Page 110 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 10279
Like Tree36073Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Don't get me wrong, she has a successful history with Mark Bright, you cannot deny that. But I don't want another album like the last 5. I want something fresh and different (obviously not crazy) but experimental in the least. To be really honest even as my favourite artist, the last album got the least playtime over the following months of it's release than any other album she has had because it wasn't 'new' enough in my head that it got lost. Love her to death and I'd listen to her sing the alphabet over and over if she released it, but I don't want cookie cutter or another variant of her previous albums, I want this album to be career defining at the start of a new era with her label. That means for me ditching Bright for the best part and at least trying out other producers in the industry, otherwise over time she will become an artist stuck in her sound and genre without moving away from what she knows works for her.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Carrie probably want something different as well/career defining and may be why it is taking so long.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Our discussion of Carrie's direction for this new album got me thinking about her songs. I've been wanting to ask you guys, do you think she's been doing too many story songs? I mean, I love them, but then I'm a fan lol. Do you feel that other people, the neutral ones or the casual fans, and the critics, think so?
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Our discussion of Carrie's direction for this new album got me thinking about her songs. I've been wanting to ask you guys, do you think she's been doing too many story songs? I mean, I love them, but then I'm a fan lol. Do you feel that other people, the neutral ones or the casual fans, and the critics, think so?
    I think you've touched there on something that goes to the core of who Carrie is as an artist (and, at the same time, I have to say, something that may always get a little in the way of how she's perceived by critics and some of the non-fan audience).

What I'm saying is that Carrie seems to prefer singing "in character", one step away from the subject matter of most of her songs. - and that is probably why she prefers songs with a powerful, but often somewhat unreal, story line. It can result in many opportunities to show her remarkable vocal skills, and that is something that critics often give considerable praise. But she still often tends, in my opinion, to stop a little short of being fully identified with a song - she does rather give the impression of using the song as a vehicle for her artistry, rather than something she's wholly emotionally committed to. Fans love that, and find the stories both memorable and varied - but others, I think, do sometimes feel a relative lack of the singer/songwriter "soul" in the subject matter. It's a matter of taste - and in commercial terms probably doesn't hold her back at all - but some constituencies (ones that some fans may profess to despise, but still seem to complain about not being on board) will see that as a relative shortcoming.

To sum up - there have been songs that, for me, are among Carrie's very best - and which do call for greater personal immersion and identification from the singer. Forever Changed, and Like I'll Never Love You Again are examples. But Carrie has said herself that she finds them very difficult to sing (and in both those cases, has passed on for live performance - in the case of LINLYA, in the one live performance she gave, she pointedly left the most emotionally deep line to the writers to sing). In my opinion, more songs like that would make her a true "great" in the long-term context, as well as a critical favourite.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triquetral View Post
    Don't get me wrong, she has a successful history with Mark Bright, you cannot deny that. But I don't want another album like the last 5. I want something fresh and different (obviously not crazy) but experimental in the least. To be really honest even as my favourite artist, the last album got the least playtime over the following months of it's release than any other album she has had because it wasn't 'new' enough in my head that it got lost. Love her to death and I'd listen to her sing the alphabet over and over if she released it, but I don't want cookie cutter or another variant of her previous albums, I want this album to be career defining at the start of a new era with her label. That means for me ditching Bright for the best part and at least trying out other producers in the industry, otherwise over time she will become an artist stuck in her sound and genre without moving away from what she knows works for her.
    Mark Bright feels the same way:

"Mark Bright: Iíll give you my take on this. I think itís a fantastic idea for an artist, particularly an artist thatís hugely successful, to expand their creativity by working with different producers. If I were an artist, I would want to see what it would be like with another producer to see what new direction I could go artistically.Sometimes the process works, sometimes it doesnít. In Carrie Underwoodís case it obviously worked very well. Donít get me wrong, I love making whole albums and records but I think working with multiple producers can yield a better final product. I love the songs Jay Joyce produced on this album, his work was just brilliant. Also Zach Crowell did a wonderful job on his two tracks. Our processes are all quite different from each other. Thatís why Iím so excited about the Storyteller album."

Source: https://musicrow.com/2016/09/the-pro...r-mark-bright/

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Triquetral View Post
    Like Iíve already said in my previous posts,she has had so much success with Mark Bright in the past that it makes absolutely zero sense to ditch him just because your opinion is that she shouldnít be working with him at all.If you do recall,she did branch out on Storyteller with Jay Joyce & Zach Crowell & the results worked out quite well with some of those garnering her more #1s & they really did stretch her artistry further to give her more dimension than she ever did in the past.I really donít get how you would forget that she worked with those other two producers on Storyteller.So in that aspect,she didnít get stuck in her sound & move away from what she knows works well for her.Working with those other two producers just added more dimension & depth to her music that wasnít there before.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Just saw over on Pulse that someone saw on Twitter that Carrie will be stopping by the American Country Countodown with Kix Brooks this weekend!!!!
    To talk about the new album hopefully!

^ probably a phonecall lol but its something, maybe she will announce someting about the ACM's.
    ethelu, Hil and oldyfan like this.

The answer is yes, for me. Probably an unpopular answer here.
    Claire2004 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Just saw over on Pulse that someone saw on Twitter that Carrie will be stopping by the American Country Countodown with Kix Brooks this weekend!!!!
    To talk about the new album hopefully!
    probably some old audio about TC
    Kix show isn't exactly one to go on to announce anything.
    Carrieslegs84, Hil and teesharky like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junior Carrie Follower
    The one thing I loved about Storyteller is that even tho it was an album full of story songs, it gave us a greater glimpse into her personal life than she has on any of her albums. Iíd like to see her continue with that. I think it would be cool if she wrote a song or two about her fall and the experience sheís felt since.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    The answer is yes, for me. Probably an unpopular answer here.
    The reason that I gravitated towards the country genre in the first place was because of Carrie,but secondly,it seems to be the only genre that can tell a story in 4 minutes or less.Youíre not going to hear that on pop radio because all of the songs are mostly about having sex or the various ways to have sex & who wants to hear that on pop radio day in & day out?How could you hate her story telling songs?That is mostly what the country genre consists of & she is one of the best that I know of that can tell a story in a song & make you believe it really happened.I think one of the marks of a good storyteller is that they always leave you wanting more when the story or song is over & you really want to know what happens to the person or people in the song after itís all over.I love her story telling songs because they leave you wanting more & what happens next to the character or characters in the song after itís all over.
    mofan and oldyfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Like Iíve already said in my previous posts,she has had so much success with Mark Bright in the past that it makes absolutely zero sense to ditch him just because your opinion is that she shouldnít be working with him at all.If you do recall,she did branch out on Storyteller with Jay Joyce & Zach Crowell & the results worked out quite well with some of those garnering her more #1s & they really did stretch her artistry further to give her more dimension than she ever did in the past. I really donít get how you would forget that she worked with those other two producers on Storyteller.So in that aspect,she didnít get stuck in her sound & move away from what she knows works well for her. Working with those other two producers just added more dimension & depth to her music that wasnít there before.
    Absolutely I agree with you! Imagine if she used new producers for a whole album, as you said could be in an entirely new dimension and worldly success! Never doubted Mark Brights success with her, but no artist stayed relevant doing the same thing over and over again. Time for change
    teesharky likes this.

Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIC View Post
    I just got an unreleased Carrie studio song called "Father's Son" from Music Row with her on lead vocals. Has anyone heard anything about this song?
    Just found something that I believe proves this song was written for CU6. With that being said, I'm thinking "Paint" was most likely also written for CU6.

I would like more songs like Forever Changed, Like I'll Never Love You Again, Wine After Whisky ect and have it released as single. They need to start releasing these gems instead of keeping them as album track. I just love her more toned down singing. Don't get me wrong love her songs where she uses her vocals. Her softer singing is so beautiful. Love her LINLYA performance. Would really like something fresh with new writers and producers for whole album. I don't think she will ditch them so to have new writers and producers for over half the songs would be great. I like Carrie story songs. She could also take different direction in the type of story songs she does.
    jimshoe, hjj, oldyfan and 3 others like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Just found something that I believe proves this song was written for CU6. With that being said, I'm thinking "Paint" was most likely also written for CU6.
    Hmm.. so if this is the case, seems like she has been recording since last year... wonder if Q1 waa true after all for new music (not TC) but got delayed with the fall... ďPaintĒ and ďFatherís SonĒ got good lyrics so far.. Canít wait to hear Ďem if they are indeed in #6...
    hjj, oldyfan, Smokyiiis and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Just bring on the new music NOW please! I’m done with this boring wait!
    lizcarlo likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

I hate to even ask this,but is there any way to prove that Paint & Fathers Son were truly written for CU6?What did you find that proves that Fathers Son & Paint were written for CU6?Just asking,not trying to start any arguments here,just asking because Iím curious on how you came to that conclusion.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    so what did you find?
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    so what did you find?
    And can you find more? Haha!
    Claire2004 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

•