Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: [Sep 26 2016] Roanoke, VA - Berglund Center

Carrie Guru

[Sep 26 2016] Roanoke, VA - Berglund Center

Start time: 7:00 pm
    Opening act: Swon Brothers, Easton Corbin
    Tickets are $78.00/$48.00
    Parking is $5.00!!!!! What an awesome venue for fans. lol.

Carrie Underwood | The Berglund Center, VA - Official Website

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Berglund Center ‏@BerglundCtr 3h3 hours ago Berglund Center Retweeted Carrie Underwood
    Holy cow this show looks amazing! 11 days until it's here! #TheStorytellerTour @carrieunderwood

Carrie UnderwoodVerified account‏@carrieunderwood Sep 13
    Bakersfield was tonight! Thanks for being amazing!!! #TheStorytellerTour #pyro : @JeffJohnsonFilmpic.twitter.com/64mLu9XkCA

Kizmet311 and txacar like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood brings 'Storyteller' tour to Roanoke - Roanoke Times: Music

Roanoke has seen Carrie Underwood rise high. Next time she comes to Berglund Coliseum, though, she’ll keep her feet close to the ground.

In a 2010 show here, the high-heeled singer rode a pickup truck bed, suspended from the arena ceiling to pull her across the room. Three years later, she and some band members rode a “flying” stage shaped like hot air balloons.

No air time is planned when Underwood brings her act back to Berglund on Monday. This time out, she’ll be on an “in the round” stage, looking to project 360 degrees, instead of peering downward.

“There’s still some really cool moments, and our stage can do some pretty spectacular things,” Underwood said in a phone call last week. “But there’s no flying this time.”

It must be some show, for Underwood received an Entertainer of the Year nomination for the CMA Awards, set for broadcast Nov. 2 on ABC. Her latest album, “Storyteller,” is nominated for Album of the Year at the 50th annual awards presentation. Other nominations are for Female Vocalist of the Year and Musical Event of the Year (for Keith Urban’s “Fighter,” featuring Underwood).

Oh, and she’ll be hosting the ceremony for the ninth time, along with another country music superstar, Brad Paisley. The two have already received the CMA’s Chairman Award this year, in honor of their hosting work.

Otherwise, Underwood hasn’t taken a CMA trophy since the first year she hosted, when she won three. Is it weird to win an award at a show one is hosting?

“I won’t think it’s weird,” she said. “I’ll think it’s awesome if it happens.”

Where the stage show is concerned, Underwood isn’t trying to top previous tours. Instead, it’s about making the concert “feel different” from the last time she played a venue. She said that she and her crew started about six months before the tour began, brainstorming the look and feel.

She conquered a fear of heights in the past, by rising above audiences in the pickup truck and the balloon sets. Her present setup carries another kind of intimidation, she said. The audience is all around her, and she was worried about projecting herself to everyone.

“If you’re going to be in the round, you’ve gotta make sure you’re owning it, you know,” she said. Months after beginning the tour, though, “It just feels good. I don’t know, to be honest, if I can go back” to typical stage setups.

“Storyteller,” the fifth album in her 11-year recording career, got the usual reception, debuting at No. 1 on both Billboard magazine’s all-genres chart and country chart. It included No. 1 country single “Heartbeat,” which Underwood co-wrote, and No. 1 country radio airplay single “Church Bells,” from another writing team.

“I definitely kind of put my own songs in the pile with all the songs,” she said of selecting material. “In the end, I want the best album possible. So if that’s an album full of just my co-writes, that’s awesome. If I don’t get any, that’s fine, too.”

Either way, it requires a lot of listening. This time out, she had company — her baby son, Isaiah Fisher.

“When Isaiah was really little and I was getting up in the middle of the night and feeding him, that was my listening-to-demo time,” she said. “I listened to many a song at 11 [p.m.] and 2 [a.m.].

“I think he liked it, too.”

These days, Isaiah is headed for the terrible 2s, and logging a lot of road miles on tour.

“So far, so good,” Underwood said of balancing motherhood and touring. “We’re just always trying to figure it all out as we go along, because there’s no rule books or guides on this strange life we live. But he’s such an easy baby. It’s like ‘take your kid to work day’ every day for me.”

That’s a perk of her life. She can bring the family on the bus.

“I do feel bad, though,” she said. “Sometimes I sit around and I think, I hope he enjoys his life, because it’s not your typical baby’s life. We try to take him to parks and aquariums and zoos and things like that when we can.”

The kid will grow up in a world without TV talent show “American Idol,” which put Underwood on the pop culture map in the first place. It ended this year, after 15 seasons.

“I definitely feel like I get it, why it ended,” she said. “There are now so many talent shows on TV. Fifteen years is a long time for any show to last on TV. They should be proud of that and the careers they’ve created and the people they’ve inspired along the way. It was definitely bittersweet.”

Underwood won season four, in May 2005. Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are the only winners to have had truly sustained success. She said she had no formula to get here.

“I still sit back and think, ‘How did I win that? How did that many people vote for me week after week?’” she said. “It isn’t a given that somebody’s going to come off the show and just magically be a star. I got lucky. I don’t know how I get to do what I do. I think it all somehow just worked out. I guess if there were an answer, then everybody would know it, you know.”
    txacar, nccountrygal and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^Very nice Preview from the lovely city where I was born. Look forward to the review.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Margaret Blankenship ‏@ann_blanken Sep 20 Just won tickets for the @carrie underwood, @easton corbin, & @swon brothers concert coming up in Roanoke, VA!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Shannon Hott➳♫ ‏@ShanHott27 Sep 18 Hey @carrieunderwood, @Fisherwood_1212 and I are flower bombing you next Monday in Roanoke!

Katie ‏@Fisherwood_1212 Apr 12 AHHH SEE YOU IN ROANOKE ON SEPTEMBER 26th!!!! 168 days but who is counting? @carrieunderwood

MeganHope ‏@omegan95 Apr 10 So psyched to see @carrieunderwood in Roanoke

Alisa Bidwell ‏@AlisaBidwell Apr 8 @carrieunderwood Will be there in September when you're in Roanoke! #TheStorytellerTour

Brady Guertin ‏@BradyG23 Apr 8 So excited my first concert is gonna be @carrieunderwood 's at the berglund center in Roanoke this September @ColleenMuprhy

Shannon Hott➳♫ ‏@ShanHott27 Apr 4 Just bought pitt tickets to see @carrieunderwood in Roanoke 9-26 and Charlottsville 10-22 Can't wait!

Katie ‏@Fisherwood_1212 Apr 4 How to make a Monday better: buy @carrieunderwood tickets. SEE YOU IN CHARLOTTE AND SOON TO BE ROANOKE #thestorytellertour

Roanoke NewsChannel ‏@Roanoke_NC Mar 31 Carrie Underwood will perform in Roanoke - WDBJ7: WDBJ7Carrie Underwood will perform in RoanokeWDBJ7The singer... http://bit.ly/1ZNXBWE

Erica Musyt ‏@ericamusyt Mar 31
    @carrieunderwood is coming to the Berglund Center in #Roanoke!!! I'm totally going again coz the show is that good!!! #TheStorytellerTour

WDBJ7 Verified account ‏@WDBJ7 Mar 31 Carrie Underwood will perform in #Roanoke: http://bit.ly/1qlm9uf?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_WDBJ7 …

Berglund Center ‏@BerglundCtr 14h14 hours ago Berglund Center Retweeted Carrie Underwood
    Next stop: #Roanoke! Monday @ @BerglundCtr. Show at 7p, Plaza Pre-Party at 5p! Doors 6p, parking 5pm #TheStorytellerTour

Berglund Center added,
    0:44

Carrie Underwood @carrieunderwood
    Thank you, Nashville, TN! #TheStorytellerTour

0 retweets 3 likes

Holly Caitlin Farris ‏@holly_caitlin 13h13 hours ago anyone wanna see Carrie Underwood tomorrow in Roanoke?

StaciaLynBall ‏@StaciaLyn3 7h7 hours ago
    Getting PUMPED for tomorrow night!!!! @carrieunderwood In Roanoke.... I'll be in the pit next to stage!! #MothersDay present

txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    1079 WYYD at Berglund Center.

1 min ·

Can't make it to the Carrie Underwood concert? New Country 107.9 YYD will bring you to it LIVE at Berglund Center! The Swon Brothers are on stage now! Stay with us!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast