Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree641Likes

Thread: [Sep 4 2016] Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I got most of my whining and complaining out on Twitter and in direct messages with Tee and Donna this weekend. I am by no means mad at Carrie, but I am certainly disappointed. I get that to some that don't get to see every tour or don't get to see her live at all, we probably seem a bit ungrateful. However, for those of us that have been able to see every tour and some tours more than once, we like to hear the new music the most. As much as I love Wasted and am glad it still made the set list, I wouldn't be overly disappointed if it was cut for something else because I am more interested in hearing new music. Other than SITW (which this is the first tour for that anyway), Carrie could pretty much take out ANY song from a prior album and replace it with a song from ST and I would be thrilled. The only song change I am happy about is that she changed up the group number with the boys. I love Alabama and while I also like FITD, I'm just glad to get to see them showcase something different.

If Carrie was going to take out IWALY, I would rather have seen her replace it with another classic country song or a song from Storyteller (preferably Chaser, Relapse, or TGYTIA). IKYW is incredible live, but for a non-single, it has managed to survive quite a few tours. Danielle posted/tweeted that Carrie added it because it was hoped for as a single (I'm not sure if she meant that she, Carrie, wanted it as a single or Carrie thinks we fans wanted it). I guess Chaser is the IKYW of Storyteller, because I would love for Chaser to be a single and not just overseas. I just can't get over the fact that I won't get to hear it live on tour and she doesn't perform at the fan club parties anymore, so we won't get to hear it there either. Our only hope is that it is resurrected for a tour down the road when maybe Carrie realizes how much some of us love it.

For me, I would take out UI and/or Wasted, LTG, and IKYW - then she could add Chaser, Relapse AND Mexico. What a show that would be and she could still keep her beloved CDS. Mexico instead of UI (since Wasted showcases Jimmy and Sydni's fiddle playing), Chaser instead of LTG (or CDS) and Relapse instead of IKYW. She could still use TGYTIA, LINLYA, and maybe CDS for the instrumental breaks, or even LGDGUTF.

Anyway, I am ecstatic that she added the drums to CB and I can't wait to see that in Cincy. I look forward to being able to focus on the show this time and not live tweeting like I did in February.

Concert Stars

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    bluetb4 likes this.

•  
    Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718