Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: [Sept. 9 ,2018] BBC radio 2 Live in Hyde Park 2018!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    I wondering when Carrie is going to get to do C2C again (It was awesome to see it on ITunes).
    I loved Chaser at C2C Sweden. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-0VmrEB2xE

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood, Manic Street Preachers, Rita Ora and more confirmed for BBC Radio 2 Live In Hyde Park festival | Talent | Music Week

Carrie Underwood added: “I can’t wait to get back to the UK and to share new music. It is one of my favorite places to visit and the audiences have always been so wonderful.”

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I loved Chaser at C2C Sweden. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-0VmrEB2xE
    I wonder who'll play that mando part, now that Jimmy is doing other things?
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    This is absolutely incredible. I have been to Hyde Park and it’s really lovely. It’s a historic place for Carrie to play as well. So happy!!!

i wonder who the headliner is??
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

New Carrie Fan
    She is not the headliner, with something like that I imagine she will do approx a 30 minute set a bit like Taylor Swift did at the Radio 1 Big Weekend a few weeks ago.

I'm gutted I fly home from holiday that day and don't land until about midday into London and I can imagine as Carrie is one of the lesser known artists she will probably be one of the first ones on so I’ll miss her.

I’m hoping she will (similar to what Little Big Town did when I saw them last October) announce that she is headlining C2C next year as the new album etc will be out by then. Fingers crossed!
    rainbow1, Suellen and txacar like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So sad I can’t see Carrie. I hope for another chance soon. It’s great she’s heading back here for some promo. Hoping for a UK tour next year.

BBC - Kylie Minogue to headline BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park - Media Centre

BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park will be broadcast on Radio 2 from 1-9.30pm. Fans will also be able to watch all the action live on the BBC Red Button TV channel, BBC iPlayer and via the Radio 2 website. They can also catch up on all their favourite artists again for 30 days on BBC iPlayer.

Jeff Smith, Head of Music for Radio 2, says: "Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park is one of the highlights in our musical calendar. Each year we aim to give the audience a very special show which reflects the diversity and range of the music we play on Radio 2. This year we go from one of country music’s most popular artists, Carrie Underwood through to a unique set of disco hits performed by an award winning folk stars ‘supergroup’, The Band of Love. There’ll be the legendary rock of Lenny Kravitz, cool pop from All Saints, contemporary hit maker Rita Ora and one of the UK’s finest bands, Manic Street Preachers and I can’t wait to welcome one of Radio 2 listeners best loved artists to Hyde Park - Kylie Minogue."
    liz278, rainbow1 and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I wonder who'll play that mando part, now that Jimmy is doing other things?
    Good question. I thought about that last night while watching CB performance from the 2017 CMT awards. Has Jimmy been replaced, or was the new guitar player Shawn's replacement?
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Good question. I thought about that last night while watching CB performance from the 2017 CMT awards. Has Jimmy been replaced, or was the new guitar player Shawn's replacement?
    I think probably the latter. Matt Reviere seems to be primarily a guitarist - and, although acoustic guitarists can often play mandolin, Matt's instrument demonstration video suggested electric guitars are his main speciality. (He was with Scotty McCreery, 2011-13, and the Band Perry 2013 till recently. Going by the internet, some of McCreery's fans seem to have resented the Band Perry disrupting a band that was becoming established - but there's unlikely to be a similar issue with this move, as the Perrys seem to have entered a lengthy period of restructuring, in search of a new image and sound)

At Carrie's fan club concert, there were apparently two new introductions - but I haven't yet caught up with the second name. I'd guess that it may be the second musician who takes on the more acoustic string parts. Although Carrie's performances seldom seem to get as much instrumental attention from either fans or detractors (something that can lead to a superficial stereotyping of her, on both sides, as a particular type of artist), her use of instrumental accompaniment, in many songs, is actually a key aspect of her approach to the genre.

The UK performance will be widely available, in both streaming and catch-up - but it isn't clear whether she'll bring her whole band for one event. In the past she has sometimes filled out the speciality instrumentation with good local musicians.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ the new fiddle player is Jordan Lawson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Thanks. Wonder if he is the same Jordan Lawson who was with The Railers. If so, he's a good mandolin player, too.
    Farawayhills and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks. Wonder if he is the same Jordan Lawson who was with The Railers. If so, he's a good mandolin player, too.
    same guy
    heres his instagram https://www.instagram.com/jordancolelawson/
    txacar, rainbow1 and DaisyTweets like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Thanks, Donna!

He does also play mandolin

This is a picture:
    http://cedarstonemusic.com/wp-conten...1/JLHeaded.jpg

According to his resumé, at Cedarstone School of Music (Hendersonville) where he also teaches, he has appeared with Josh Turner, Sara Evans, The Railers, Hunter Hayes, Dan & Shay, Carly Pearce, Bret Eldredge, Carrie Underwood, Corey Smith, Orla Fallon, Dwight Yoakam - I look forward to hearing his contributions to the band.
    txacar, rainbow1 and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    So excited that Kylie Minigue And Rita Ora joined the bill with Carrie and Lenny Kravitz fir the UK Hyde Park show! Really cool lineup for Carrie to be part of!!
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C13X View Post
    She is not the headliner, with something like that I imagine she will do approx a 30 minute set a bit like Taylor Swift did at the Radio 1 Big Weekend a few weeks ago.

I'm gutted I fly home from holiday that day and don't land until about midday into London and I can imagine as Carrie is one of the lesser known artists she will probably be one of the first ones on so I’ll miss her.

I’m hoping she will (similar to what Little Big Town did when I saw them last October) announce that she is headlining C2C next year as the new album etc will be out by then. Fingers crossed!
    I hope you make it in time! (I wouldn't necessarily say that she'd be one of the first on. She's a multi-Grammy winner, who's headlined other London shows, and would be considered an important overseas guest signing. And the BBC, who organize this event have made CP a week's top pick for their playlist. Some of the DJ/presenters definitely root for her!)
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I’m hoping Carrie announces a UK tour when Cry Pretty drops. I really want to see her play live again. Excited she’s coming back over and playing a multi-genre show. It’s great exposure for her. She deserves it. ❤️

Nice article: https://buildingourownnashville.com/...k-on-sale-now/
    DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's on at 4:55 local time for 55 minutes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000b52
    DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I hope someone will be getting it for us.

Concert Stars
    So excited for this show! My ticket arrived on Monday!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    BBC Radio 2
    @BBCRadio2
    ·
    4h
    Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park update

Unfortunately
    @carrieunderwood
    is unable to join us this Sunday due to illness. We wish her well and look forward to welcoming her to Radio 2 in the future.

@realkenbruce
    will announce an new addition to our lineup tomorrow after 9.30am.
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^I'm so sorry, Louisa. I know how much you and the others were looking forward to seeing Carrie. I pray she will heal quickly and can work you guys in soon.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast