Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree382Likes

Thread: [Mar 19 2016] Allentown, PA- PPL Center

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Photos: https://countryfriedmedia.com/2016/0...photo-gallery/

Review: https://countryfriedmedia.com/2016/0...ryteller-tour/

Last night, Carrie Underwood captivated a capacity crowd at the PPL Center in Allentown, PA with a spectacular stage show and performance. The singer’s Storyteller Tour has been packing arenas both around the country and overseas in Europe. The in-the-round production is Underwood’s most adventurous production undertaking of her career, complete with spotlights, strobes, CO2, and four wardrobe changes. She’s absolutely blowing audiences away in support of her latest studio effort Storyteller, which debuted strongly at #2 on the Billboard Top 200 last October.
    Mirasa45A, bluetb4, mooret and 3 others like this.

mooret, Mirasa45A, bluetb4 and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!

thanks Ann. It was a great evening!

the show was fantastic! Carrie was at her very best, and gave a sensational performance. The highlight of the concert was as always her spectacular voice. She was totally on and each song sounded better than the last. Her energy, her emotion, her interpretation, her texture, her versatility, and I could go on. The stage was immense and so moveable that Carrie was up and down, left and right. I felt that she spent more time facing in the opposite direction of course but probably it was equal. The lighting was amazing. The band was into it. The crowd was with Carrie all the way and sang enthusiastically whenever Carrie pointed the microphone in their direction. The elevated screens were helpful when Carrie was looking elsewhere. Also the Carrie cam was a great idea and a big hit. The age group of the audience was very varied from old to young. I agree with this review which is worth reposting.
    http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/lehigh-valley-music/mc-review-carrie-underwoods-show-may-have-been-best-yet-at-allentowns-ppl-center-20160320-column.html

i went with my wife who is also a big fan but not necessarily a fan-at-ic like me. We always try to score floor seats but this time decided to pass it up because of the general admission/standing only and knowing that the seats in the stands had a good view. I did find that in this setting and set-up the stands were the better seats. We had originally gotten floor seats from the Fan Club, but I was able to sell them on Stubhub and I bought our actual seats from the venue, the PPL Center. They were selling what was to me a new category of Platinum seats. They were seats that were either unsold or held back but priced according to market rather than face value. And they were cheaper than the same seats from Stubhub. I knew that the floor seats were not as good when for once they were selling for less money at Stubhub when usually they are the most expensive.

we did have dinner at the Dime. It was great. The story of how we got there is interesting. We bought parking online, and when we left the garage we were about to enter the venue. We asked the security guard how to get to the Dime restaurant and he said we had to enter the venue and then go through a door leading to an elevator to the restaurant. I asked if we left the venue would we get back in and he said yes definitely.so we were wanded and had our tickets scanned and asked for directions to the Dime. He said once we left the venue we could not get back in and we should have walked around the outside of the buildings. I pleaded our case and he said talk to a floor supervisor. So I found an important looking guy and he said the guard was wrong but he would try to pull some strings. In the mean time, my wife is saying forget the restaurant we might not get back in. But the guy talked to a security guard standing outside the door to the passageway and told her to let us back in.she said she would definitely be there when we got back and shewould recognize us but I had her sign our ticket (Susie). Both she and the floor manager were very reassuring. So we went to the Dime. Busy place with a gorgeous bar. They had an appetizer of crispy Brussels sprouts that were fantastic.we finished dinner and headed back and my wife was still worrying that we wouldn't get back in. So when we returned on the elevator to the second floor what do we see? Susie is gone and a man in her place. Uh-oh. But I walked up to him and started to say "Susie said..." And right away he said she told me, you're good, Happy ending!

I totally loved Carrie and the concert. I noted the reviewer said that Carrie may have made more connection with the crowd at the Allentown Fair last fall. I also attended that concert. The one thing I had felt after last night that nothing Carrie said seemed spontaneous. I know that just putting on that show time after time must be physically and mentally exhausting, and takes a lot of focus and concentration. It must be hard to add new material.This link had been posted
    Carrie Underwood's keyboard player Scott Sheriff reflects on Valley roots - The Morning Call Bethlehem is only 15 miles from Allentown.
    and especially with Scott playing the piano for WINKIAW a mention of his local connection would have made the show more personal. Just adding a remark or two that is unique to that audience would be so appreciated.

it was a phenomenal performance. I must also mention the costume changes, and Carrie always looked so gorgeous and lovely. And was generally able to show off her legs! The strobe lights gave it a modernistic Star WArs. flavor. Carrie is able to glide effortlessly around the stage. I thought back to the 2008 concert at Hershey PA which was her first headlining tour when she co headlined with Keith Urban. However, 75% of the audience or more came to see Keith. We stayed at a motel and had breakfast with one of Keith's managers the next day. She said Carrie can sing but she just stands still on the stage. I thought just wait until you see her a few years from now. A superstar!
    Last edited by carrieguy2; 04-20-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    Ann055, txacar, hjj and 10 others like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I noted the reviewer said that Carrie may have made more connection with the crowd at the Allentown Fair last fall. I also attended that concert. The one thing I had felt after last night that nothing Carrie said seemed spontaneous. I know that just putting on that show time after time must be physically and mentally exhausting, and takes a lot of focus and concentration. It must be hard to add new material.This link had been posted
    Carrie Underwood's keyboard player Scott Sheriff reflects on Valley roots - The Morning Call Bethlehem is only 15 miles from Allentown.
    and especially with Scott playing the piano for WINKIAW a mention of his local connection would have made the show more personal. Just adding a remark or two that is unique to that audience would be so appreciated.
    I kind of get where you are coming from but to be fair, Scott is new and if he didn't mention it Carrie very well may have not have even known that he was from the area. The idea of trying to personalize the comments to each different place makes sense if possible.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    “What I Never Knew I Always Wanted”

I wish Carrie had included this on her European tour setlist.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post

thanks Ann. It was a great evening!

the show was fantastic! Carrie was at her very best, and gave a sensational performance. The highlight of the concert was as always her spectacular voice. She was totally on and each song sounded better than the last. Her energy, her emotion, her interpretation, her texture, her versatility, and I could go on. The stage was immense and so moveable that Carrie was up and down, left and right. I felt that she spent more time facing in the opposite direction of course but probably it was equal. The lighting was amazing. The band was into it. The crowd was with Carrie all the way and sang enthusiastically whenever Carrie pointed the microphone in their direction. The elevated screens were helpful when Carrie was looking elsewhere. Also the Carrie cam was a great idea and a big hit. The age group of the audience was very varied from old to young. I agree with this review which is worth reposting.
    http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/lehigh-valley-music/mc-review-carrie-underwoods-show-may-have-been-best-yet-at-allentowns-ppl-center-20160320-column.html

i went with my wife who is also a big fan but not necessarily a fan-at-ic like me. We always try to score floor seats but this time decided to pass it up because of the general admission/standing only and knowing that the seats in the stands had a good view. I did find that in this setting and set-up the stands were the better seats. We had originally gotten floor seats from the Fan Club, but I was able to sell them on Stubhub and I bought our actual seats from the venue, the PPL Center. They were selling what was to me a new category of Platinum seats. They were seats that were either unsold or held back but priced according to market rather than face value. And they were cheaper than the same seats from Stubhub. I knew that the floor seats were not as good when for once they were selling for less money at Stubhub when usually they are the most expensive.

we did have dinner at the Dime. It was great. The story of how we got there is interesting. We bought parking online, and when we left the garage we were about to enter the venue. We asked the security guard how to get to the Dime restaurant and he said we had to enter the venue and then go through a door leading to an elevator to the restaurant. I asked if we left the venue would we get back in and he said yes definitely.so we were wanded and had our tickets scanned and asked for directions to the Dime. He said once we left the venue we could not get back in and we should have walked around the outside of the buildings. I pleaded our case and he said talk to a floor supervisor. So I found an important looking guy and he said the guard was wrong but he would try to pull some strings. In the mean time, my wife is saying forget the restaurant we might not get back in. But the guy talked to a security guard standing outside the door to the passageway and told her to let us back in.she said she would definitely be there when we got back and shewould recognize us but I had her sign our ticket (Susie). Both she and the floor manager were very reassuring. So we went to the Dime. Busy place with a gorgeous bar. They had an appetizer of crispy Brussels sprouts that were fantastic.we finished dinner and headed back and my wife was still worrying that we wouldn't get back in. So when we returned on the elevator to the second floor what do we see? Susie is gone and a man in his place. Uh-oh. But I walked up to him and started to say "Susie said..." And right away he said she told me, you're good, Happy ending!

I totally loved Carrie and the concert. I noted the reviewer said that Carrie may have made more connection with the crowd at the Allentown Fair last fall. I also attended that concert. The one thing I had felt after last night that nothing Carrie said seemed spontaneous. I know that just putting on that show time after time must be physically and mentally exhausting, and takes a lot of focus and concentration. It must be hard to add new material.This link had been posted

it was a phenomenal performance. I must also mention the costume changes, and Carrie always looked so gorgeous and lovely. And was generally able to show off her legs! The strobe lights gave it a modernistic Star WArs. flavor. Carrie is able to glide effortlessly around the stage. I thought back to the 2008 concert at Hershey PA which was her first headlining tour when she co headlined with Keith Urban. However, 75% of the audience or more came to see Keith. We stayed at a motel and had breakfast with one of Keith's managers the next day. She said Carrie can sing but she just stands still on the stage. I thought just wait until you see her a few years from now. A superstar!

Confused. Did Keith Urban's manager diss Carrie to that blogger in 2008? I really hope not as that would be so rude.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    She is so cute!

Sofia Koutsoumbis ‏@sofiiaK01 6m6 minutes ago Can't get over how amazing last night was @carrieunderwood #storytellertour pic.twitter.com/fiBwc73yQW

rainbow1, mooret, lizcarlo and 3 others like this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Laura Lorenz ‏@LaLorenz 2h2 hours ago This was last night. Now we're all currently suffering from #PCD #TheStorytellerTour @carrieunderwood

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Confused. Did Keith Urban's manager diss Carrie to that blogger in 2008? I really hope not as that would be so rude.
    she made the comment to us but i'm not sure about any blogger.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I kind of get where you are coming from but to be fair, Scott is new and if he didn't mention it Carrie very well may have not have even known that he was from the area. The idea of trying to personalize the comments to each different place makes sense if possible.
    the article says that Scott played with Carrie last year at the Allentown Fair so he is not that new and it sounds like a big deal was made over his returning to his home town at that time. again, the show was perfect; i am only saying it's possible to add a little personal touch.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Gator and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    ^ where are those from

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ where are those from
    There's lots more great photos and videos on their profile. https://www.instagram.com/picassoruiz/
    abbeyjones18, Gator and maddkat like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    really nice IWALY

Gator likes this.

•  
    Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213