• 4 Post By rainbow1
  • 2 Post By opry051008
  • 2 Post By epicamends
  • 2 Post By Ann055
  • 2 Post By countryfan2006

Thread: [July 26] Carrie coming to EverBank Field, Jacksonville, FL

[July 26] Carrie coming to EverBank Field, Jacksonville, FL

Unveil Event

Jaguars unveil world’s largest video boards July 26 with country music’s biggest superstar, Carrie Underwood coming to EverBank Field; tickets free for Jaguars season ticket members

The official unveiling of the new EverBank Field video boards will take place on July 26, and country music superstar Carrie Underwood is coming to Jacksonville to perform in concert, capping an exciting evening at EverBank Field. The full event will begin with a soccer friendly between Fulham Football Club and D.C. United, followed by the official unveiling of the video boards, and finally a live concert by Underwood. The event will be free to Jaguars season ticket members.

“We are thrilled to make this already-exciting evening even greater with the addition of Carrie Underwood,” said Shahid Khan, owner of both the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham FC. “This will be an historic evening for our community and a memorable experience for fans of the Jaguars, fans of soccer, and fans of Carrie Underwood. It’s really three major events in one evening in Jacksonville, and I know Jacksonville will respond and celebrate like no other city in the nation. We’re proud to offer this at no cost to our season ticket members as another way to show our appreciation for their support.”

The evening will begin with a 6 p.m. friendly match between Fulham and D.C. United. Following the match, at around 8 p.m., the new stadium video boards will be officially unveiled for the first time. The HD video boards will be the largest in the world, measuring 60 feet high by 362 feet wide. Following the unveiling, at around 8:30 p.m., Underwood will take the stage for a 75-minute concert.

Tickets for the entire evening – including the soccer match, the unveiling and the concert – will be free to Jaguars season ticket members as part of the Jags365 program. Each season ticket member will be able to request the same number of tickets for July 26 as are in their Jaguars account. Any season ticket members who have not yet renewed for the 2014 season may do so before Saturday, May 10 in order to keep their current seat location for the 2014 season. More information will be provided to season ticket members at a later date about how to register for tickets for July 26.

Anyone who renews their season tickets or purchase new season tickets before May 30 will be eligible to request free tickets for the July 26 events. For anyone who is not a Jaguars season ticket member, tickets for the evening will be limited but any remaining will be available for purchase. More information including availability and pricing will be provided at a later date.

Underwood was the winner of the fourth season of “American Idol” in 2005, launching the Oklahoma native’s career into superstardom. She has sold more than 15 million albums world-wide, has 18 #1 singles and won six Grammy Awards.

Go Carrie Go! Football fans, soccer fans here & some from abroad maybe, Carrie fans, and a STADIUM!
    AdamJ, bluetb4, opry051008 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So excited! My dad is a season ticket holder so I will be there! So excited for her to play a stadium show in my city!

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So if you want to show how hot your video boards are then get the hottest thing to put on it. Nothing looks better on a big screen than Carrie!
    AdamJ, Ann055, liz278 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan_01 View Post
    So excited! My dad is a season ticket holder so I will be there! So excited for her to play a stadium show in my city!
    Very excited for you! You'll have to get us some pics & vids!
    AdamJ, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie is performing so much this year. Go girl.
    bluetb4 and AdamJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan_01 View Post
    I'll be waiting for you to post pics and videos, I would say I'll see you there but not a season ticket holder, and I am guessing the limited remaining tickets are going to be over 100 dollars which I don't have. And by the time I get the money it'll be sold out.

Interesting. Carrie has been playing quite a few huge venues this year. Someone on Pulse speculated that her team might be testing the waters for her to do some stadium shows on her next tour - fewer dates but at bigger venues.

Concert Stars
    I think that would be a great idea!!

Carrie Guru
    Wow, how awesome this is for Jaguars season ticket members!
    rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I wouldn't mind seeing Carrie in a stadium as long as I get to be up close. One of these days I am going to save up my money and pay top dollar to get good seats like I did in December 2005. I paid $250 a seat for three seats to get front row at the Country Cares concert in Detroit. One day, I'll do it again, lol.

I really hope Carrie does a small venue acoustic tour someday. Stadiums are nice and speak to how bright Carrie's star is shining, but I prefer seeing artists in smaller venues for a more intimate performance.
    Kizmet311 and opry051008 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I really hope Carrie does a small venue acoustic tour someday. Stadiums are nice and speak to how bright Carrie's star is shining, but I prefer seeing artists in smaller venues for a more intimate performance.
    I, too, want a small venue accoustic tour someday. I personally am not a huge fan of stadium tours, however as several have said before, I don't believe Carrie thinks she could fill stadiums so I'm glad she's doing these if just to show her she can. Plus, the audience of these 3 this year are not just Carrie fans - they are people who love all kinds of music and she makes new fans each time she does this sort of thing. She's been doing alot more of this and playing to so many more people who might think country, don't like it, not going to 1 of her concerts. Carrie is a very smart lady and throughout her career, she hasn't done things (for the most part) where she wasn't completely confident and comfortable.
    liz278 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Awesome. I love that Carrie is continuing to tour as much as possible. She is such a busy lady.

I would like to see her in concert. I would like to see her in big venue and small acoustic concert. I like her Blown Away tour that I got on DVD, but I really like to see intimate concerts as well.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    bluetb4 and maddkat like this.

•