Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: [May 24 2016] Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by litchfield93 View Post
    Just got back from the show yesterday. It was amazing, as usual. There have been enough concerts and reviews and nothing different at this show, so I'll save repeating what you already know. I was able to do the backstage tour, so I'll share a couple of tid-bits from that that you may (or may not) find interesting:

-Mike was in Buffalo with her and Isiah.
    -Carrie tends to hang on her bus and spend family time before/after shows.
    -She does her own hair and makeup for the shows (which we knew, but that surprised most everyone on our tour).
    -All the costume changes for the show are done under the stage (obviously). Joan (who handles her wardrobe) and Mina (who does the meet and greets) are below the stage and help her do the quick changes.
    -Rather than use catering at the venue, they travel with their own catering service team. They even bring most of their own equipment. In addition to feeding three meals a day to the 120+ band and crew, they are also responsible for feeding all of the local venue staff working that show. So they do about 300 meals three times a day at each event.
    -The tour uses 18 tractor trailers and has (I think they said) 122 permanent crew.
    -It takes about 6 hours for them to come into an empty stadium and get the stage, lighting, sound system, video system up and running and about 2.5 hours to break it down afterwards.
    -Per Carrie's request, all concerts are fully taped so she can go back and alter things if it's warranted.
    -In addition to the professional video crew whose "work" you see on the big screens, a few other crew members who would otherwise not normally have a task during the show also shoot video from different angles.
    -Vinh is the DJ who plays before she comes on. We got to meet him and he is amazing!!! I think everyone that gets denied the FC meet and greets with CU should get one with Vinh instead, lol.

Overall, if you're like me and are interested in learning how things work, then the tour is pretty interesting. Unfortunately you can't take pics, but it is a sight to behold in person when you see exactly how much stuff they (Carrie's production) has scattered all throughout the entire arena-backstage and the actual stage area. It is pretty amazing how efficiently they can load in and load back out.
    this sounds almost word for word like my review of the backstage tour in San Antonio Texas. He must've had the exact same tour guide with exactly the same verbiage. Only difference is Mike was still in the playoffs when she was in San Antonio! Wasn't it so interesting? I loved it
    glenn7 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    this sounds almost word for word like my review of the backstage tour in San Antonio Texas. He must've had the exact same tour guide with exactly the same verbiage. Only difference is Mike was still in the playoffs when she was in San Antonio! Wasn't it so interesting? I loved it
    This is actually the 2nd time I've done the official tour. The first time was actually much shorter and we didn't get most of this information. Granted we got the tour in the middle of sound check, so for a good part of the tour, the guide couldn't actually tell us anything. This last one though was very interesting. I had a female tour guide-actually the same one as who did my previous one.
    Smokyiiis and teesharky like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I would love to hear a backstage review like this for the Canadian shows, if anyone can do that.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    teesharky, sd20 and mooret like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ wow that video is great! Shows that there was a huge crowd even if not a sellout. Very happy for Carrie and for the Buffalo fans!
    sd20 and mooret like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Great news! It was a sellout of nearly 15,000! Box scores are in the other threaD! So those empty seats must have been extra seats they released later like in Toronto.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    There's lots of concert footage here!

bluetb4, Gator, gna and 2 others like this.

•  
    Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617