Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree603Likes

Thread: [July 18, 2014] Lake Tahoe, NV - Harvey's Outdoor Concert Series

Concert Stars
    Randy Travis was mentioned above. Has anyone heard about his recovery recently? I feel so badly for him.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Randy Travis was mentioned above. Has anyone heard about his recovery recently? I feel so badly for him.
    just read an article yesterday about his recovery
    Randy Travis on the Road to Recovery?

Concert Stars
    Thanks Donna, wonder if Carrie tries to keep in touch in some way? Prayers for him!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Why did I stand so far away from @carrieunderwood in this pic? Lol.

Instagram

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    While listening to "Keep Us Safe", it struck me again how good Carrie is at adapting her performances to the needs of the occasion. This is something that I rarely see her get credit for in reviews - but Carrie is not a standardized performer, rehashing an automatic take on a song she's perfected.. Her Opry performances, for example, are often significantly different from her big event showcases. This arrangement of KUS was another example. The "official" video, released earlier, concentrated on a more formal, "stagy" performance, in which Carrie highlighted her pure vocal style - and that was very well suited to the occasion of presenting a charity single to a general audience. This version was more suited to a festival audience in a mixed set list. Carrie showed more of the raw edge to her voice (which always gets through to me more!) and the new musical arrangement contains more "twang". It's that ability to present her work with variety and a sense of occasion that makes her a great live artist.

I also thought it was an interesting set list - with a noticeable mix of song styles. Carrie has a mixed appeal to fans with different tastes. This list took that into account. Hits were accompanied by album tracks that don't always get a wide hearing - and the result was a balanced choice that showed her stylistic range.
    rainbow1, Gator, liz278 and 7 others like this.

Concert Stars
    That "Keep Us Safe" was amazing. Her voice just keeps getting better and better.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    opry051008 and DaisyTweets like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    opry051008 and DaisyTweets like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    While listening to "Keep Us Safe", it struck me again how good Carrie is at adapting her performances to the needs of the occasion. This is something that I rarely see her get credit for in reviews - but Carrie is not a standardized performer, rehashing an automatic take on a song she's perfected.. Her Opry performances, for example, are often significantly different from her big event showcases. This arrangement of KUS was another example. The "official" video, released earlier, concentrated on a more formal, "stagy" performance, in which Carrie highlighted her pure vocal style - and that was very well suited to the occasion of presenting a charity single to a general audience. This version was more suited to a festival audience in a mixed set list. Carrie showed more of the raw edge to her voice (which always gets through to me more!) and the new musical arrangement contains more "twang". It's that ability to present her work with variety and a sense of occasion that makes her a great live artist.

I also thought it was an interesting set list - with a noticeable mix of song styles. Carrie has a mixed appeal to fans with different tastes. This list took that into account. Hits were accompanied by album tracks that don't always get a wide hearing - and the result was a balanced choice that showed her stylistic range.
    I have loved every You Tube version of this awesome song and this one in particular was exceptional. SO disappointed in my Itunes version - it's at such a high register my ears can't handle it and I've never ever had that problem with any of her songs. I haven't heard anyone else complain so not sure what is going on. Love this song so much - the writing was superb along with these you tube versions. It's the type of song I was hoping she would write!!!
    bluetb4 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I have loved every You Tube version of this awesome song and this one in particular was exceptional. SO disappointed in my Itunes version - it's at such a high register my ears can't handle it and I've never ever had that problem with any of her songs. I haven't heard anyone else complain so not sure what is going on. Love this song so much - the writing was superb along with these you tube versions. It's the type of song I was hoping she would write!!!

Keep Us Safe is one of my new favorite Carrie songs. It tugs at your heartstrings...that's for sure.
    I wonder if she wrote another song for the hunger benefit show that is coming up in September?? I don't see how she would have the time, but she is full of surprises!
    DizzyDollyDee and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Suellen, rainbow1, liz278 and 6 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I found some more photos from the show. Check them out!

Carrie Underwood at Harvey's Lake Tahoe - Images | Nevada Photo Source

Carrie Underwood performs at the Harvey's Outdoor Ampitheater in Stateline, Nev., on Friday, July 18. 2014.
    Photo by Cathleen Allison/Nevada Photo Source

Copyright: Cathleen Allison
    Last edited by LouisaJessie; 08-03-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Concert Stars
    Fantastic pictures!!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Carrie Underwood Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys Stateline, Nev. July 18, 2014 $458,457 6,787 / 6,787 1 / 1 $175.50, $135.50, $89.50 Another Planet Entertainment
    rainbow1, bluetb4, Gator and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    It was sold out because I know someone who wanted to buy tickets a couple weeks before the concert and there weren't any. If you wanted to hear her but couldn't get tickets people brought chairs and sat outside the amphitheater - I'd say at least 100 people did that, plus if you were lucky enough to get a hotel room at Harvey's you could listen from your room :-)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    She looked beautiful that night (course she always does) - glowing - she may have known even then that there would be a little Fisher!!
    bluetb4 likes this.

•  
    Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789