• 1 Post By allirishgirl
  • 4 Post By allirishgirl
  • 1 Post By Suellen
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By rainbow1

Thread: My Dublin, Ireland review :)

Concert Stars

My Dublin, Ireland review :)

Hey guys sorry this has taken so longto put up! But here is my review of carries Blown Away Tour stops in Ireland!

DUBLIN

So it all started early on Thursday morning. I left for Dublin at 9am and got there around 11:30. Met my friend Michelle who was going to both concerts with me, went to the appartment of another friend who we were staying with as she lives closer to the Olympia. We got ready and headed to the Olympia about 5:30. Got there and I went to get my pass.....There seemed to be a big delay as while we were waiting one of Carries crew members came in to talk to 4 American ladies who he seemed to know really well and I could over hear him say that they had spent from 2pm-6pm in soundcheck. Eventually we were brought in for the M&G. I was last in line. Here is my M&G experience.

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/con...xperience.html (My Dublin Meet & Greet experience :))

Now onto the show! We were front row standing, just to the right hand side of the mic. The last song they played before Carrie came on was She's Country......next the band took the stage & the crowd erupted! We knew Carrie was coming next! The big screen behind played segments of Blown Away. Next thing I could see this blonde head peep out from the left side of the stage......She arrived to rapturous applause & screaming! Good Girl was the opener! She nailed it.....what else would you expect!!next was Undo It & of course we obliged when we were asked to sing along!! Wasted was definitely a highlight! Impeccable vocals &i do love the fiddle part! Jimmy is a little crazy! Quitter came next .......that was a surprise and an amazing performance! She got too hot so she took off her jacket.

Carrie slowed things down by introducing ITYS saying that she wore out her sisters cassette tapes, this was one of my favourite performances of the night!Michelle said at the end of the night that it was her favourite performance too! Next on the hit list was TBC (btw yay for getting to#1 today!!) Some Hearts was up next & oh so sweet sounding! Her vocals were out of this world so far! She finished off this segment with Last Name......unbelievable!! Again, Jimmy is a little crazy!Good crazy! I was loving it!

Carrie introduces TH & JTTW by saying they are songs that she loves to sing these songs. And oh, my,god,.....JTTW/HGTA.....i have no words to describe it! Everyone were in awe! CC got the crowd up on their feet again! Two lads just behind me were wearing Stetsons that had Carrie on them in silver...they threw one up to her but it missed the stage one of the arena workers handed it to Carrie & she put it on for a couple of seconds

The AAG, NETY, OWT LLA section of theshow was next......the crowd seriously couldnt have been any moreinto it!! AAG & OWT particularly stood out! LLA was rocking!

Carrie then introduced a song by saying that someone asked her to include it in tonights show.....I almost died when she sang So Small!! My favourie song of ALL TIME, EVER! Iwas not expecting to hear it at all as it was not in the US tour! Ijust stood still glued to the floor I was standing on.....mesmerising! Picking things back up with FOTF another one of my stand out performances of the night! CGAS was next & I gottasay Carries facial expressions during this one were priceless! She introduced the band and we knew we were coming to the end! She askedus to sing along if we knew the words......BHC. What Queen Carrie asks her Irish fans were more than happy to oblige! We sang at the top of our voices & then Carrie was gone!

We started a ”CARRIE” chant!! About1 min later she came back for IKYW.....possibly the vocal performance of the night! She finished up blowing us away with BlownAway....Carrie said goodbye, thank you etc and it was all over ......We stayed to talk to a few fans who were beside us the entire time.The two boys from Belfast Joel & Rey 4 girls from Belfast & some English fans. Carrie fans from all over Europe were in Dublin for the concert! I also seen tweets from German, Finnish & French fans!! I think that speaks volumes of her European market!! We went to the merch stand where I bought all the merch they had that I didnt already have! I always wanted the hoodie but figured it would take too long to ship and they had it there so I was delighted! Got the tour book, beanie hat & a bracelet too. We left, went for some food & I asked Michelle her honest opinion of the night. Michelle is a”casual” Carrie fan....She said at first she thought Carrie was lip syncing!! Needless to say I put her straight on that! She said it was the second best concert she was ever at!! See,Michelle is a huge fan of The Boss and just like for me no live act can top Carrie, for Michelle no live act can top Bruce! I think I can forgive her lol We went back to the apartment. I was on a Carrie high! I could not sleep! I was so pumped after meeting Carrie,getting a tweet from her & being front row! Michelle went to bed& I stayed up tweeting lol I think I got to sleep around 4;30 with my alarm set for 8:30 to get up & ready myself to be Blown Away in Belfast!!

finally here are the pics!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=bdebab1588
    Last edited by allirishgirl; 03-17-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks for this review, Mel! I saw some Dublin videos on YouTube and it seemed like a rockin', rowdy crowd. Love it!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Adding pics to first post now!

Concert Stars
    Thanks for the photos. You got some good pics!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Thanks for the photos. You got some good pics!

thank you they would not allow me to use the flash so they are not as good as they could have been! Belfast ones being uploaded now
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Thanks for the review and pics. I'm so happy you had such a great time. Sounds like Carrie won your friend over too. Your pics came out really good... and wow, at how close you were to Carrie.

Concert Stars
    I will have more pics tomorrow if FB is nicer to me than it was today! Well Michelle always liked Carrie.....granted not as much as I do but she was shocked at how Carrie hit all the big notes & sounded great both nights! i forgot to include this in my review but at the end of the first concert Michelle turned to me & said " I don't know how she has a voice left after a show!"

We were front row both nights! Could I have asked for more? In a word: No!

Concert Stars
    Thanks for your review and the great pictures.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    A Carrie chant!! ...I love you.

Sounds like a great show and I'm jealous you all got SS,Quitter and HGTA.I love them all!

tfp
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Michelle, you are so good to us!!! Great pics and review!! I still think you should try the tea pot pig!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    A Carrie chant!! ...I love you.

Sounds like a great show and I'm jealous you all got SS,Quitter and HGTA.I love them all!

tfp

yup! from she left until she came back out for the encore

I was soooooooooo delighted Carrie done SS!! It is my fave song of all time!

•