Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree865Likes

Thread: [Mar 12 2016] O2 Arena, London, England - Country to Country 2016

^That's in England is it here also??

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Yes, but it just won't be quite the same as in person! Lucky fans if she does play it though.
    But the way I'm thinking is that if Chaser does well in the UK, then it would almost be a given that they add it to the tour setlist in the second leg.
    maddkat, Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

So we can listen online

Radio 2 Country ‏@BBCR2Country 51m51 minutes ago
    You can hear all the live music @C2Cfestival on Saturday March 12, including headliner @carrieunderwood on @BBCR2Country on DAB and online.
    rainbow1 and Gator like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    So we can listen online

Radio 2 Country ‏@BBCR2Country 51m51 minutes ago
    You can hear all the live music @C2Cfestival on Saturday March 12, including headliner @carrieunderwood on @BBCR2Country on DAB and online.
    I don't think I have plans that day, lol. If she's playing Chaser, I have to listen! Hopefully someone can update the first post with links and times to listen as we get all the info.
    rainbow1 and terilyn like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    But the way I'm thinking is that if Chaser does well in the UK, then it would almost be a given that they add it to the tour setlist in the second leg.
    I need to save my pennies so I can see her on the next leg. Really hoping she comes to Lexington, but she hasn't played Rupp since the Play On tour. I'm sure she'll do Nashville, but that means a hotel and overnight trip and probably talking someone into going with me, which means I can't spend as much money as I want on a ticket. Rupp is just a few miles down the road from me, so I can splurge on one ticket for myself and go by myself, lol. I wouldn't mind the trip to Nashville, but I'm already going to be making a trip there in October for Adele.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Although I don't think it's yet become as wide ranging, or as attractive to artists, as the old Wembley Festival (which used to be televised, and had artists from all wings of the genre, intermixed), C2C is definitely growing in its scope as a major Country Music event. This can be seen not only in the increasing number of cities hosting the event, but also in the growing number of shows hosted alongside the headline concerts.

In England, these will include an episode of the CMA Nashville Songwriters series (this is the event that Carrie herself took part in two or three years ago - which I regard as one of her best ever appearances, and which she seemed to enjoy enough to repeat a similar format for her contribution to the Country Radio seminar). The current episode, in London, will include Ashley Monroe.

Bob Harris is also hosting a side-stage event, which will include Kimmie Rhodes, a Texas singer whose been a big influence on many of today's songwriters.

And this is a link to one of the main side-events, which includes a couple of my of my other favourite artists, Jessi Alexander, and Striking Matches (the latter being an example of a duo who have made a big breakthrough in live performance over here). The line up also includes Maren Morris, a Texan singer with Roots connections, who is one to watch for the future, for likely critical approval and a potential leading role in the Mainstream. Charles Esten (who is appearing at a couple of events) is an asset to the Festival, as he has a wide popular following from the TV series "Nashville".
    Country 2 Country :: The Bluebird Cafe at The O2

I'd like to pay a special tribute to Carrie, who I believe played a special part in helping this event get off the ground, by saying in interviews that she wanted a Festival here, and by agreeing to headline the inaugural show (something that she has admitted gave her some concerns about how many would know her, or be familiar with her songs; as it turned out, those concerns were unfounded - but it took faith, for someone at the peak of domestic Mainstream popularity, to make that move.)
    In coming back for a second headline show, Carrie has continued to support the development - she can potentially act as an entry point for fans who might not otherwise consider this type of show. (Any successful Mainstream artist with an off-genre following could make that claim - but in Carrie's case, I believe it does ring true, partly because she includes Country instrumentation in many of her songs, as evidenced in her "Heartbeat" performance on a Prime time TV show here - and partly because she includes Country references and explanations in most of her interviews.) Anyone who follows Carrie should be in no doubt about what music she identifies with - unlike some artists who sheepishly hide their identity where they don't think it will sell.
    gna, rainbow1, terilyn and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Faraway, I don't recall if you have mentioned it or not, but will you be able to see Carrie at the C2C?
    rainbow1 and Suellen like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I'm going to the concert at the O2 arena next Saturday. I live in the Netherlands and it's only $90 flight to London, so figured it's my birthday, why not! Definitely looking forward to the show, a little slice of home while living abroad. I was debating between Dublin, Glasgow or London and finally decided on London because the ticket prices are way cheaper in London than Glasgow and Dublin is harder because it's on Friday and I need to work.

I have to say I'm also excited for the enormous amount of other artist performing at the festival throughout the day. It's a pretty huge event, just hoping the weather is nice, this time of year it's not real warm and it rains ALL the time. A duet with Sam would be cool for Heartbeat and maybe she could join LBT for Pontoon or something, just to keep it fun.

I'll be sure to write a review of the show afterwards!
    Mirasa45A, liz278, Gator and 5 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dnnschuett View Post
    I'm going to the concert at the O2 arena next Saturday. I live in the Netherlands and it's only $90 flight to London, so figured it's my birthday, why not! Definitely looking forward to the show, a little slice of home while living abroad. I was debating between Dublin, Glasgow or London and finally decided on London because the ticket prices are way cheaper in London than Glasgow and Dublin is harder because it's on Friday and I need to work.

I have to say I'm also excited for the enormous amount of other artist performing at the festival throughout the day. It's a pretty huge event, just hoping the weather is nice, this time of year it's not real warm and it rains ALL the time. A duet with Sam would be cool for Heartbeat and maybe she could join LBT for Pontoon or something, just to keep it fun.

I'll be sure to write a review of the show afterwards!
    Congratulation - you will not be disappointed because Carrie sounds BETTER Live .
    rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie is going to be on The Jonathan Ross Show:

The Jonathan Ross Show Episode 10

Carrie Underwood UK ‏@Carrie_UK 2m2 minutes ago
    Carrie Underwood will be stopping by @JRossShow to perform Chaser! Tune in on March 12 from 9:30pm on ITV; https://t.co/wUsaT5V4yi #CarrieUK
    opry051008, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yay! I'm excited Carrie is going to be on this show! I'll be watching!
    opry051008, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Is there any way to watch this online live or after it airs?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I don't think so

I really, really hope someone caps it for us. I have a suspicion Louisa of CarrieUK will.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Although I don't think it's yet become as wide ranging, or as attractive to artists, as the old Wembley Festival (which used to be televised, and had artists from all wings of the genre, intermixed), C2C is definitely growing in its scope as a major Country Music event. This can be seen not only in the increasing number of cities hosting the event, but also in the growing number of shows hosted alongside the headline concerts.

In England, these will include an episode of the CMA Nashville Songwriters series (this is the event that Carrie herself took part in two or three years ago - which I regard as one of her best ever appearances, and which she seemed to enjoy enough to repeat a similar format for her contribution to the Country Radio seminar). The current episode, in London, will include Ashley Monroe.

Bob Harris is also hosting a side-stage event, which will include Kimmie Rhodes, a Texas singer whose been a big influence on many of today's songwriters.

And this is a link to one of the main side-events, which includes a couple of my of my other favourite artists, Jessi Alexander, and Striking Matches (the latter being an example of a duo who have made a big breakthrough in live performance over here). The line up also includes Maren Morris, a Texan singer with Roots connections, who is one to watch for the future, for likely critical approval and a potential leading role in the Mainstream. Charles Esten (who is appearing at a couple of events) is an asset to the Festival, as he has a wide popular following from the TV series "Nashville".
    Country 2 Country :: The Bluebird Cafe at The O2

I'd like to pay a special tribute to Carrie, who I believe played a special part in helping this event get off the ground, by saying in interviews that she wanted a Festival here, and by agreeing to headline the inaugural show (something that she has admitted gave her some concerns about how many would know her, or be familiar with her songs; as it turned out, those concerns were unfounded - but it took faith, for someone at the peak of domestic Mainstream popularity, to make that move.)
    In coming back for a second headline show, Carrie has continued to support the development - she can potentially act as an entry point for fans who might not otherwise consider this type of show. (Any successful Mainstream artist with an off-genre following could make that claim - but in Carrie's case, I believe it does ring true, partly because she includes Country instrumentation in many of her songs, as evidenced in her "Heartbeat" performance on a Prime time TV show here - and partly because she includes Country references and explanations in most of her interviews.) Anyone who follows Carrie should be in no doubt about what music she identifies with - unlike some artists who sheepishly hide their identity where they don't think it will sell.
    Carrie is beyond any doubt the biggest ambassador for country music.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @BBCR2Country
    @Carrie_UK you will be able to hear the whole of @carrieunderwood @C2Cfestival set live on @BBCR2Country and she will join us backstage
    opry051008, bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Carrie is beyond any doubt the biggest ambassador for country music.
    I agree completely. She deserves more credit for it as well.
    bluetb4, opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Bumping thread.

Carrie Follower
    So we can listen to this concert live tomorrow. Will anyone on here be able to record Carrie's part?

Radio 2 Country ‏@BBCR2Country 3m3 minutes ago
    We are back live @C2Cfestival at 4pm, live from the main stage with @MaddieandTae @SamHuntMusic @littlebigtown and @carrieunderwood

So they are ahead of us by 6 hours so will go live at 10 am CT

•  
    Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast