Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Stacey's Review of Louisville, KY Storyteller Tour

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Stacey's Review of Louisville, KY Storyteller Tour

With all of the wonderful reviews by actual journalists and the live nature of Twitter, I'm not sure how much I have to add to what's already been said, but I just feel like posting about my night in general and sharing a couple comments from my friends that went with me. I shared several photos on Twitter during the concert and my videos have already been uploaded to Youtube, but I will incorporate some of them here as well. First, here is the link to my photo album on Facebook. I set the privacy to Public, so let me know if you can't see it. There are 99 pictures there. It says you don't have to have Facebook to view the album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=effc4fe74b

Just a brief overview of my pre-show activities, first, if you don't mind. Skip this paragraph if you aren't interested, lol. First, we had quite the debacle trying to find somewhere to eat dinner. We planned on being at the Old Spaghetti Factory when they first opened at 5:00 and even though we arrived right before 5:00, there was a line halfway down the block. By the time we got inside the door to the hostess stand, we were told it was an hour wait, which would have put us being seated after 6:00, with the show starting at 7:00. So, we abandoned ship and went to Bluegrass Brewing Company...another hour wait. Then we hit up Bearno's Pizza, which was still a 45 minute wait, but it was 5:30 and doors didn't open until 6:00, so we decided to just deal with it. We ended up not being seated until close to 6:30, BUT there was a radio station broadcasting live from Bearno's and they were giving away Easton Corbin M&Gs, upgraded concert tickets, and had a drawing for pit passes. For the upgraded seats, they were basically asking Carrie trivia and you had to run up and answer the question to win. I am not very good at playing these games and even though I knew the answers, I raised my hand twice and other people just ran up and told him the answer. Finally, I went and literally stood right next to him and I was like, I'm answering the next question, haha. My question was - what is Carrie's husband's name, lol. Obviously I knew the answer and told him and I won a pair of "upgraded" tickets. There were two problems with this - first, there were four of us going to the concert together and second, they were not upgraded, lol. I had section 108, Row H and the tickets were section 109 (one section farther away from center than my tickets) and Row BB, which is at the top of the lower level. So, I gave the tickets back to the DJ and we all entered the drawing for the pit passes, which we didn't win. Totally not Carrie related, but a funny note from dinner - our waiter used to work at Pancake Pantry in Nashville. He said it was the place to go if you wanted to spot celebs. He told us a story about Charlie Pride, then he pretty much said Taylor is witch with a B, lol. He remembers her shaking her water glass at him for a refill, saying "waiter". Apparently he told her he would be with her in just a minute and she asked if he knew who she was and he was like yes, I know and I'll be with you in a minute, lol.

So, in case you skipped that first paragraph, we didn't get into the arena until 7:20-7:30, so we missed the Swon Brothers set entirely. I had to get my merchandise before we sat down and I ended up getting a program and the white women's tshirt that has Carrie's face on the front (the Storyteller Tour promo pic) and the tour cities on the back. I glanced through the program and most of the pictures were the same as the album booklet. I probably wouldn't have dropped the $20 on it if I had realized that. I also loved the red CU hoodie and I wish I had gotten it. Plus, I completely forgot to buy the dog tags to support the Carnival Cruise charity project. Once we got to our seats, I was just amazed at how good they really were. We were two sections over from center stage and Row H, but oddly enough our sections didn't have a Row A or B, so we were really only 6 rows up instead of 8. The only problem we encountered was that the video camera (which was on a HUGE arm) was right in front of our section and I had to play peek-a-boo with it half the night when I was trying to take pictures and video of Carrie. There was another camera on the other side, which would have been right in front of Donna's section, but maybe she was higher up than me and didn't have issues with it. Here is a picture from the view from my seats, without any zoom, taken on an iPhone. We arrived during Easton Corbin's set, so that is his band in the middle of the stage in this picture. You can see the video camera arm in the lower left of the picture.

There are a few more pictures of Easton in my Facebook album. His set was good, nothing to write home about. He worked the stage well and he's cute. He can sing well enough and his songs are catchy, but he has never been a favorite of mine so I just don't have much to say about his performance.

Next, the main act - Carrie Underwood! The stage setup was just incredible and it really did give most fans an amazing view the whole time. I got lucky and Carrie was facing my direction for the opening number and I decided to record the whole thing. It's already been posted in the Louisville thread, but here it is again. The circular screens were really cool and I love how the band was arranged. We got the same outfits as the first night, so I guess that means Carrie has four sets of outfits for this tour. The opening was wonderful and I have said for a while that I thought she would open with RR. It's just perfect as the opening number. Here is my video from YouTube. Sorry for the quality. I didn't figure out how to make the phone focus until later and I didn't realize I should have filmed horizontally so there wouldn't be black space on either side. I did buy a clip-on lens for my iPhone, but my pictures and videos aren't nearly as good as Donna's.

https://youtu.be/cN4eKw3Herc

Here are two of my favorite pictures from the opening act, which was just full of energy. She really got the crowd pumped up with that first set of songs. Just amazing.

Honestly, I would have to look at someone else's set list to even remember the order of the songs and which act they were in. The concert went by in such a blur. All I know is that Carrie looked and sounded incredible and the whole night went by way too fast. I don't know if it's because I was trying to take pictures and video or what, but I felt like I blinked and an "act" was over. It felt like an hour instead of almost two, lol. I had to go look it up, but she ended the first set with my favorite from Storyteller - Church Bells. There weren't as many frills for this song, but there were spotlights all around the stage that lit beams straight up and it looked cool. Plus, I just love this song. I am so happy I got to hear it live.

Of course, the second act opened with Cowboy Casanova and I just loved her entrance on top of the jukebox. I also loved the pyro on this song! Here are a few pics from that song.

The fringe in this one makes me think of Black Swan and it looks like Carrie's arm is the wing of a bird, lol.

She also sang HB, JTTW, and Wasted in this outfit. She came on my end of the stage for Wasted.

Hello video camera.

Blown Away was amazing to start the next set, but trying to get pictures of Carrie with the fabric blowing was a b!tch, lol. Here are a couple of my best attempts, because I really wanted a pic of this effect. This song still sounds so amazing live and the crowd loved it.

Before the fabric started blowing:

Post-fabric blowing, lol:

Here is another picture from the third act, although I can't remember if it was from TBC or DL. Probably TBC. Gotta love Carrie and her hand gestures, lol. The final song of this act was CCA, which was by far my favorite performance of the night. The way Carrie got down while playing the harmonica - she was so sexy, lol! The crowd loved it too. My video of CCA after the pictures.

https://youtu.be/-dmextOK_qA

Act 4 started off with I Will Always Love You. The acapella start to the song was just beautiful and I loved hearing Carrie talk about Dolly. I started to record it and then quit because I didn't think she was going to turn around. Silly me. So I have a little of the talking and the first part of the song on video, but I haven't uploaded it anywhere. I know Donna got video of it, though. My friends were complaining about some guy sitting behind us that took Carrie literally when she said to sing along and said he was belting it along with her, lol. I think that by Act 4 my friends pretty much sat down most of the rest of the concert, but I stayed standing up and I couldn't hear anything but Carrie singing, lol.

Pictures from IWALY:

That brings us to the song that was my least favorite when Storyteller was released. The song that didn't live up to my high expectations of what I wanted for "Isaiah's" song. I have grown to like it and don't skip it when I listen to the album, but there is something so special and intimate about Carrie sitting on that piano, looking at pictures of Mike and Isaiah that just grabs your heart. It was the most beautiful moment in the concert and I spent most of it watching the slideshow. I tried to sing along, but my throat was so choked up I couldn't. Such a sweet moment. Bonus - the piano was on my end of the stage!

At this point, I felt like I had missed half of the concert trying to get pictures and videos and I was posting the pictures to Twitter during the concert, but I still couldn't resist taking a few more. I thought Fishin' in the Dark was a great, fun moment in the concert. I liked that Carrie started it off by herself, then brought out Easton and brought out the Swon Brothers last. I was glad I got to see the Swon Brothers, if only for a moment, lol. It's such a fun, classic country song and the crowd loved it.

Clock Don't Stop sounded pretty, but Carrie stayed put in the center stage for this one. The graphics on the circular screens were cool, but even though she sounded beautiful, I have to agree with Donna that Chaser or Relapse would have been much better with the crowd. Act 4 seemed to be the biggest mixed bag of songs and during CDS and LTG, I felt like the crowd was the least energetic. I think those songs need to be replaced the second leg.

Clock Don't Stop

Before He Cheats is always a crowd pleasing sing-a-long and this is where I got the picture that people seem to like the best of all my shots. This is when Carrie was letting the crowd sing to BHC and just reveling in the moment.

Smoke Break was the first song in the encore and I think the crowd enjoyed it. I kind of hope her third single blows up and that she can replace Smoke Break with the third single for the encore. Then Smoke Break can take the place of the third single in the regular set. Carrie faced the other direction for most of this song, so I couldn't get any really great pictures of her playing guitar.

Smoke Break

The finale was the song I have wanted to hear live for so long! SITW is just beautiful and the blue lights she used were amazing. I think this song is the perfect encore and it's just so "Carrie". I was having a horrible time getting pictures on this one, plus I wanted to try to just enjoy the song.

Final shot of the stage and a tiny Carrie. I can't remember if this is at the end of SITW or when she was taking her bows and thanking the crowd. I think it was the latter.

Overall impression of the concert from my friends was that it was an amazing show. One friend said she thought it was the best she had ever seen Carrie (she attended CR, PO, and BA tours with me). Another friend thought the light show was amazing - one of the best she has ever seen and said it was on par with when she saw Justin Timberlake, she commented more than once about the lighting and screens. Her only complaint was that she wished Carrie had sang the whole Storyteller album. She isn't much of a country fan, but I was happy to hear her say that she really likes this album and she wanted to hear the whole thing. Her favorite is Relapse and she and I both sang the chorus to Relapse when they played the musical interlude for it, lol. She was like, what a mean teaser, lol. They were prepared for her to not sing Chaser and Relapse, though. I told them about it after night one of the tour. They all asked, what does she sing then, lol? I do think 8 songs off the new album is a good number, especially when trying to fit in all of the old hits. I think Carrie did a mostly good job planning the set list, but I also think a couple songs could be switched out for new songs on the next leg and it would be even better. I think LTG should go for sure.

For me, the show was just so amazing and I want so badly to see it again. I hope she comes close enough on the second leg that I can go (Rupp Arena, please!) and that I have the extra money to buy myself a ticket when they go on sale. The evening was just amazing and this tour just proves that Carrie Underwood IS the Entertainer of the Year, no matter what the CMA/ACM block voting says. It also proves she would do a kickass Super Bowl halftime show all by herself without any supporting acts unless she just wanted them.

Finally, Donna, I am really sorry I didn't get the chance to text you and try to get together. I was so frustrated by how late we got to the concert and since we arrived during Easton's set, I just wanted to get my merchandise, go to the ladies room, and head to my seat. After that, I kind of just didn't want to move after the ordeal of the evening, lol. I hope you had a blast and your pictures and videos were amazing! Did the video camera arm block your view at all or were you high enough that it didn't bother you?
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 02-08-2016 at 11:32 AM.
    Hil, Farawayhills, liz278 and 11 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Ok, it looks like my video links didn't imbed the video. I will try to fix that later, but they are in the Louisville thread if anyone wants to see them right now.
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 02-08-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Carrie Guru
    Thank you so much for the Review and beautiful pictures . Wow !

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well, I tried to fix the video codes on YouTube. I don't get it - I added them on the Louisville thread, but I can't get them work in my post.

Also, if anyone tries to look at my Facebook album, let me know if it lets you in.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    One last thing to note on my videos - I noticed when you go to YouTube, it automatically adjusts the quality of the video to 360p. If you click the little gear icon (settings), you can change it to 1080p for viewing. I think this does help the quality of the video. Also, when I search YouTube, my videos don't show up in the search results. I have to go to my channel to get to them. I set them to Public, so can anyone tell if they show up for you when you search Renegade Runaway Louisville?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Great photos and review. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. :-)
    Kizmet311, rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

Concert Stars
    Great review - thank you! Also, thanks again for your tweets during the show. Very much appreciated the tweets, pics, videos and review! Glad you had an amazing night!
    rainbow1, Kizmet311 and glenn7 like this.

Concert Stars
    Truly enjoyed reading your review and blog post of your concert experience Stacey! Thanks for letting us share in your adventure!
    bluetb4, Gator, Kizmet311 and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Truly enjoyed reading your review and blog post of your concert experience Stacey! Thanks for letting us share in your adventure!
    Ditto Stacey. Great vid of Carrie in red dress singing CCA in this review at Lou. Carrie Underwood Shines on Louisville Tour Stop - News - Nash Country Weekly Tks to d. for the find.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks Stacey for your review, videos and photos of the concert. I was happy you included what your friends thought since they are casual fans. surprise to hear LTG does not play well and should be replace in your opinion. The video for that I have enjoyed. Although they will re eval CDS in their little break between shows. So glad you had fun.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thank you Stacy for your review and pictures, enjoyed reading it.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Thanks Stacey for your review, videos and photos of the concert. I was happy you included what your friends thought since they are casual fans. surprise to hear LTG does not play well and should be replace in your opinion. The video for that I have enjoyed. Although they will re eval CDS in their little break between shows. So glad you had fun.
    I think LTG will forever be in the shadow of SITW. It's a great song, but even after it was released, I think people were still loving SITW. It's hard to follow up such a strong song and I think the casual fans are probably much less familiar with LTG than we are. I don't know what it was about Act 4, but my friends pretty much sat down after CCA and never got back up. I'm not even sure they stood up for BHC. I had to tell them to stand up for SITW, because it was the last song and they all looked surprised that it was the end of the concert. It's almost like they expected a more upbeat/uptempo song to be the final in the encore. I do think SITW belongs in the encore, but I think she needs an uptempo, rocking song to go with it. I know Smoke Break is in the encore because it was the first single from Storyteller and she needs a Storyteller song in the encore, but I think Dirty Laundry should be moved to the encore with SITW after it's released as a single.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    With all of the wonderful reviews by actual journalists and the live nature of Twitter, I'm not sure how much I have to add to what's already been said, but I just feel like posting about my night in general and sharing a couple comments from my friends that went with me. I shared several photos on Twitter during the concert and my videos have already been uploaded to Youtube, but I will incorporate some of them here as well. First, here is the link to my photo album on Facebook. I set the privacy to Public, so let me know if you can't see it. There are 99 pictures there. It says you don't have to have Facebook to view the album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=effc4fe74b

Just a brief overview of my pre-show activities, first, if you don't mind. Skip this paragraph if you aren't interested, lol. First, we had quite the debacle trying to find somewhere to eat dinner. We planned on being at the Old Spaghetti Factory when they first opened at 5:00 and even though we arrived right before 5:00, there was a line halfway down the block. By the time we got inside the door to the hostess stand, we were told it was an hour wait, which would have put us being seated after 6:00, with the show starting at 7:00. So, we abandoned ship and went to Bluegrass Brewing Company...another hour wait. Then we hit up Bearno's Pizza, which was still a 45 minute wait, but it was 5:30 and doors didn't open until 6:00, so we decided to just deal with it. We ended up not being seated until close to 6:30, BUT there was a radio station broadcasting live from Bearno's and they were giving away Easton Corbin M&Gs, upgraded concert tickets, and had a drawing for pit passes. For the upgraded seats, they were basically asking Carrie trivia and you had to run up and answer the question to win. I am not very good at playing these games and even though I knew the answers, I raised my hand twice and other people just ran up and told him the answer. Finally, I went and literally stood right next to him and I was like, I'm answering the next question, haha. My question was - what is Carrie's husband's name, lol. Obviously I knew the answer and told him and I won a pair of "upgraded" tickets. There were two problems with this - first, there were four of us going to the concert together and second, they were not upgraded, lol. I had section 108, Row H and the tickets were section 109 (one section farther away from center than my tickets) and Row BB, which is at the top of the lower level. So, I gave the tickets back to the DJ and we all entered the drawing for the pit passes, which we didn't win. Totally not Carrie related, but a funny note from dinner - our waiter used to work at Pancake Pantry in Nashville. He said it was the place to go if you wanted to spot celebs. He told us a story about Charlie Pride, then he pretty much said Taylor is witch with a B, lol. He remembers her shaking her water glass at him for a refill, saying "waiter". Apparently he told her he would be with her in just a minute and she asked if he knew who she was and he was like yes, I know and I'll be with you in a minute, lol.

So, in case you skipped that first paragraph, we didn't get into the arena until 7:20-7:30, so we missed the Swon Brothers set entirely. I had to get my merchandise before we sat down and I ended up getting a program and the white women's tshirt that has Carrie's face on the front (the Storyteller Tour promo pic) and the tour cities on the back. I glanced through the program and most of the pictures were the same as the album booklet. I probably wouldn't have dropped the $20 on it if I had realized that. I also loved the red CU hoodie and I wish I had gotten it. Plus, I completely forgot to buy the dog tags to support the Carnival Cruise charity project. Once we got to our seats, I was just amazed at how good they really were. We were two sections over from center stage and Row H, but oddly enough our sections didn't have a Row A or B, so we were really only 6 rows up instead of 8. The only problem we encountered was that the video camera (which was on a HUGE arm) was right in front of our section and I had to play peek-a-boo with it half the night when I was trying to take pictures and video of Carrie. There was another camera on the other side, which would have been right in front of Donna's section, but maybe she was higher up than me and didn't have issues with it. Here is a picture from the view from my seats, without any zoom, taken on an iPhone. We arrived during Easton Corbin's set, so that is his band in the middle of the stage in this picture. You can see the video camera arm in the lower left of the picture.

There are a few more pictures of Easton in my Facebook album. His set was good, nothing to write home about. He worked the stage well and he's cute. He can sing well enough and his songs are catchy, but he has never been a favorite of mine so I just don't have much to say about his performance.

Next, the main act - Carrie Underwood! The stage setup was just incredible and it really did give most fans an amazing view the whole time. I got lucky and Carrie was facing my direction for the opening number and I decided to record the whole thing. It's already been posted in the Louisville thread, but here it is again. The circular screens were really cool and I love how the band was arranged. We got the same outfits as the first night, so I guess that means Carrie has four sets of outfits for this tour. The opening was wonderful and I have said for a while that I thought she would open with RR. It's just perfect as the opening number. Here is my video from YouTube. Sorry for the quality. I didn't figure out how to make the phone focus until later and I didn't realize I should have filmed horizontally so there wouldn't be black space on either side. I did buy a clip-on lens for my iPhone, but my pictures and videos aren't nearly as good as Donna's.

https://youtu.be/cN4eKw3Herc

Here are two of my favorite pictures from the opening act, which was just full of energy. She really got the crowd pumped up with that first set of songs. Just amazing.

Honestly, I would have to look at someone else's set list to even remember the order of the songs and which act they were in. The concert went by in such a blur. All I know is that Carrie looked and sounded incredible and the whole night went by way too fast. I don't know if it's because I was trying to take pictures and video or what, but I felt like I blinked and an "act" was over. It felt like an hour instead of almost two, lol. I had to go look it up, but she ended the first set with my favorite from Storyteller - Church Bells. There weren't as many frills for this song, but there were spotlights all around the stage that lit beams straight up and it looked cool. Plus, I just love this song. I am so happy I got to hear it live.

Of course, the second act opened with Cowboy Casanova and I just loved her entrance on top of the jukebox. I also loved the pyro on this song! Here are a few pics from that song.

The fringe in this one makes me think of Black Swan and it looks like Carrie's arm is the wing of a bird, lol.

She also sang HB, JTTW, and Wasted in this outfit. She came on my end of the stage for Wasted.

Hello video camera.

Blown Away was amazing to start the next set, but trying to get pictures of Carrie with the fabric blowing was a b!tch, lol. Here are a couple of my best attempts, because I really wanted a pic of this effect. This song still sounds so amazing live and the crowd loved it.

Before the fabric started blowing:

Post-fabric blowing, lol:

Here is another picture from the third act, although I can't remember if it was from TBC or DL. Probably TBC. Gotta love Carrie and her hand gestures, lol. The final song of this act was CCA, which was by far my favorite performance of the night. The way Carrie got down while playing the harmonica - she was so sexy, lol! The crowd loved it too. My video of CCA after the pictures.

https://youtu.be/-dmextOK_qA

Act 4 started off with I Will Always Love You. The acapella start to the song was just beautiful and I loved hearing Carrie talk about Dolly. I started to record it and then quit because I didn't think she was going to turn around. Silly me. So I have a little of the talking and the first part of the song on video, but I haven't uploaded it anywhere. I know Donna got video of it, though. My friends were complaining about some guy sitting behind us that took Carrie literally when she said to sing along and said he was belting it along with her, lol. I think that by Act 4 my friends pretty much sat down most of the rest of the concert, but I stayed standing up and I couldn't hear anything but Carrie singing, lol.

Pictures from IWALY:

That brings us to the song that was my least favorite when Storyteller was released. The song that didn't live up to my high expectations of what I wanted for "Isaiah's" song. I have grown to like it and don't skip it when I listen to the album, but there is something so special and intimate about Carrie sitting on that piano, looking at pictures of Mike and Isaiah that just grabs your heart. It was the most beautiful moment in the concert and I spent most of it watching the slideshow. I tried to sing along, but my throat was so choked up I couldn't. Such a sweet moment. Bonus - the piano was on my end of the stage!

At this point, I felt like I had missed half of the concert trying to get pictures and videos and I was posting the pictures to Twitter during the concert, but I still couldn't resist taking a few more. I thought Fishin' in the Dark was a great, fun moment in the concert. I liked that Carrie started it off by herself, then brought out Easton and brought out the Swon Brothers last. I was glad I got to see the Swon Brothers, if only for a moment, lol. It's such a fun, classic country song and the crowd loved it.

Clock Don't Stop sounded pretty, but Carrie stayed put in the center stage for this one. The graphics on the circular screens were cool, but even though she sounded beautiful, I have to agree with Donna that Chaser or Relapse would have been much better with the crowd. Act 4 seemed to be the biggest mixed bag of songs and during CDS and LTG, I felt like the crowd was the least energetic. I think those songs need to be replaced the second leg.

Clock Don't Stop

Before He Cheats is always a crowd pleasing sing-a-long and this is where I got the picture that people seem to like the best of all my shots. This is when Carrie was letting the crowd sing to BHC and just reveling in the moment.

Smoke Break was the first song in the encore and I think the crowd enjoyed it. I kind of hope her third single blows up and that she can replace Smoke Break with the third single for the encore. Then Smoke Break can take the place of the third single in the regular set. Carrie faced the other direction for most of this song, so I couldn't get any really great pictures of her playing guitar.

Smoke Break

The finale was the song I have wanted to hear live for so long! SITW is just beautiful and the blue lights she used were amazing. I think this song is the perfect encore and it's just so "Carrie". I was having a horrible time getting pictures on this one, plus I wanted to try to just enjoy the song.

Final shot of the stage and a tiny Carrie. I can't remember if this is at the end of SITW or when she was taking her bows and thanking the crowd. I think it was the latter.

Overall impression of the concert from my friends was that it was an amazing show. One friend said she thought it was the best she had ever seen Carrie (she attended CR, PO, and BA tours with me). Another friend thought the light show was amazing - one of the best she has ever seen and said it was on par with when she saw Justin Timberlake, she commented more than once about the lighting and screens. Her only complaint was that she wished Carrie had sang the whole Storyteller album. She isn't much of a country fan, but I was happy to hear her say that she really likes this album and she wanted to hear the whole thing. Her favorite is Relapse and she and I both sang the chorus to Relapse when they played the musical interlude for it, lol. She was like, what a mean teaser, lol. They were prepared for her to not sing Chaser and Relapse, though. I told them about it after night one of the tour. They all asked, what does she sing then, lol? I do think 8 songs off the new album is a good number, especially when trying to fit in all of the old hits. I think Carrie did a mostly good job planning the set list, but I also think a couple songs could be switched out for new songs on the next leg and it would be even better. I think LTG should go for sure.

For me, the show was just so amazing and I want so badly to see it again. I hope she comes close enough on the second leg that I can go (Rupp Arena, please!) and that I have the extra money to buy myself a ticket when they go on sale. The evening was just amazing and this tour just proves that Carrie Underwood IS the Entertainer of the Year, no matter what the CMA/ACM block voting says. It also proves she would do a kickass Super Bowl halftime show all by herself without any supporting acts unless she just wanted them.

Finally, Donna, I am really sorry I didn't get the chance to text you and try to get together. I was so frustrated by how late we got to the concert and since we arrived during Easton's set, I just wanted to get my merchandise, go to the ladies room, and head to my seat. After that, I kind of just didn't want to move after the ordeal of the evening, lol. I hope you had a blast and your pictures and videos were amazing! Did the video camera arm block your view at all or were you high enough that it didn't bother you?

Thanks for the review.:-)

We have a difference of opinion on the Fishin song/CDS/LTG sequence.From my view point people starting waning during the fishin' song ( not many people singing), CDS lost them a bit more (no singing, just quiet watching) then they revived with LTG ( people back up,dancing ,singing and loving the pyro).At least thats how it was around us.If they keep the fishin' song they need to change out CDS.

I think about everyone took Carrie to heart when she asked them to sing along to IWALY.They were drowning Carrie!! Fortunately most people settled down when she hit that sweet chorus.Her vocals on that song are just incredible.

And yes we had boom problems!! Weirdly in row N we where also about 6/7 rows from the floor.It was a nice surprise we were so close.That dang boom though,it always seemed to be in the way(check out my pics, it makes several appearances)!lol.I guess it served a purpose for the people in the upper level though.

No worries on meeting up.We figured you all had a problem with dining and /or the traffic.

also nice pics and thanks for the videos! CCA is so great.The crowd just ate up Carrie playing harmonica.I wanted to take more but I kept getting caught up in Carrie talking or watching her and then bam she was at the chorus.lol
    Hil, opry051008 and Kizmet311 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Stacey, what an awesome review!!! Thanks so much for all the work you put into it for us.....it almost felt like I was there!!
    Kizmet311, Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Hil
    Finally got to read your review. AMAZING, you put a lot of work into it. I actually really liked LTG, and felt the crowd like it and the pyro that went with it lol. I agree CDS could be exchanged for something. I'd love it to be Mexico, but I know you guys want chaser, so I hope it gets put in. Great job with pictures and video. I used to do all of that, but quit a tour or so ago because, like you said, you spend so much time doing that, you miss the show. However, I appreciate you guys taking all the pics and videos. I really hope she puts a tour DVD out this year. This tour is so phenomenal, I would love to own it.

Oh, I agree with Donna (just read your post) Fishin' in the dark lost Carrie fans...as well as CDS and they loved LTG in my section too.
    opry051008, bluetb4, Gator and 3 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Thanks for the review!
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Do you have photos of the program?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Thanks for the review.:-)

We have a difference of opinion on the Fishin song/CDS/LTG sequence.From my view point people starting waning during the fishin' song ( not many people singing), CDS lost them a bit more (no singing, just quiet watching) then they revived with LTG ( people back up,dancing ,singing and loving the pyro).At least thats how it was around us.If they keep the fishin' song they need to change out CDS.

I think about everyone took Carrie to heart when she asked them to sing along to IWALY.They were drowning Carrie!! Fortunately most people settled down when she hit that sweet chorus.Her vocals on that song are just incredible.

And yes we had boom problems!! Weirdly in row N we where also about 6/7 rows from the floor.It was a nice surprise we were so close.That dang boom though,it always seemed to be in the way(check out my pics, it makes several appearances)!lol.I guess it served a purpose for the people in the upper level though.

No worries on meeting up.We figured you all had a problem with dining and /or the traffic.

also nice pics and thanks for the videos! CCA is so great.The crowd just ate up Carrie playing harmonica.I wanted to take more but I kept getting caught up in Carrie talking or watching her and then bam she was at the chorus.lol
    Donna, you are probably right that we both had different impressions based on who was sitting around us. I guess I took a lot of impression from my 3 friends who are pretty casual fans. They will go to a concert with me, but I'm not sure they would buy Carrie's albums on their own. When Carrie was singing LTG they seemed completely unfamiliar with it and had to ask me which album it was on and I told them the GH and they were like, oh, ok, like they had never heard of the song before.

I am glad that it worked out that we got video of different songs! Nice to have more videos from the show than just what I got. I do wish I had finished filming IWALY, so we could have had that one too.
    maddkat likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Finally got to read your review. AMAZING, you put a lot of work into it. I actually really liked LTG, and felt the crowd like it and the pyro that went with it lol. I agree CDS could be exchanged for something. I'd love it to be Mexico, but I know you guys want chaser, so I hope it gets put in. Great job with pictures and video. I used to do all of that, but quit a tour or so ago because, like you said, you spend so much time doing that, you miss the show. However, I appreciate you guys taking all the pics and videos. I really hope she puts a tour DVD out this year. This tour is so phenomenal, I would love to own it.

Oh, I agree with Donna (just read your post) Fishin' in the dark lost Carrie fans...as well as CDS and they loved LTG in my section too.
    When I was writing my review, I was trying to remember the other song that had pyro...it was LTG. I remembered the fireworks "shower" from CC and anticipated it, but the quick flash of pyro during LTG honestly startled me a little, lol. I wasn't expecting it.

Yes, while it was fun to take the pics and do some live tweeting during the concert, it definitely affected my experience and I'm not sure I would do it again. I do like having the pictures and videos as a memory, but the live tweeting definitely distracted me from Carrie's performance. If I am lucky enough to see it again, then next time I may have to try to focus on the show and less on the pictures.
    Hil likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    Do you have photos of the program?
    I will try to take some photos and post there here tomorrow.
    Kenny_Chisholm likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast