Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: [Mar 4 2016] Hovet, Stockholm, Sweden - Country to Country 2016

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    What did he say about her voice?
    "scream singing", "nasal", "acidic" and "odynamiskt (which Google didn't recognize, but I think is the neuter form of an adjective meaning "undynamic). That section, by the way, (or at least the translation) appeared contradictory, in that he also said she had "almost no sound" - which makes me wonder how he came to the other conclusions!

(I won't go on - some of his comments before that section were really nasty)

His only good point was for "Jesus Take the Wheel", which he called "a pure delight" (though even that was a bit back-handed, since he said that was only in comparison with the other songs)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    "scream singing", "nasal", "acidic" and "odynamiskt (which Google didn't recognize, but I think is the neuter form of an adjective meaning "undynamic). That section, by the way, (or at least the translation) appeared contradictory, in that he also said she had "almost no sound" - which makes me wonder how he came to the other conclusions!

(I won't go on - some of his comments before that section were really nasty)

His only good point was for "Jesus Take the Wheel", which he called "a pure delight" (though even that was a bit back-handed, since he said that was only in comparison with the other songs)
    So basically he just didn't like her, which is fine, but to insult her great voice makes him look like a fool. If he would have rather had Kacey that is fine, but her voice isn't anywhere near Carries.

Concert Stars
    I probably shouldn't say this, but I hope she never goes back to Sweden!! Her fans there can go over to another Country. Let them just sit there and be cold!!!! :-(

Carrie Guru
    Don't worry too much about the critics guys. If we had based Carrie's career on what the critics said, she'd never be the success that she is today. : ) The important takeaway from this experience is her worldwide fanbase that continues to grow. : )
    Gator, lolita55, Suellen and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Generally, that's true, but after what that guy said......I wouldn't go back. I just pray she never sees it!!
    bluetb4, lolita55, liz278 and 1 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    He was such a toad. Sometimes I wish the critics could be critiqued. Maybe they wouldn't be so nasty and hateful if they were held more accountable for the smut they write.
    lizcarlo, rainbow1, liz278 and 1 others like this.

The only people who says she "screams" are the ones who don't know the amount of talent it takes to accomplish what she does. They can stay mad hiding behind their writing while Carrie has fabulous career.
    lolita55 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    The only people who says she "screams" are the ones who don't know the amount of talent it takes to accomplish what she does. They can stay mad hiding behind their writing while Carrie has fabulous career.
    I know lol, everytime I hear that I'm like let's see how well a Miranda, Kacey etc do singing her songs, and let's see how well Carrie does singing their songs. It just seems like she will never win, she either not country enough or too country sometimes, or at least that's what it seems.

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    What a hateful uncalled for review. If you don't like Carrie's style of singing fine but to attack her like that is so uncalled for.It would make sense that the petty 'reviewer' would say those things about Carrie if he whined they didn't get Musgraves who vocally is the direct opposite of Carrie in every way.

I agree with you Rainbow after he way the crowd was, the organization and the critics I'd stay far away from Sweden if I were her.
    rainbow1, liz278, bluetb4 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I really hope they don't have the festival in Sweden next year. Having it in Oslo is fine. Since they seemed much more receptive. Even the fans there seemed much more into the concert than they were in Stockholm.

Carrie Guru
    ^^ You guys will likely get your wish. The first year of C2C in Sweden had Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Florida Georgia Line, Brantley Gilbert, Lee Ann Womack, Brandy Clark Ericsson and they could only draw 3,682 of a 6,015 capacity crowd with a gross revenue of $340,027. So the festival lost a ton of money in the first year. This year they had Carrie and with the last minute announcement of performers meant that they were not able to get any big name acts within their festival budget. So that in addition to the fan/critic reaction, I can't see Sweden hosting another C2C event in the near future.

I think Carrie would have had a better experience in Sweden had she done a smaller concert on her own.
    lolita55 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^ You guys will likely get your wish. The first year of C2C in Sweden had Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Florida Georgia Line, Brantley Gilbert, Lee Ann Womack, Brandy Clark Ericsson and they could only draw 3,682 of a 6,015 capacity crowd with a gross revenue of $340,027. So the festival lost a ton of money in the first year. This year they had Carrie and with the last minute announcement of performers meant that they were not able to get any big name acts within their festival budget. So that in addition to the fan/critic reaction, I can't see Sweden hosting another C2C event in the near future.

I think Carrie would have had a better experience in Sweden had she done a smaller concert on her own.
    Opry, there is another review I saw on Twitter a few minutes ago. I am unable to bring it over because I'm at a library right now and they don't allow the copy and paste option. Can you please copy it for everyone? The Twitter handle is "ThinkCountry." Thanks!!
    opry051008, lolita55 and Suellen like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetb4 View Post
    Opry, there is another review I saw on Twitter a few minutes ago. I am unable to bring it over because I'm at a library right now and they don't allow the copy and paste option. Can you please copy it for everyone? The Twitter handle is "ThinkCountry." Thanks!!
    Looking for it now but I don't see the tweet. I'll keep looking.
    bluetb4 and lolita55 like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Looking for it now but I don't see the tweet. I'll keep looking.

heres the review
    Country 2 Country Sweden | Think Country

nice one too

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    heres the review
    Country 2 Country Sweden | Think Country

nice one too
    Thanks Donna. That would be pretty amazing if they got 2K people to attend.
    bluetb4, lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    What a great review. I'm glad we finally got an honest review from somebody who is truly a country music fan. I still don't know why it wasn't canceled after last years fiasco. Does any body know if Finland or Denmark has any country music fans?
    Gator likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    mooret, Mirasa45A, Suellen and 2 others like this.

•  
    Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011