Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree877Likes

Thread: [July 26, 2014] - Jacksonville, FL - EverBank Field

Carrie Guru

[July 26, 2014] - Jacksonville, FL - EverBank Field

Carrie Underwood to unveil the world's largest video boards.

EverBank Field's new video boards will be put to the test for the first time with a Carrie Underwood concert on July 26.
    The concert will is part of an unveiling event at the stadium, which will kick off at 6 p.m. for a friendly match between Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan's Fulham FC team and D.C. United.
    According to a release from the Jaguars, the video boards, measuring 60 feet high by 362 feet wide, will be unveiled after the match. Underwood will then take the stage for a 75-minute concert.

Unveil Event
    mbh and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Fabiola Medrano ‏@FMedrano19 1h My parents have VIP tickets, cabana seating at the Jaguar stadium and meet and greet passes to see Carrie Underwood next sat.. WITHOUT ME
    mbh, carrieguy2 and opry051008 like this.

Shelby Marie ‏@ShelbsStyle_ 8m Just found out I'm going to the @carrieunderwood concert in Jax next weekend!
    Suellen, mbh, carrieguy2 and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    Fabiola Medrano ‏@FMedrano19 1h My parents have VIP tickets, cabana seating at the Jaguar stadium and meet and greet passes to see Carrie Underwood next sat.. WITHOUT ME
    I'd hate to be Fabiola and I'd be doing some serious begging. lol.
    Suellen, txacar, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Just got a ticket for the event. Anyone have any idea how good the view with a VIP field pass would be? Thinking about upgrading my ticket to include the VIP pass. Wish they hand a stage set up on ticket master so I could see how good my current seat is.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by tcnole1 View Post
    Just got a ticket for the event. Anyone have any idea how good the view with a VIP field pass would be? Thinking about upgrading my ticket to include the VIP pass. Wish they hand a stage set up on ticket master so I could see how good my current seat is.
    It's been a long time. Glad to see you post again. I have no idea about this venue but it's gonna be incredible to see Carrie on a big screen like that. Hope you let us know how it turns out.

Concert Stars
    This site might help you. Seating is identified as you scroll around the stadium.

Jacksonville Jaguars | Virtual Venue? | Powered by IOMEDIA

Junior Carrie Follower
    Wonder if they plan to show the SNF clip they are showing at movie theaters on their new big screens.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    these new boards are massive!! Jacksonville Jaguars To Unveil World's Largest HD Video Displays - Forbes

To give you an idea of the sheer size of the display, Daktronics provides this infographic showing the scale of the them in relationship to you, a car, semi, home, goal post, and yes… Washington’s face on Mt. Rushmore

bluetb4, mbh, DaisyTweets and 3 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    My goodness!! That board is unbelievably huge!! Wonder if Carrie has any new cool background videos planned for the event??

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie with 30 foot long legs in HD
    mbh, opry051008, maddkat and 1 others like this.

Cait Carlson ‏@CaiteeLyn 29m The Jags sent me 2 free tickets to the soccer game/scoreboard unveiling/Carrie Underwood concert. Day made.
    opry051008, mbh and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Starting to see a lot of tweets coming across about this concert on Saturday night...people are getting excited!!

I think it would be so cool if Carrie used her opening video screens from the "Blown Away" tour....the whole entrance, including the tornados and her coming out of the house.
    mbh likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetb4 View Post
    Starting to see a lot of tweets coming across about this concert on Saturday night...people are getting excited!!

I think it would be so cool if Carrie used her opening video screens from the "Blown Away" tour....the whole entrance, including the tornados and her coming out of the house.
    She used it in Tahoe last weekend.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    She used it in Tahoe last weekend.
    Awesome!! I like that long intro where she is running toward the house with the tornado approaching...then boom, she makes her entrance
    from the house while launching into "Good Girl." So glad she used it last weekend...will look sweet on the huge screen in Florida!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    opry051008, mbh, Mirasa45A and 1 others like this.

Pimp Juice ‏@BusseyCarly 38m So excited to see Carrie Underwood on Saturday with my favorite person in zeee welddd @alexis_schaff
    opry051008 and mbh like this.

Jacksonville.com ‏@jax_just_in 49m Jacksonville water taxis won't be back in water for Saturday's soccer game and Carrie Underwood concert http://dlvr.it/6Pq3C4
    mbh likes this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Can you please take pictures and videos of the "video boards" while Carrie is performing - SPECIALLY Carrie's entrance at the stage. Thank you SO MUCH in advance!!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Big star for a big night: Carrie Underwood plays Saturday at EverBank Field in Jacksonville | members.jacksonville.com

The Jaguars needed a big star to launch the biggest video screens on the planet. Carrie Underwood, who’s just 5-foot-3, fit the bill perfectly.

She’s scheduled to do a 75-minute concert Saturday night. The event, billed as the Jaguars Mega Event, starts with a soccer match between Shad Khan’s London team Fulham and the MLS’ DC United, followed by the debut of the mammoth new video screens at either end of the stadium. Underwood closes out the evening.

She’ll perform on a stage set up around the 30-yard line on the north end of the stadium. The show goes on rain or shine and will be shown on the big screens.

Mark Lamping, president of the Jaguars, said the team was looking for a performer with a broad appeal for the event.

“Our goal was to find a world class entertainer commensurate with the world class quality of our fans and our new video boards,” Lamping said. “We believe Carrie Underwood was the perfect choice.“

So what’s so big about Underwood?

■ She’s won six Grammys, 16 Billboard Music Awards, 11 Academy of Country Music Awards and been inducted into the Grand Ole Opry — all in less than a decade.

■ In May, TIme magazine named her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

■ She’ll sing the “Sunday Night Football” theme song, “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night,” for the second consecutive season.

■ She received high marks for her work as Maria in “The Sound of Music Live!,” which aired in December on NBC.

■ She shared the stage in May with Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow and Stevie Nicks at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, singing the songs of inducted Linda Ronstadt. (Harris, by the way, is also in town Saturday night, performing at the Times-Union Center)

■ Her video for “See You Again” was named Video of the Year at the CMT Music Awards in June. It’s the third year in a row Underwood has won the award (the other two were for “Blown Away” and “Good Girl.”) Her 10 career CMT awards are the most of any artist.
    DaisyTweets, mbh, gran29 and 5 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast