Page 101 of 487 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 9727
Like Tree34642Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I too think a lead single will be sung at the ACMs with the album to follow soon thereafter. After her post about everything she's been doing during this past year I think we are gonna be in for more than one surprise. And ya know, it's really very typical of how Carrie works us. lol
    Even after last nights Twitter post about how she can’t wait to share all of these things that she’s been working on this past year,if she is going to perform a new single at the ACMs,she or her label either needs to announce something in the next few weeks or they need to announce her as a performer for the show so we at could at least know she would be performing the lead single.I really have no idea if she is going to surprise us or not.Knowing Carrie,there might be a few more surprises than we think!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I hope all of you hoping "all the things" means a lot of projects are right. I didn't read it that way, I just assumed it encompassed the whole album. Hopefully, though I'm wrong.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I was going to post this very same thing. For Melissa not to post something on Instagram is very telling. She does an insta story several times a day!
    Have really missed her. What did she do to her lip?
    txacar and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Have really missed her. What did she do to her lip?
    She used a lip enhancer thing that someone sent her.Bruised her lips.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    She used a lip enhancer thing that someone sent her.Bruised her lips.
    That was an interesting post. She showed her lips the next day or two and hasn't been posting since. So that is why I am thinking she might be out of town, or working with Carrie.

Also Melissa posted when she has had pneumonia.
    txacar and Suellen like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I hope all of you hoping "all the things" means a lot of projects are right. I didn't read it that way, I just assumed it encompassed the whole album. Hopefully, though I'm wrong.
    Yes, I read it the same way you did, Adam. A lot of artists talk that way about their albums, the exciting new "things" they've been working on implying the writing, the musical styles and the themes. (However - a lot of people here are seasoned experts at reading Carrie clues, so they may well be on the right track!)
    adam1995, MSCarriefan and txacar like this.

Junior Carrie Follower xboom28x's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Just to be clear from my original post, I wasn't saying hockey was the only reason she was delaying the album. But, if you combine her not being ready to be in front of a camera, as well as Mike coming back from retirement, and the fact that she has said in the past that she likes to keep her summers open schedule-wise for the playoffs all contribute to a delayed album release. Her new record company will let Carrie make that call when she is ready. They will not force her to do anything that she isn't ready to do.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xboom28x View Post
    Just to be clear from my original post, I wasn't saying hockey was the only reason she was delaying the album. But, if you combine her not being ready to be in front of a camera, as well as Mike coming back from retirement, and the fact that she has said in the past that she likes to keep her summers open schedule-wise for the playoffs all contribute to a delayed album release. Her new record company will let Carrie make that call when she is ready. They will not force her to do anything that she isn't ready to do.
    Agreed 100%!!That is what I’ve been trying to say all along,but I could never find the right words to say it with!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    But it's been a year since she signed, UMG is going to start wanting to put something out. I'm not trying to force her (just to be clear), but they are a business and a business needs to make money, and I'm sure they are spending a lot for Carrie, I'm sure they are going to want her to get something out soon.

Plus, she released "Blown Away" in May, and her summer wasn't overly packed, she didn't start that tour until the Fall.
    hjj, rcramer, maddkat and 5 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by xboom28x View Post
    To be honest, not even sure that is the case anymore.... Carrie has been out in the public already, just not in front of the live audience yet..... She has time before the ACM's...... And of course no one is forcing her to do anything but she has an obligation to fill with UMG, so delaying things are sometimes not an option...... Carrie works her time and all very very well......
    cmarieu and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    To be honest, not even sure that is the case anymore.... Carrie has been out in the public already, just not in front of the live audience yet..... She has time before the ACM's...... And of course no one is forcing her to do anything but she has an obligation to fill with UMG, so delaying things are sometimes not an option...... Carrie works her time and all very very well......
    But at this point in Carrie’s career,wouldn’t she at least have a little bit of pull if something did end up having to be delayed?When would she have time before the ACMs,of which nothing has been said about her performing there as of yet,to show herself to the general public?Lastly,what do you mean when you said that she works her time & all very well?I’m a little confused as to what you mean by that.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I was meaning that Carrie is very good at her time and working with deadlines, schedules, conflicts etc..... Remember this is all of what I see Carrie as since I have followed her career since winning Idol back in 2005...

And since this is a new contract with UMG and it was signed a year ago, she would always have some say so, but she still has to oblige to the contract... It does appear something is coming from her, and like Carrie, she likes to keep us fans in suspense....... I'm hoping to hear news soon, but the ACM's is the best place to showcase a new single from her just due to awards, eligibility periods, etc...
    cmarieu, Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    But at this point in Carrie’s career,wouldn’t she at least have a little bit of pull if something did end up having to be delayed?When would she have time before the ACMs,of which nothing has been said about her performing there as of yet,to show herself to the general public?Lastly,what do you mean when you said that she works her time & all very well?I’m a little confused as to what you mean by that.
    Of course she would have some pull, and delays probably occurred when she fell, but I don't think a company is going to be happy if their employee says I want three months off to watch hockey, especially when there is no guarantee of having hockey for three full months.

There's still a month before the ACMs, seems like a decent amount of time.
    cmarieu, Suellen, maddkat and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well, as others have said, at least Carrie didn't say "soon" in her tweet, lol. I'm sure she knows by now how much we all hate that word, haha. I guess until the ACMs are over, I am going to hold out hope that we get a surprise single announcement and debut at the ACMs and remain hopeful that we get a summer album release. I know that Donna listed some UMG artists' album release dates earlier, but when is Keith releasing his or does he even have a date set? With his last album I know he released 2 or 3 singles before releasing the album. I don't think Carrie will release that many, although 2 singles would be a possibility. It certainly didn't hurt Keith - Ripcord was a very successful album for him.

I would love it if Carrie has something up her sleeve besides just an album release, but I'm not going to get too excited about that one just yet. Hopefully "all the things" does include a tour announcement for this fall, though. I just hope that she goes back to allowing you to buy 2 of the big VIP package with the M&G. I know she allowed the purchase of two packages for the first leg of the ST tour, but didn't it drop to 1 for the second leg? I never understood that, because who wants to sit by themselves? I want so bad to buy 2 of the M&G packages for myself and my daughter since the Fan Club M&G scenario won't work for us since my daughter is 5 and can't join the OFC.

Also, I don't think the possibility of the Preds making the Stanley Cup finals will affect an album release schedule too much, even if she is thinking of releasing in June. She would probably schedule things pretty lightly around that time so that she could make most of the games and keep a week or two free for when the last week of the finals take place just in case the Preds make it. I do think August could be a good possibility for an album release as well and that's less than 5 months away, which isn't too bad. I would be ok with that as long as we got a couple singles before the album release and lots of fun promotional stuff. We will see how it all plays out!

Also, we have no idea what Carrie has been working on the last couple of months, other than being in the studio. She could have already done photo or video shoots and we might not have any clue about it, or she could be scheduled to do that stuff over the next couple of weeks. It might be good for her to have done a photo shoot for the single and just kind of let that out to the public before making her first live appearance. Then people could get all of their scrutiny and comments over with without her having to address it directly in a live interview or performance setting. If not, her first live appearance will be full of questions about how the fall did/didn't change her looks. Just putting a picture out there and letting it speak for itself might be the easiest, when she is ready for that.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Of course she would have some pull, and delays probably occurred when she fell, but I don't think a company is going to be happy if their employee says I want three months off to watch hockey, especially when there is no guarantee of having hockey for three full months.

There's still a month before the ACMs, seems like a decent amount of time.
    Your point is the best so far (Thanks so much), I agree with you, she has a "boss" like everyone else has, when you need to stop for health reasons or rest or a sick child (I know why, my son is with chicken pox) is an important thing, other than that, I don't think so. Clearly, she's been working hard, she wants it as much as we do.

I loved the last comments, we're finally talking as we should. I hope it continues.

PS: Happy birthday late Kizmet311.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm gonna consider the opening of Idol last night as one of the 'things' Carrie mentioned in her tweet.
    Looking forward to the other 'things' and new music. Soontiny-smileys-yesemoticons-032.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm gonna consider the opening of Idol last night as one of the 'things' Carrie mentioned in her tweet.
    Looking forward to the other 'things' and new music. Soontiny-smileys-yesemoticons-032.gif
    And that give us goose bumps, right? That narrating voice. God, was hard to hold back the tears. Thanks.
    txacar and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    This is what I was thinking as well, D! Another thing I'm wondering if she's working on is her 10th anniversary of her Opry induction. That's coming up in May and I'm certain that the Opry would want to celebrate that occasion with her and for her.

I still have my fingers crossed for a performance on the ACMs. The world is dying to hear her. We need her especially with all the crazy things going on in the world.
    cmarieu, txacar, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm still watching her summer schedule, which shows one event, lol. Until last year she always had a full schedule of festivals, a great way to promote her music. Carrie is a planner and rarely leaves anything to chance (unless it's Bono calling for help on Aids concert), so I really can't even venture a guess as to how what she has been doing will affect what she will do in the coming months/years. Hopefully, we're in for a fun time and I can't wait to get started!!!!
    cmarieu, Carrieslegs84 and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    I was meaning that Carrie is very good at her time and working with deadlines, schedules, conflicts etc..... Remember this is all of what I see Carrie as since I have followed her career since winning Idol back in 2005...

And since this is a new contract with UMG and it was signed a year ago, she would always have some say so, but she still has to oblige to the contract... It does appear something is coming from her, and like Carrie, she likes to keep us fans in suspense....... I'm hoping to hear news soon, but the ACM's is the best place to showcase a new single from her just due to awards, eligibility periods, etc...
    I've at least followed her that long too&I get what you mean about deadlines,conflicts & schedules because I deal with some of that as a college student & my mom as a special Ed teacher always has deadlines with IEP meetings with parents,report cards & reports that are due by a certain date,so I completely understand that some deadlines do need to be met in order for things to keep working smoothly.If she is going to perform at the ACMs,either she,her label or someone needs to at least say something one way or the other if there would be a new single coming and if there was,would she be performing it at the show itself within the next few weeks because then we would have a better idea if she was performing or not.If she said that she can't wait to show us what she's been working on this past year,then I would have to imagine that there is something coming down the pipeline eventually!!
    cmarieu likes this.

•