Page 112 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 10279
Like Tree36073Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    Typo on Pulse also stated this which I found interesting:

"This is actually one of the songs, along with "Paint," that got leaked to Steve IC last year and then featured on Taylor's Inner Circle. However, it was only registered in the past week or so. Given that Carrie only started following Dave Barnes on social media prior to writing for this album and that Jordan Reynolds is a relatively new name in the songwriting world, I'm pretty sure this song was written for CU6.

I got the sense that "Paint" came from the same source, so I'd say that one was probably written for the next album as well."
    I could see Paint being used on CU6,but Fathers Son to me,almost sounds like it was written for Storyteller,not the new album.Is there anyway to really tell when Fathers Son was actually written?Paint I could most definitely see being used for CU6,but I just have a hard time believing that Fathers Son was written for the new album when I honestly think that none of us have any idea of when it was really written.I hate to put a damper on news like this,but that was a question that was going through my head when I read that statement.
    oldyfan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I found this video of the two co-writers, Dave Barnes & Jordan Reynolds, being interviewed (a couple of years ago):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT7juUsNOMo

Barnes is probably best known for this song (which was Grammy nominated, for the version Blake Shelton recorded)

Last edited by Farawayhills; 04-02-2018 at 12:18 PM.

(I've now removed the reference to a website by an artist with the name Jordan Reynolds from my last post, as I'm now certain that that is not the writer being discussed here)

Carrie's potential co-writer, Jordan Kyle Reynolds is actually a very prolific writer on the current scene, having co-written with a very wide range of singer/songwriters. Video evidence seems sparse on YouTube, but this is an example of his work with a female artist (my personal reaction, on this limited evidence, and on the comments in the interview with the two writers, is that I would probably prefer his style to that of the other writer)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I could see Paint being used on CU6,but Fathers Son to me,almost sounds like it was written for Storyteller,not the new album.Is there anyway to really tell when Fathers Son was actually written?Paint I could most definitely see being used for CU6,but I just have a hard time believing that Fathers Son was written for the new album when I honestly think that none of us have any idea of when it was really written.I hate to put a damper on news like this,but that was a question that was going through my head when I read that statement.
    No, I'm afraid it isn't directly possible to date a song from registration information - that is why fans have to use clues like the ones Typo mentioned - such as the fact that Carrie started following Dave Barnes recently. (Both co-writers appear to be active on the Christian music scene, which might suggest a common interest with Carrie, but she usually only follows people when there is some closer connection. A similar example that comes to mind was that she followed Caitlyn Smith after they wrote together)

HFA stands for the Harry Fox Agency, which offers a quick way to register songs to ensure that the streaming and digital download royalties get paid to the rights holders. I can't say whether or not that implies that someone expects the song to be publicly available soon. Looking at it suggests that the registration was probably made by one of the publishing houses (a Warner Brothers subsidiary), rather than by the songwriters. (Writers are often cautious about registering songs that may be used by major artists, for fear of "jumping the gun" and risking having an expected cut cancelled)

Two other things I noticed about the registration, that may be of interest:

Two of the writers' names (Carrie Underwood and Jordan Reynolds) are entered correctly (though without their middle names, which struck me as a little unusual). The third name is entered as just "Barns", with no Christian name, and the wrong spelling. That suggested to me that the registration was hurried, perhaps by someone who didn't have full information, about a writer they didn't represent. (At a pure guess, it occurred to me that a staff member at one of the publishers may have seen the excerpt of the lyric posted, and registered quickly to assert copyright, before any more appeared - just speculation!)

Secondly, a publisher whose name I recognize appears to have an interest in the publication. If so, it may suggest that Carrie no longer objects to using songs connected with them - which could be important for Jon Randall and Ashley Monroe, for example, appearing again on her albums at some point in future. (The caveat is, of course, that if someone connected with that firm is again suspected of "leaking" songs she may resume her concerns about security!)

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is random and doesn't have anything to do with Album 6, so I'm sorry to post it here and bother you all, I just thought this would be one of the more heavily trafficked pages haha.
    I remember some time ago someone posted a link (I think it was to a tumblr account?) where you would pick between two of Carrie's songs and eventually it would spit out your ranking of her discography. Does anyone else remember that/have the link to it? I thought it was fun and I don't remember my answers so I wanted to play again haha.
    Thanks!

Junior Carrie Follower
    She just posted a photo on Facebook of her in the studio!!
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^

gonna ask that we don't dissect the actual picture, what it means ok but not the pic.Please?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower
    This has to mean a new single is coming soon, right??????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think itís interesting she didnít even put a caption. So idk something is happening soon I hope!
    Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.

Please please please let the picture hope single is coming.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Should be interesting Dierks is announcing a new experience on Thursday, new Kenny single on Friday..... as that picture makes me so excited and hopeful, maybe this is her teaser and that’s why everyone is pushing their stuff sooner, so Carrie gets the Prime Spot, announcement for Next Friday, right before the ACM’s and and debuts its live on the ACM’s after the weekend promo. Radio deal on Friday. This would be Ideal!!!! Who else could make a splash right before that hasn’t yet????

Its coming!! She looks beautiful!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy16 View Post
    I think itís interesting she didnít even put a caption. So idk something is happening soon I hope!
    the fact that she didn't caption makes me hopefully for new music soon!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is it the black & white photo? If so, I'm not sure if that's a recording studio. There's not much to go on, but from the general look, it could also be a radio interview
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ killjoy

certainly looks like a recording studio to me. Can't see any reason she'd post a pic from a radio station.Especially without mentioning the station.To what end?
    Hil and oldyfan like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Is it the black & white photo? If so, I'm not sure if that's a recording studio. There's not much to go on, but from the general look, it could also be a radio interview
    Idk. That board looks like a sound board used to change levels of vocals, instruments, etc. At least to me.

If so, I think it would be a late stage in the process - monitoring what's been done, rather than laying down sound.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Tee saw this,

@LelandOfficial

he quoted Carrie ,maybe he's involved with the cd, or just the lead single?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    *starts breathing heavily* Please oh please let this be a sign for news of new music very "soon"

•