Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree720Likes

Thread: [Apr 1 2016] Las Vegas , NV - ACM Party For A Cause

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I don't see Miranda in that picture? Is she going to ACMs?
    she's not appearing at the Party for a Cause concert
    she hasn't been announced as performing on the ACMs but she's in the commercials.Can't imagine she'd skip an awards show
    glenn7, Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Maybe she skip the show because she know she will get the fvoty.. lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Female country acts take center stage at ACM festival | News OK

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Sometimes when Carrie Underwood steps out onto the stage at a country music festival, she might be the sole female artist to perform."You're at a festival and they will talk about potentially having another woman on there and then they are like, 'No, no, we already have one. We can't have two,'" Underwood recalled. "I don't understand that mentality."
    Women have been struggling to get heard on country radio since the bro-country movement took over, but that has also had ramifications for female artists trying to get exposure through major tours or country music festivals. So when the Academy of Country Music asked Underwood to headline the first night of their Party for a Cause festival in Las Vegas ahead of their 51st ACM Awards, she said she'd do it only if she could pick an all-female lineup.
    "Why not just ask women? Why not have a whole night that is just all strong, amazing women kicking butt onstage and entertaining and having fun?" Underwood said.
    +1photos

The Women of Country Night on Friday will include Underwood, Martina McBride, Kelsea Ballerini, Maddie and Tae, Kellie Pickler and Cam on the main stage and more new female artists on a side stage. Across the three-night festival there will be 13 female artists or groups performing out of the total 32 acts.
    Underwood, who has sold out all of her American stops along her current Storyteller tour, has been known for her high energy, exciting concerts such as her 2012 Blown Away tour. But the seven-time Grammy winner said even with her decade of success, she has had to fight for headlining spots alongside the male artists.
    "I have been at places where they wanted me to play before a guy, just because it was a guy," Underwood said. "Someone who hasn't necessarily sold as much or done as much or been around as long. And I am like, 'No!' It has nothing to do with ego. It just makes no sense to me."
    ACM CEO Bob Romeo said the all-female lineup was a perfect fit with the nominations at Sunday's awards show. Cam is up for six awards, including for her Grammy-nominated hit "Burning House"; Ballerini has already won new female vocalist of the year and is also nominated for female vocalist of the year; and Maddie and Tae are also up for vocal duo of the year.
    "It seems like for the first time in a lot of years the women are finally getting some due," he said.
    Many new country music festivals have popped up in recent years leading to a saturation of the market, so a smart promoter would add diversity to draw the largest audience possible, said Gary Bongiovanni, president and editor-in-chief at Pollstar.
    "It would be foolish to put an all-male lineup on if there's a significant demand for female artists and there certainly is," Bongiovanni said. "Why would you have a country music festival and not have Kacey Musgraves or Cam or any of the newer acts coming up?"
    Erick Long, senior vice president of operations and events at ACM, said when Underwood proposed the all-female lineup, he admitted that the idea was highly marketable for the four-year-old festival to stand out among the crowded field of festival options. They are expecting about 22,000 people for this year's festival, an increase from the 14,000 that attended the last time the festival was held in Las Vegas in 2014.
    "When Carrie said that, I was like that sets us apart from other festivals," said Long. "As the festival producer, I think everything on that stage should focus on empowering women and women of country music."
    For Cam, the atmosphere behind the stage at a country music festival is pretty male-dominated. "All the musicians are dudes. All the crew are dudes. All the promoters are dudes," she said. "I feel like there is a comradery among women when you see them in music 'cause there aren't so many."
    Like most new artists, whether male or female, Cam said she had to get a single on the radio before any promoter would consider her for a tour or a festival. But once "Burning House" started making waves at radio, she found that being one of the few successful female country singers made her a hot commodity. She was booked to open for Brad Paisley on his latest tour along with singer-songwriter Eric Paslay.
    "So while I was out with them, I actually got to sing a lot of duets, because they both had duets in their sets with female parts and there's no girls anywhere to be found except for me," said Cam, ever an optimist. "So in that way, I feel like it's good to be the scarcity because I feel like you have a lot more opportunity."
    Underwood said she's hopeful other festivals and tour promoters will take notice.
    "I think it's going to be awesome," she said. "I think the crowd is going to love it and want more nights like that."

YES and I love her more and more every single day!

"I have been at places where they wanted me to play before a guy, just because it was a guy," Underwood said. "Someone who hasn't necessarily sold as much or done as much or been around as long. And I am like, 'No!' It has nothing to do with ego. It just makes no sense to me."

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ me too.She rocks

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    YES and I love her more and more every single day!

Well, this comment certainly proves that Carrie isn't some delicate flower who doesn't stand up for herself! Obviously, if she feels something needs to be said or done differently, she has the guts to do something about it.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

Brooke Mooshagian ‏@brookemoosh 6m6 minutes ago California, USA I'm going to Vegas to see Carrie underwood tomorrow, and I'm seeing her again at the Savemart Center on Tuesday @carrieunderwood

Jimmy Herman ‏@JimmyHerman 2h2 hours ago Playing the ramtrucks stage at the ACM "Party for a Cause" festival tonight in Las Vegas. You're… https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqey48I8nH/

4 retweets 5 likes
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    Has it been confirmed that the Honors special later in the year will replace the usual special that showcases Party for a Cause events? If so, is there a live stream anywhere? Periscope??

Never mind -- just found the answer on Twitter:

Windmills Country@WindmillsMusic 17m17 minutes ago
    Bob Romeo confirms hope was to tape CBS special at Party For A Cause but costs were too high, hence TV ACM Honors http://variety.com/2016/music/awards/51st-acm-awards-a-showcase-for-future-stars-1201741545/
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Dang, that's a disappointment! Hope we get a stream!!
    Ann055 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the Honors special later in the year will replace the usual special that showcases Party for a Cause events? If so, is there a live stream anywhere? Periscope??

Never mind -- just found the answer on Twitter:

Windmills Country@WindmillsMusic 17m17 minutes ago
    Bob Romeo confirms hope was to tape CBS special at Party For A Cause but costs were too high, hence TV ACM Honors http://variety.com/2016/music/awards/51st-acm-awards-a-showcase-for-future-stars-1201741545/
    if it'd been a bunch of guys I bet they'd found the money
    liz278, rainbow1, Ann055 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^You know it!!! Some people never learn that Carrie is a bigger TV draw than all of the men together.
    rainbow1, Ann055 and glenn7 like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    ^You know it!!! Some people never learn that Carrie is a bigger TV draw than all of the men together.
    They are not televising any of the Party For A Cause. And the 2nd and 3rd night is mostly guys. So I don't understand your statement Carrie vs the men. In fact Carrie is one of the lucky ones as she will on TV either way as she is involved with both events.

Megan Frisbie ‏@MJFrizzle 9m9 minutes ago Carrie Underwood's sound check sounds better than concerts I have paid to attend.
    rainbow1 likes this.

rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

meg ‏@meganradford_ 7m7 minutes ago Carrie Underwood tonight

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    They are not televising any of the Party For A Cause. And the 2nd and 3rd night is mostly guys. So I don't understand your statement Carrie vs the men. In fact Carrie is one of the lucky ones as she will on TV either way as she is involved with both events.
    CBS said costs were too high to televise it. Audience was low. Carrie hasn't been on for the last few years -- mostly men. I was just making the point that sponsors are more likely to pony up because Carrie is a much bigger draw on TV and, hence, more people would see their ads and make it worth their while to sponsor. That's all.
    rainbow1, liz278 and gwade82 like this.

•  
    Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast