Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: [Mar 4 2016] Hovet, Stockholm, Sweden - Country to Country 2016

Carrie Guru

[Mar 4 2016] Hovet, Stockholm, Sweden - Country to Country 2016

Start time: 5:00 pm
    Opening act: Lauren Alaina, Jill Johnson, Pauper Kings

Country 2 Country :: Home
    Last edited by opry051008; 02-26-2016 at 09:51 PM.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Carrie Guru
    If you have any friends in Sweden you might want to let them know that Carrie's in town. Sales looks sluggish.

Pauper Kings ‏@PauperKings
    So happy to announce that we are playing in Stockholm & Oslo with @carrieunderwood
    as part of the @C2Cfestival ����
    Gator, opry051008, mooret and 1 others like this.

How are doing letting her fans know she is coming? Maybe this means nothing. I've seen some comments from people in Sweden on her you tube videos saying they want her to come so they can see her live.

Junior Carrie Follower Piercing Words's Avatar
    The organization of this event is a mess... Wouldn't at all surprise me if it was cancelled. :/

^What's going on over there?

Junior Carrie Follower Piercing Words's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terilyn View Post
    ^What's going on over there?
    They didn't announce the final line-up until today, with less than two weeks to go until the show, after ignoring messages on the facebook page from people who want to know whether or not to buy tickets/airfare/accommodation.

Add to that, the final line-up is terrible (Carrie is the saving grace; the other 3 acts are a local country artist, Lauren Alaina, and some obscure band from London), and upon announcing it on FB, they have since removed the post. People are really upset and calling for a cancellation of the show to save face for future years: if this is a disaster then it might pull the plug on C2C in Scandinavia as no other big acts will want to put effort into performing here.

There's also been no advertising of the event :/

ETA: This is upsetting because I really, really want to see Carrie live (and I even won a M&G!!!) but I don't want the show to be a flop. I feel like her team should book shows here in Scandinavia as extensions of her tour, because she could easily fill at least a 3k hall imo. Plus they'd manage it better than C2C + the show would actually be advertised.
    rainbow1, mooret, lolita55 and 5 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Piercing Words View Post
    They didn't announce the final line-up until today, with less than two weeks to go until the show, after ignoring messages on the facebook page from people who want to know whether or not to buy tickets/airfare/accommodation.

Add to that, the final line-up is terrible (Carrie is the saving grace; the other 3 acts are a local country artist, Lauren Alaina, and some obscure band from London), and upon announcing it on FB, they have since removed the post. People are really upset and calling for a cancellation of the show to save face for future years: if this is a disaster then it might pull the plug on C2C in Scandinavia as no other big acts will want to put effort into performing here.

ETA: This is upsetting because I really, really want to see Carrie live (and I even won a M&G!!!) but I don't want the show to be a flop. I feel like her team should book shows here in Scandinavia as extensions of her tour, because she could easily fill at least a 3k hall imo. Plus they'd manage it better than C2C + the show would actually be advertised.
    That is terrible, I hope they pull out all of the stops to make it a success, and that her fans in sweden rally around her and save the show.

Concert Stars
    Thanks for telling us....that is really sad news!
    mooret, opry051008 and bluetb4 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I really wish I knew people in Sweden, so I could have them spread the word, but sadly I do not
    mooret and opry051008 like this.

I can just imagine how thoroughly frustrated her fans must be. To wait so long and then to have this happen.

Country2Country ‏@C2Cfestival 24m24 minutes ago
    News! @Lauren_Alaina confirmed to play at C2C shows in Norway & Sweden alongside @carrieunderwood & Jill Johnson!
    rainbow1, bluetb4 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru

Wow, Lauren Alaina gets second billing... I guess those other 2 artists really aren't much of a draw as you pointed out.

Anyway, I know you wanted everything to be perfect for the first time you saw Carrie but it looks like this concert is not going to be cancelled. Even if there is only a small audience, that's still ok because Carrie has never even promoted herself over there. So just go and enjoy yourself and don't let anything spoil your first time "MEETING CARRIE AND SEEING HER PERFORM LIVE"!!

Btw, keep a lookout, I won't be surprised if Carrie does some promo while she's over there. : )
    Gator, rainbow1, bluetb4 and 1 others like this.

I looked at Sony Music Sweden's websites and did not find one mention of the Carrie concert. I realize tours are not directly related to the label but seems to me it would behoove Sony to advertise the tour in new areas, especially overseas, to help acquire new fans for their artist and possibly increase album sales. Very strange!!
    rainbow1, bluetb4 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    If you have any friends in Sweden you might want to let them know that Carrie's in town. Sales looks sluggish.
    Mike has Swedish teammates maybe they know some people.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Even if she doesn't sell out her Stockholm, Oslo or Dublin date it will be ok. She didn't sell out the O2 arena the first time she played there 3 years ago, and now she did, so I am confident that if she goes back there and tours in 2 or 3 years that she will be selling out Arenas there.

Concert Stars
    I am just so happy that she is playing Norway and Sweden at all that a sell out was not expected at all. This is her first time there! So happy!

But it is odd that Lauren Alaina is second billing. She is not even second billing in the USA anywhere.

I realize that Sony Music Sweden is a pop label, but don't understand why Sony Nashville couldn't have used them to advertise this event. There is no mention of Carrie on any of their websites. Kelly's Idol performance is on their FB page.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

The Pauper Kings are from Yorkshire, not London (I know we're a small country - but they have very distinct historic and cultural identities!). They have, however, already played the two main Country Music venues in London - the Borderline and the Shepherds Bush Empire. Recently, they've been working in Nashville to produce an album with Jay de Marcus (Chely Wright, Rascal Flatts), who manages them. As well as C2C, they have been booked for a big Country Rock event in Queensland, Australia.

I don't see any likelihood at all of the event being cancelled - the whole purpose of C2C is to build an audience, and, if it should prove necessary, the organizers would cross subsidize the new events from the already prosperous ones.

Scandinavia is regarded as a significant potential European market for Country Music - probably second only to Germany. The Dixie Chicks played there in their prime market days. Roots acts, in particular, tour there (e.g.. a girl band I support, Larkin Poe, have played several recent dates there.) Toby Keith has been a strong advocate of promoting the Scandinavian Country market

With Carrie performing assuming it doesn't get cancelled Carrie is going to have to sing badly on purpose for it to flop.
    teesharky likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast