Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree22Likes
  • 12 Post By allirishgirl
  • 1 Post By bearball49
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 1 Post By epicamends
  • 1 Post By liz278
  • 2 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By allirishgirl
  • 2 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By robinannhunt

Thread: My Belfast, Northern Ireland review

Concert Stars

My Belfast, Northern Ireland review

We got to Belfast a littleearlier than expected, even if we did take a few wrong turns when wegot to the city! We went to the hotel but it was before check in sowe decided to go to the Titanic exhibition. We had planned to do iton Saturday but decided since we had time to kill we would go do itthen. We arrived at the exhibition & got out tix. This lady thatworks there sen me walking past & pointed at my hoodie to say“you guys just missed her by 20 mins, she was just here!” I wasgutted! I won't lie, I never thought of the possibility of justbumping into Carrie on the street. When the woman told me that I wishshe had just kept her mouth shut! But no, she proceeded to tell meall the details of carries trip to the exhibition! That they got aguided tour and it took them about 2 hours to complete that they wentto the souvenir shop & picked out all they wanted befor they wentback for teh soundcheck. The exhibition was amazing & if anyoneis over this side of he pond in the near future I would highlyrecommend it! Off we went to get ready for the night! We were stayingin the Hilton. Right around the corner from the Waterfront. Asmichelle was staring out the window she said come here quick! Therewere people loading into a mini van from backstage!! It was theband!!!!! I tried to open the window but it was one of thise stupidones that only opend about an inch! I could clearly see Chad, Andrea& Mark! So now we were ready we went downstairs to go to theHall. We met two girls - Karen & Grace who I tweet with! In allour tweeting we never thought to ask where eachother were sitting!Well the answer to that, we soon found out! Right beside eachother!They were lovely girls from Scotland! Grace had a M&G with Carriebefore the show! We had a great chat! As I was taking a pic of tehcrowd an usher came over & said “Sorry, but we are going tohave to ask you not to use that camera” I was shocked as I had noreal problem with it in Dublin. They did ask me in Dublin to turn offthe flash. I asked her could I use it if I didnt use the flash, Shesaid the zoom on it was also a problem. So then I asked her if Icould use it if I didn't use the flash or zoom. She went to asksomeone else.......NO! All I could use was my phone! The peoplebehind were shocked that she said no! They also told the whole crowdno standing during teh performance!!

So Carrie took to the stageto rapturous applause once more! I wont bore you guys wuth the setlist as it was the same as Dublin but I will say that Wasted was onceagain an amazing performance!!
    As some of you knew from theFC there was going to be a surprise proposal!! As soon as Carriefinished Some Hearts she said that she loves to sing that as it is ahappy love song & that it makes her think of this guy she haswaiting for her back home! And that she thinks they make a prettygreat couple!! She then said she haerd that there was another specialcouple in the audience! Terry & Rachel. She called them onstage.Handed the mic to Terry & he proposed to Rachel!! Awwww!!! Youhave all seen the YT videos by now, I assume? Carrie has a littletear! She congratulated them & said that she was the worst secretkeeper in the world! She was worried that she was going to give itaway all show!! As Carrie came to our side of the stage she stoodright infront of us & I got a wave & a wink! I think she seenmy FC tshirt!
    When Carrie finished upJTTW/HGTA she got a standing O!! Screw the ushers that told us nostanding! Carrie made fun of Ed by saying that she was the worstdancer in the world......then looked at Ed and changed her mind!Saying his idea of dancing was basicallt shifting his weight from oneside to the other! As Carrie was standing infromt of us Michelletrurned to me & said “a, mel them legs are savage! She cantotally pull off the fake leather trouser look!!” I bent overlaughing. Sha asked me what was so funny & I told her how mostpeople on here envy Carries legs!So Small was possibly theperformance of the night! Again Carrie came ourside of the stage &she looked right at me & waved! 2 waves & a wink! I almostdied! She said something about the irish weather..... it was raining,It always rains here even in summer & she laughed! When Carriesang IKYW Michelle turned to me and said that it was her newfavourite Carrie song! Prettty good taste if I do say so myself!Carrie walked off stage saying thank you & that she cant wait tocome back! The BlownAwayTourIreland had reached its end! As we werewalking out teh arena I asked one of the stage guys for a set listsheet. He gane me Chads!

Guys I am having internetissues so I cannot upload my pics just yet. It is way too slow todayfor some reason! I wanted to get the reviews up before it was toolate! As soon as I get the internet issues resolved I will uploadthem!

This sure was an adventure!667Km driving around the country to follow Carrie! You guys may beglad to hear that unlike London (ah, memories) I managed not to loseanything this time......except for maybe my voice!! I call this asuccessful road trip!

pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0a8f88fad4
    Last edited by allirishgirl; 03-18-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I really enjoyed your review So glad you enjoyed yourselves and also glad that Carrie was so warmly welcomed there. With her being shy and a little lacking in confidence, she needs to be reassured that people want her to be there and enjoy her music. Kind of sucks that they only allowed camera phones.....I hate it whn security is so anal that you can not stand. It really brings down the energy kevel of the concert and it is kind of like a feeding frenzy. The more the crowd is able to participate and enjoy the music, the more the entertainer gets into it with everyone benefitting.
    robinannhunt likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Thank you for your review !
    allirishgirl likes this.

Great review! Sucks about the annoying security, though. I had to argue with security at one of my Carrie shows here during the PO Tour because they were convinced that my camera was pro, but it wasn't. lol. Luckily here they didn't say anything about not standing. I love standing, especially at Carrie shows, and especially when you're on the floor!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thank you for the review. I am so glad that you all got to experience Carrie first hand. It's a one of a kind experience!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    you guys are welcome I am working on the pics as we speak! Dublin pics added to first post in Dublin thread

Carrie Guru
    Thanks for all your reviews Melissa. Bummer about the venue ushers. Glad you were still able to have a wonderful time. Who would have thought, when you first joined this board, that you'd be writing so many reviews about your Carrie concert experiences on your side of the world.
    robinannhunt and allirishgirl like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Thanks for all your reviews Melissa. Bummer about the venue ushers. Glad you were still able to have a wonderful time. Who would have thought, when you first joined this board, that you'd be writing so many reviews about your Carrie concert experiences on your side of the world.

not me! I didnt mind the pic thing at all cos it gave me a better chance to watch the show properly than through a lens!
    robinannhunt likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    I really enjoyed your review So glad you enjoyed yourselves and also glad that Carrie was so warmly welcomed there. With her being shy and a little lacking in confidence, she needs to be reassured that people want her to be there and enjoy her music. Kind of sucks that they only allowed camera phones.....I hate it whn security is so anal that you can not stand. It really brings down the energy kevel of the concert and it is kind of like a feeding frenzy. The more the crowd is able to participate and enjoy the music, the more the entertainer gets into it with everyone benefitting.
    I feel as you do, that's why I will never go to another concert at the Foxwoods MGM. My daughter, granddaughter and I attended Carrie's Carnival Ride concert there, and with all their restrictions "sit down" "no camera" "no camera phone"...it really took the fun out of the concert.

Concert Stars
    just letting you guys know I added a link to the pics to the first post These are only from my phone so there are not many

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Loveeee your review.
    I would have been devastated too o know I missed her by minutes at the exhibit (would love to see it btw).
    I have no doubt Carrie most likely recognized you in the audience.She has a mind like a steel trap for faces.lol
    So, so weird they would not let you stand. What is it with these smaller venues and standing? Do.Not.Get.

She so can pull off the pleather.

thanks for sharing
    robinannhunt and allirishgirl like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    At her Ravinia show in the Chicago area they did not allow standing. They have a diverse crowd and most of the time the crowd doesn't stand. Maybe it surprised them. The second day we all stood anyway.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Loveeee your review.
    I would have been devastated too o know I missed her by minutes at the exhibit (would love to see it btw).
    I have no doubt Carrie most likely recognized you in the audience.She has a mind like a steel trap for faces.lol
    So, so weird they would not let you stand. What is it with these smaller venues and standing? Do.Not.Get.

She so can pull off the pleather.

thanks for sharing

Thanks D!
    I told the lady at the exhibition that I hated her after she told me we missed Carrie! She was really nice & we had a great laugh with her!
    I am just sorting through my Titanic pics at the moment! I will be uploading them later tonight
    I did tell Carrie in my M&G that I would be seeing her in Belfast too

•