Sirius Velvet. Sounds so good on radio.

  • #239
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So many under-rated songs that never saw the light on country radio:

    Choctaw
    Wine After Whiskey
    SWISLY
    Do You Think About Me
    Like I'll Never Love You Again
    Look At Me
    You Won't Find This
    Relapse/Chaser/Mexico
    Agree. I hope we get more singles. Someday When I Stop Loving You, Good In Good, Forever Changed and many others too add to this incredible list. She has some great songs that were missed opportunities.
    maddkat likes this.

  • #240
    Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,347
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So many under-rated songs that never saw the light on country radio:

    Choctaw
    Wine After Whiskey
    SWISLY
    Do You Think About Me
    Like I'll Never Love You Again
    Look At Me
    You Won't Find This
    Relapse/Chaser/Mexico
    This Time too!
    lolita55 and teesharky like this.


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-07-2017, 01:24 PM
    2. Replies: 15
      Last Post: 12-01-2012, 10:57 PM
    3. Random Carrie Underwood Song featuring some Carrie Underwood Songs
      By PLAYON4CARRIEUNDERWOOD in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
    4. Carrie Underwood and Carrie Underwood Top This Week's Charts
      By countrymama22 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
    5. Carrie Underwood - Carrie Underwood Bags Best Dressed Title At Acm Awards
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-17-2012, 10:03 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •