Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 288
Like Tree711Likes

Thread: Album 6 Discussion: Writing Has Begun

  1. #201
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,393
    Miranda and Carrie remind me of Loretta and Patsy Cline/Dolly. Anyone else think this or is it just me??

    Carrie and Miranda are amazing in their own way. Love this picture

    C8dDVgrVoAALXhG.jpg
    ethelu likes this.

  • #202
    Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,331
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I do not think I have just one favorite. I love maybe every single she's ever released and a lot of songs on her albums. I know it sounds like I complain a lot about really disliking her songs, but those are only few of them. Eventually, I start liking them. But, I love all her stuff. I could tell you the ones I don't like as much though which are, most recently, DL, Chaser, and RR. I like SB even, I just feel like it was a weird single choice that tried to appeal to the audience and didn't work out. But, every single she's released previously has been amazing to me with the exceptions of Last Name, Temporary Home, and Two Black Cadillacs. But, I've recently gave LN and TBC a chance again and they're better than I thought at the time of release. Cowboy Casanova also REALLY bothered me, but now I like it a lot all these years later.

    IKYW is one of my favorite songs from her ever that she never released.
    RR, Chaser, and DL are literally my top 3 favorites from Storyteller lol

  • #203
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    447
    Carrie confuses me lol. Things I normally might not like, I'd listen to for her and like it a lot. But then there are songs from her I absolutely despise and wish she never sang lol.
    HuiZ, pklongbeach and oldyfan like this.

  • #204
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Carrie confuses me lol. Things I normally might not like, I'd listen to for her and like it a lot. But then there are songs from her I absolutely despise and wish she never sang lol.
    Carrie likes so many different kinds of music, it's no wonder there is such variety on her albums, even though she plans to stick with country music. I also listen to songs I wouldn't normally because it's Carrie. Some songs I haven't liked at first have grown on me after hearing the album over and over.

  • #205
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,130
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Miranda and Carrie remind me of Loretta and Patsy Cline/Dolly. Anyone else think this or is it just me??

    Carrie and Miranda are amazing in their own way. Love this picture

    C8dDVgrVoAALXhG.jpg
    I'm glad they are friends instead of having one of those ridiculous rivalries that happens with some pop stars.

  • #206
    Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    263
    JMO-think she she go back and study where she wants to go, regardless of where that may be, think ST did not turn me on, or the songs she released did not, had better songs on there that was never released. ML will keep winning awards as she has been, and Carrie may get a Grammy here and there. Sick of the so called award shows, they are so fixed. Please, no offense to anyone except CM.

  • #207
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145
    Yeah,Beyoncé acts like she's the greatest female singer that's ever been around & newsflash,she isn't.I have zero tolerance for singers who act like they're better than everyone else(i.e.Rihanna,Katy Perry)& lets the general public know it.Beyonce thinks she & Jay Z are the greatest thing since sliced bread & I'm sorry,they do ABSOLUTELY nothing for me when it come to them & their so called "music".The way they flaunt their lavish lifestyle is so tasteless & gaudy when you're getting your daughter a $3,000 purse that costs more than what some people could normally afford in a months time,it reeks of wealth that most people in this world will never have in this lifetime & flaunting it just makes you out of touch & stuck up.Carrie is such the complete opposite of that in the way she chooses to live her life even though we all know she probably has more than enough money to go around the world a few times.She & Mike tend to be quite private about their lives,unlike Beyoncé
    who feels the need to announce every aspect of her life so publicly that she leaves no mystery for people to figure out & that is not appealing to me at all.Carries has a lot of mystery surrounding her public & private life with Mike so we have fun trying to figure it out & I like that!!Give me Carrie over Beyoncé any day of the week talent wise and life in general!!
    lolita55 likes this.

  • #208
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,618
    Concert Stars
    Sorry but Storyteller is the best album of her career. Hands down. I will always be disappointed by the lack of a 5th single on every album but one-- that infuriates me. And I will always regret the amazing songs that were never heard by the world that should have been singles. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Storyteller was a fabulous album that she put her heart and soul into.

    ST got great reviews overall and the highest metacritic score of her career. The fact that the album was snubbed by ACMs and Grammys is no reflection on its quality. We all know the politics and bs at these award shows. Don't buy into the hype. Grammys love Carrie but they oddly snub her albums, for no apparent reason.

    You can't let the lack of awards for ST (except AMAS- it won country album of the year) cause you to buy into the Fake news myth that the album wasn't deserving of those awards: IT WAS! We all know the dirty dealings that go on behind the scenes by now, WME bs, and otherwise. It is not a reflection of the quality of Carrie's albums or body of work.

    Don't buy into the false hype just because WME buys awards for others ad nauseum. Carrie is still the true country queen of this generation. Everyone knows it except award show voters, and they are bought & paid for.

  • #209
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    I'm glad they are friends instead of having one of those ridiculous rivalries that happens with some pop stars.
    I agree. Their friendship is so cute. They always support each other.




    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Sorry but Storyteller is the best album of her career. Hands down. I will always be disappointed by the lack of a 5th single on every album but one-- that infuriates me. And I will always regret the amazing songs that were never heard by the world that should have been singles. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Storyteller was a fabulous album that she put her heart and soul into.

    ST got great reviews overall and the highest metacritic score of her career. The fact that the album was snubbed by ACMs and Grammys is no reflection on its quality. We all know the politics and bs at these award shows. Don't buy into the hype. Grammys love Carrie but they oddly snub her albums, for no apparent reason.

    You can't let the lack of awards for ST (except AMAS- it won country album of the year) cause you to buy into the Fake news myth that the album wasn't deserving of those awards: IT WAS! We all know the dirty dealings that go on behind the scenes by now, WME bs, and otherwise. It is not a reflection of the quality of Carrie's albums or body of work.

    Don't buy into the false hype just because WME buys awards for others ad nauseum. Carrie is still the true country queen of this generation. Everyone knows it except award show voters, and they are bought & paid for.
    Storyteller is amazing cd with some great music. I liked that she did some new things. That's what I love about Carrie. She loves all types of music so I am not surprised when that reflects in her music.

    She is amazing at the bluesy country so I hope she continues that sound.

  • #210
    Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,132
    Agreed. ST was an amazing album. I always use the word "grittier" - we got to see the grittier side of Carrie's range with songs like RR, DL, CB, SB, CCA, Chaser and Relapse. I think it will go down as a very mature, gritty piece of work.

  • #211
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    I personally think that ST was the best marriage of Carries voice to the material. She did use her voice in a very mature way. And it was very natural as it defined the different stories she told.
    I just think she has saturated the market at country so completely that many in the public feel like they know her and her music and know that they are going to hear plenty of it at radio so do not need to buy the music. Now she does amazingly well with sales so don't misunderstand me. Its actually astounding how completely she has embodied the entire industry. But at some point sales are going flat line. And I think we are seeing that. It is no different than a Kenny C or Brad Paisley.

    So the question becomes "does Carrie still feel like simply being a country artist and enjoying that life is enough". Because she has done everything you can do under that umbrella. And I would not be disappointed if she decided that is all she needs or wants. But she does have so much potencial on a bigger scale. So it is really up to her. But if she does want to continue to grow she is going to have to go back to songs like BA IKYW and SITW. And move away from concept albums like ST that are specifically Country/Western.
    Josh, lolita55, Kizmet311 and 1 others like this.

  • #212
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I personally think that ST was the best marriage of Carries voice to the material. She did use her voice in a very mature way. And it was very natural as it defined the different stories she told.
    I just think she has saturated the market at country so completely that many in the public feel like they know her and her music and know that they are going to hear plenty of it at radio so do not need to buy the music. Now she does amazingly well with sales so don't misunderstand me. Its actually astounding how completely she has embodied the entire industry. But at some point sales are going flat line. And I think we are seeing that. It is no different than a Kenny C or Brad Paisley.

    So the question becomes "does Carrie still feel like simply being a country artist and enjoying that life is enough". Because she has done everything you can do under that umbrella. And I would not be disappointed if she decided that is all she needs or wants. But she does have so much potencial on a bigger scale. So it is really up to her. But if she does want to continue to grow she is going to have to go back to songs like BA IKYW and SITW. And move away from concept albums like ST that are specifically Country/Western.

    Yeah I feel like she's expected to be everywhere so it isn't as exciting. She needs to stay off the spotlight and maybe work more on her writing/sound and make an even "grittier" album. Something raw and unapologetic. I feel like this wasn't enough. But yeah.. she should maybe transition into pop, as much as I hate it, but she could definitely use her talents for more widespread recognition.

  • #213
    Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    957
    Concert Stars
    I really wonder what direction the next album will take. Carrie has always done story songs (thats what country music is really!), but after making an album called Storyteller and really focusing on that theme, if she comes out with another album with a lot of story songs will she be criticized for staying the same and not changing things up? I could see critics saying its same old Carrie and be critical even if the music is good.

    That being said, Carrie is so good at the story songs that I hope she continues. There needs to be at least one death on the next album ;) ha!
    oldyfan likes this.

  • #214
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,300
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah I feel like she's expected to be everywhere so it isn't as exciting. She needs to stay off the spotlight and maybe work more on her writing/sound and make an even "grittier" album. Something raw and unapologetic. I feel like this wasn't enough. But yeah.. she should maybe transition into pop, as much as I hate it, but she could definitely use her talents for more widespread recognition.
    will anything ever be enough?

    please no navel gazing albums..zzzzzzzzzzz

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #215
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I personally think that ST was the best marriage of Carries voice to the material. She did use her voice in a very mature way. And it was very natural as it defined the different stories she told.
    I just think she has saturated the market at country so completely that many in the public feel like they know her and her music and know that they are going to hear plenty of it at radio so do not need to buy the music. Now she does amazingly well with sales so don't misunderstand me. Its actually astounding how completely she has embodied the entire industry. But at some point sales are going flat line. And I think we are seeing that. It is no different than a Kenny C or Brad Paisley.

    So the question becomes "does Carrie still feel like simply being a country artist and enjoying that life is enough". Because she has done everything you can do under that umbrella. And I would not be disappointed if she decided that is all she needs or wants. But she does have so much potencial on a bigger scale. So it is really up to her. But if she does want to continue to grow she is going to have to go back to songs like BA IKYW and SITW. And move away from concept albums like ST that are specifically Country/Western.
    I completely agree. In my opinion Carrie has nothing left to prove in country music, all of her fans know that she is this generation's country queen, and is up there with the likes of Dolly, Loretta, Reba, Patsy, Shania etc. The only thing that she deserves and hasn't gotten yet is the CMA entertainer of the year.

    I think she needs to broaden her horizons more, and put out an album that consists of pop songs, country pop songs, blusey country songs, and southern rock songs etc., and then release the pop songs worldwide. That would give her more exposure which in turn would make the country music Industry look bad for giving Miranda and other artists all of these awards and not her.
    pklongbeach and Josh like this.

  • #216
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    I really wonder what direction the next album will take. Carrie has always done story songs (thats what country music is really!), but after making an album called Storyteller and really focusing on that theme, if she comes out with another album with a lot of story songs will she be criticized for staying the same and not changing things up? I could see critics saying its same old Carrie and be critical even if the music is good.

    That being said, Carrie is so good at the story songs that I hope she continues. There needs to be at least one death on the next album ha!
    .....and yet, other country singers basically put out the same album over and over and over (not able to distinguish one from another), and the critics applaud them. One of my biggest critiques of ML is that very thing. I see her do nothing but the same sound with the same malaise and everyone loves her for it. There is nothing wrong with that mind you, but why one gets a free pass to do the same thing again and again and another is expected to be a chameleon seems very unfair if not hypocritical!
    DaisyTweets, lolita55 and oldyfan like this.

  • #217
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,618
    Concert Stars
    The big BMI songwriting award she got last night could be an indication that the industry is trying to bypass the WME stronghold on the cmas and acms to finally give Carrie credit she is due. Past recipients of the honor include really huge names- all genre. Not even Miranda has won the award .
    Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

  • #218
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,300
    Concert Stars
    ^ how about we stop measuring Carrie's success against Lambert.
    It's an absurd measuring tool and it's getting tiresome.



    this thread is about Carrie's next cd, how about we keep talk about that.thanks

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #219
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    ^the point I was making was with regard to country albums by country singers in general. I would not measure Carries success by Miranda's. That would be unfair to Miranda! Wink!
    teesharky and oldyfan like this.

  • #220
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,641
    Carrie won because she is one of the most impressive artists of today, not so she could one up anyone. I can't wait to see what is coming down the line for her.
    hjj, lizcarlo, lolita55 and 4 others like this.


  •  
    Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Monthly album discussion?
      By countrymusicfan15 in forum Carrie Underwood Album Talk
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 03-07-2017, 10:00 AM
    2. Carrie Underwood writing songs for baby Isaiah on new album
      By CarrieUK in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-04-2015, 10:09 AM
    3. Carrie has started writing for 5th album
      By epicamends in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 02-07-2014, 03:11 PM
    4. On Writing & Getting Published
      By Schrodinger in forum Books & Magazines
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-05-2013, 06:07 PM
    5. Replies: 93
      Last Post: 10-17-2012, 07:54 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •