Thread: [Sep 29 2016] Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena

Carrie Guru

[Sep 29 2016] Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena

Start time: 7:00 pm
    Opening act: Swon Brothers, Easton Corbin
    Tickets are $79.50/$49.50

Verizon Wireless Arena: Event Details

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    VerizonWirelessArena ‏@VWArenaNH 1h1 hour ago Manchester, NH #Flashback We are throwing it back to '12 when @carrieunderwood was at the @VWArenaNH last! She'll be back here 9/29pic.twitter.com/HTQeQwxtfd

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood brings Storyteller Tour to Manchester’s SNHU Arena

Carrie Underwood is headed back to New Hampshire this month, bringing plenty of stories with her — and looking to write the next chapter in her multiplatinum career.

Underwood brings her acclaimed “The Storyteller Tour: Stories in the Round” to Manchester’s SNHU Arena, formerly the Verizon Wireless Arena, on Thursday, Sept. 29. Opening acts are country up-and-comers Easton Corbin and The Swon Brothers. Tickets are still available for $79.50 and $49.50.

The seven-time Grammy winner launched this in-the-round tour in January with a massive stage that spans the length of most arena floors.

“I always love being on the road performing for my fans, but something about this tour feels more magnetic than ever,” said Underwood. “Having a 360-degree view of the audience gives me the opportunity to connect with more fans and feed off their energy.”

Different from a normal stage setup, Underwood’s “Storyteller” tour features a large, circular stage in the center of the arena connected to two smaller satellite stages, with three oversized rings of LCD screens hanging above.

The Oklahoma native recently kicked off the second leg of her tour, and says she is enjoying the in-the-round format.

“We thought about the name of the tour and the name of my album ‘Storyteller,’ so this style seemed to fit,” said Underwood. “When you think about someone telling stories, you think of a lot of people sitting around you. It was intimidating at first, but after the first night I came off saying, ‘This is incredible.’ I like seeing everyone at my shows, and this is a good way to do that.”

Underwood said she has changed the set list a bit on this second half of the tour, along with some of the stage design, and of course, her wardrobe.

“I wanted to change things up with the outfits,” said Underwood. “My stylists and I customize everything.”

Underwood is out on the road right now with her 18-month-old son Isaiah, while husband Mike Fisher prepares for his upcoming season with the Nashville Predators.

“I joke that every day is Bring Your Kid to Work Day,” said Underwood. “It’s great having Isaiah here, but there are challenges. We try to make it feel like home. We travel with a washer-dryer, keep things normal.”

Making news

Underwood’s tour recently ranked as 20th in global concert tours in average box office gross per city, according to Pollstar, an industry-trade publication. In its Sept. 2 rankings release Underwood’s average box office gross per city was $769,695. She joins Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton and Keith Urban as nominees for the 2016 Country Music Association entertainer of the year. The awards show, in its 50th year, will air live Nov. 2 on ABC from Nashville.

She received the news of her CMA nominations while in Alaska on the “Storytellers Tour.”

“I was still sleeping when they came out,” said Underwood. Due to the time difference between Alaska and Nashville, she woke up to her phone going haywire with congratulatory messages.

Underwood was nominated for four awards — female vocalist of the year, musical event of the year with Keith Urban for their song “The Fighter,” album of the year for “Storyteller” and entertainer of the year.

Manchester can expect the set list to include No. 1 hits like “Last Name” and “Something Bad,” “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Blown Away” and “Two Black Cadillacs.”

She said she has no immediate plans for a next project when her tour ends in December with eight shows in Australia.

“I’m looking forward to some time off,” said Underwood.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    UnionLeader.com ‏@UnionLeader 28m28 minutes ago In today's Union Leader: NHWeekend! Country superstar Carrie Underwood shares Storyteller Tour & fall foliage fun pops up in NH!

Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Portsmouth NH News ‏@portsmouthnhnow Sep 22 Carrie Underwood brings Storyteller Tour to Manchester's SNHU Arena: Carrie Underwood is headed back to New… http://m.tbnn.it/MJypky

Danielle Caron △⃒⃘ ‏@danniiellle28 Sep 20 I'm going to @carrieunderwood at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH - Sep 29 http://www.bandsintown.com/event/11774777?artist=Carrie+Underwood&came_from=15 …

Seńora Washko ‏@srawashko Sep 9 Seńora Washko Retweeted Carrie Underwood
    Three weeks until we see @carrieunderwood in Manchester!! @khedge15 @emilyedme @jenEfromthebloq

Seńora Washko added,

Carrie Underwood @carrieunderwood
    What an incredible and LOUD crowd tonight! Wow! #Seattle #TheStorytellerTour : @JeffJohnsonFilm

0 retweets 2 likes

B R I T ⚓️ ‏@britmondor15 Aug 27
    I'm going to @carrieunderwood at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH - Sep 29

Danielle Schwarz ‏@dschwarz08 Aug 16
    How I feel right now knowing I'll be seeing @carrieunderwood and @eastoncorbin in Manchester!!

LocalEventsAuthority ‏@LocalEventsAuth Jul 6 JUST IN! Carrie Underwood: The Storyteller Tour | Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester | Ma… http://bit.ly/29ge2rS

newhampshiredotcom ‏@newhampshirecom Sep 23 Carrie Underwood brings Storyteller Tour to Manchester's SNHU Arena: Carrie Underwood is headed back to New H... http://bit.ly/2cTd3E3

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Curr, mooret and nccountrygal like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    mooret likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    mooret likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    New England Country ‏@NECntryMusic 1h1 hour ago Cambridge, MA Some behind the scenes shots as @CarrieUnderwood loads in her tour in Manchester! (: SNHU Arena)

mooret and nccountrygal like this.

Concert Stars
    mooret likes this.

Concert Stars
    Todd Collins@TCNOLE 1h1 hour ago
    No line at the @carrieunderwood merch table lol... perks of BTS VIP tour #storytellertour

mooret likes this.

Concert Stars
    mooret likes this.

Concert Stars
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Cait@cait_cerra 1h1 hour ago
    Stuck in traffic on the way to see @carrieunderwood!! Too bad we'll miss the meet & greet, but thanks for the tickets @TheBull1017

Concert Stars
    SNHU Arena@SNHUArena_NH 44m44 minutes ago
    .@carrieunderwood had signed the first ever Granite with #SNHUArena engraved in it! Tonight is going to be awesome! #carrieunderwood

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast