Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: [May 28 2016] Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Air Canada Centre

Carrie Guru
    A few other things I forgot to mention. I guess I should have written all my thoughts down before I posted my first review. lol.

Anyway, I know we have always had discussions around whether or not Carrie should choose songs with those big notes but I can tell you that in Toronto, everytime she hit those big notes, people would cheer loudly. I think it's one thing that sets her apart from any current artist out there. I don't recall in her other tours people singing along to so many of her songs, but it's hard to tell if this tour was different because I'm usually up at the front and this time I was in the middle of the arena. I was also surprised how many people were singing along to HB (you guys already know how I feel about that song) lol. I loved how the live video of Carrie was blended with the pre-recorded video for the different songs. I didn't see in the other concert threads the video that was showing while Relapse was being played by the band. Is there a video of that somewhere on YouTube? Btw, the musical interlude of Chaser is really boring but Relapse sounds really good. Unless people knew Carrie's new album they probably had no idea what songs the band was playing every time Carrie went under the stage for a costume change. lol.

Why are there so few videos of the Toronto show??????

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Late to the party but I just wanted to say that Carrie was Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! We've all been talking about the confidence in her stage presence but Wow, to see it live, I just can't get over how much she's grown. You guys really need to see a close up video of RR in Toronto, she just oozes confidence. She's improved even from the beginning of the tour. Even her harmonica playing is so much better. She's really got the hang of the talking bits too. She sounds a lot more natural taking to the crowd than she ever has. I should have just bought a floor ticket after all because we ended up standing for her entire set, except for when she went down for a costume change. lol. I couldn't get over the amount of guys at the concert and I'm not talking about guys who have been dragged there by their girlfriends. It's pretty funny watching full grown men singing along to BHC. I tweeted a picture because I know you guys like to see the size of the crowd. Even though you guys have already seen the huge crowd that was there I'm going to post my pic anyway and yeah, that's the last row at the top filled with people. Carrie mentioned that it was the biggest crowd of the tour (yay Toronto!!!).

Attachment 30686
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Opry. I'm so happy you got to go. That's a great photo you got. I agree that Carrie is a more confident performer these days. This tour is incredible. I'm so proud of her.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I can't wait to see Carrie and the Storyteller Tour on Oct 4th. Great way to celebrate our 26th anniversary. Previously, we've celebrated at the OPRY. :-)
    Congrats! Have a wonderful time at the concert. Happy Anniversary! :-)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    bluetb4, Gator and teesharky like this.

•  
    Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718