Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree46Likes
  • 19 Post By epicamends
  • 2 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 2 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 7 Post By epicamends
  • 2 Post By rainbow1
  • 1 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By Gator
  • 1 Post By Schrodinger
  • 1 Post By melanie03
  • 1 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By robinannhunt
  • 3 Post By epicamends
  • 1 Post By carrieguy2
  • 1 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By neidolfan

Thread: My Hamilton review!

My Hamilton review!

Up until two days before the concert, I had pretty much given up hope that I’d get to go. Tickets had been sold out for weeks (not that I really had the money for them anyway), and I’d had zero luck during my two weeks of setting my alarm every day (three times a day the first week) to try to win tickets through the local country radio stations. Then, I saw a post on twitter from Country Music is Love about a contest they were doing to win tickets and be a social reporter for Carrie’s show in Augusta, GA. I replied to the tweet, saying something like “what a cool contest, I wish I lived in GA.” Before I knew it, the official Carrie Tour twitter replied to me asking where I lived and what show I was trying to attend. I told them, and on Tuesday I got a direct message from them telling me they were trying to get me tickets to be a social reporter for the show. My first thought was “is this actually legit?!” But, sure enough, the person I was told to email had an official sonymusic.com email address, and a little bit of googling confirmed that this person did indeed work for Sony Music.

I got the official confirmation on Wednesday afternoon, the day before the show, that there were going to be two tickets waiting for me to pick up at will call on Thursday! I couldn’t believe it – just when I’d given up hope, this fell right into my lap. I guess it was meant to be!

As if all of this wasn’t exciting enough, on Thursday morning I got another email from the Sony Music rep, telling me he had something else for me. I got a phone call a few minutes later, and was told they’d arranged a meet and greet for me as well! They weren’t able to get one for my +1, but hey, one is better than none! We left a few minutes later and headed out on the highway to Hamilton. This was basically me as we were driving on the 401:

No, it wasn’t that bad. Better than driving in LA, at least.

We got to Hamilton at about 4pm, drove past the venue and saw Carrie’s tour buses (I knew for sure they were hers when I saw the Tennessee license plates), parked and walked around for a bit. Can’t say I’ll be rushing to visit Hamilton again anytime soon, although perhaps we just walked in a bad area. First thing I saw was a drunk man getting wheeled into an ambulance, and two police officers going into the ambulance a few minutes later, followed by two more police cars arriving. Haha. Needless to say, we turned around and got out of that area pretty quickly. We picked up the tickets, went to get dinner and tried to waste a bit of time while we waited for 5:30 to roll around. Then we went to get my meet and greet pass. There was a group of Smartwater winners in there, and the rep had a few extra passes from people who hadn’t shown up, but unfortunately the passes were non-transferable so she wasn’t able to give one to my +1. Mina came out and explained all the rules to us, and was super nice and accommodating as usual! (My stepmom is still raving about how nice and down-to-earth she was.)

Eventually we went inside, made a pit stop at the merch table (where I restrained myself from buying anything, since I’d already spent a fortune at my last show ), and waited to go in. I met two fan club members in line, TorontoLovesCarrie (whose name is escaping me at the moment) and a girl named Ashley (not sure what her username is). We chatted for a while about Carrie, and also about CMA Fest and how expensive it is to travel there.

Once we made it into the meet and greet room, and there was incense burning, pretty lights, and videos of Carrie playing (one of which was her HGTA performance with Vince), the nerves started to get to me. This wasn’t like my last meet and greet, where I’d brought a present, a letter, and fully planned out what to say. I thought about it a bit, and decided I’d ask her if she would be filming a video for “See You Again”. Once I got to the front of the line, I chatted with Mina a bit. She was talking about a little girl a few people ahead of me who was so quiet and shy meeting Carrie. I said it was so cute when Carrie used to bring up little kids on stage during All-American Girl, and she said one of the reasons they stopped doing that was because of one little girl who was so talkative and excited beforehand, but became absolutely terrified once she was on stage with Carrie. Lol. She said a lot of people (adults too) get so quiet when they meet Carrie, and I told her my story of forgetting to look at my photo last time because I was so flustered. Then it was my turn.

I went up to Carrie and shook her hand (forgot to even introduce myself). She looked at the picture I’d brought for her to sign (my last meet and greet photo), and I told her where that was from. While she was signing, I told her I loved her outfit, and she goes “oh, I need to do laundry!” Haha, yeah right, she literally looked perfect. Honestly, pictures do not do her justice. She is even prettier in person – perfect hair and makeup. Whatever her skin secret is, I want to know it, because she looked flawless. She finished signing and we went to take the photo, and she told me I could stand on whatever side I preferred. I asked for a hugging photo, and I think you can tell from my smile in the photo how excited I was. It was over before I knew it, and I was once again so flustered I forgot to look at my photo before I left. (And forgot to tell her everything I wanted to, like the fact that my two nieces, 3 and 5, are big fans of hers. They dance to “Good Girl” all the time. And I forgot to ask about the SYA video.)

After wading through the massive crowds in the arena, I finally found my seat. We were right beside the stage in the 100 level, on the side where Chad, Mark, Garrett, and Ed are. It was kind of cool seeing the show from this angle. I got to see some behind the scenes stuff – band members hanging out beside the stage before the show started, Hunter’s crew getting everything ready for him, Hunter running on stage (and waving to a few girls who were huge fans as he left the stage). Right before Carrie’s set, Andrea walked behind the stage and everyone in my area thought she was Carrie with her long blond hair. I knew that wasn’t going to be Carrie’s outfit, though!

The show itself was fantastic, as usual. I missed having DYTAM in the set, and was a bit surprised she didn’t sing SYA, but had a blast nonetheless. Highlights: “Undo It” was a surprise highlight. The band killed it on this one, and it was just so much fun singing along to it. At one point, I think it was before JTTW, Carrie pointed out a sign in the audience that said “You may be married to Mike Fisher, but I’m the real player”. She goes, “haha, thanks, I’ll pass that along.” Lol. Later on in the show, I thought Carrie was going to do “Sweet Emotion” because she came over to our side of the stage like she used to do at the beginning of SE, and they used the same red video screens that they used to use for SE. But she went into “Flat on the Floor” instead, which turned out to be another highlight. Carrie just kills it on that one. Of course, the knockout encore of “I Know You Won’t” and “Blown Away” is always a huge highlight. I love how crazy the crowd gets at the opening notes of BA.

It was a fantastic night, and I honestly couldn’t have asked for anything more. I can’t believe how lucky I was that not only was I able to get free tickets, but I got to meet Carrie again as well. (I even bought a lottery ticket yesterday since I was having so much good luck. You never know!)

I wasn’t able to get too many good pictures (obviously I need to practice using this camera not on auto), but here’s a few:

Last edited by epicamends; 03-31-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Awesome review and pics Jess!!!! SO happy for you.
    epicamends and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    awesome review! Your pictures are so great! wow! and that little baby in the JTTW picture is priceless. lol

I bet she is saving SYA for Idol maybe? She has to debut it there.

Concert Stars
    Thank you so much, Jess. It sounds like an awesome time!!!! You are one lucky girl! Do we get to see your pic with Carrie?
    epicamends likes this.

Oops, I forgot to link to the rest of the photos. Haha.

Blown Away Tour - Hamilton Photos by epicamends | Photobucket

Concert Stars
    Your pic with Carrie is beautiful!! ...and those pictures of the crowd are totally amazing!!!

Concert Stars
    Thanks for the review!
    epicamends likes this.

Concert Stars
    Jess, thanks so much for the wonderful review and pics. So glad you were able to go -- and free, and the meet and greet at that! Obviously, your persistence and fandom paid off!
    epicamends likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks for the review and pictures Jessica; great picture of you and Carrie.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Fantastic pics... So glad you got the M&G - Love the photo of you & Carrie
    epicamends likes this.

Concert Stars
    You are SOOO lucky! Your pic turned out great too!
    epicamends likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Loved your review and pics. I love reading reviews written by fans on here - I can just feel their excitement and relate to how they feel/felt as I get so excited everytime I get to see her in concert or even an award show - so thrilled for you and awesome how it all worked out for you! Hopefully you'll get to see many more!!
    epicamends likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Great review and pics.I love seeing the big crowds!

thanks for sharing
    epicamends likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Jess.
    epicamends likes this.

My stepmom is still raving about the show. She's telling her friends that if they ever get the chance to see Carrie in concert, buy tickets - it's well worth it! And she said that Carrie was much better in concert than Reba, who she saw a few years ago.

Concert Stars
    thanks for the great review and pics!
    epicamends likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I'm so happy that you got to attend the show after all. And I'm so jealous you got a M&G. lol. Thanks for the review and the pics. Your pics turned out way better than mine. (I suck at taking pictures.)
    epicamends likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower neidolfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow! What a great experience you had! Thanks so much for sharing! Sometimes, the best things in life are totally unplanned. So glad it all worked out!
    epicamends likes this.

•