Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: My Dublin Meet & Greet experience :)

Concert Stars

My Dublin Meet & Greet experience :)

Well, what can I say? Crazy dreamsreally do come true! I really don't know if I can even put this wholething into words.....but I am going to try!

We got to the Olympia around 5:45 asthe M&G email said to be there by 6 at the latest. It was atleast 7:30 before we were called into the stadium. As per Robin,Donna & Robin I tried to be as far back in the queue as possible.Turns out I was last! You could not see Carrie until you walkedaround the corner after you were called. There were 14 in the M&G10 FC winners & 4 Americans who seemed to know somebody inCarries crew. I really wasn't nervous all day until there was onlyone other preson (Pamela) in front of me.

So, now I was called.....heart racing,palms sweaty & full of nervous excitement! I turned the corner &seen Carrie, she was dressed in black & white. I said “hi, itsgreat to finally have you come to Ireland”and shook herhand...happy birthday!..I was too flustered to hug her! She said Hi,thank you and something else which I cannot quite remember. I handedher my London ticket which I was getting her to sign and a blackSharpie but she was already holding one so I said "oh, youalready have one!” *facepalm* Stating the obvious is a talent Ipossess!
    I gave her my present which was anIrish National soccer jersey with her name & Mikes number on theback, a pair of shamrock sunglasses and a number plate that said ILove Ireland (she didnt open any presents) I hope she likes it!

I asked her if she was enjoying hertime in Ireland to which she replied she was (SCORE!) that the peoplehad been so good to her. Then I got flustered & words would notcome out of my mouth! All I could say was "I'm sorry I can't getany words out .........I'm sorry I can't get any words out " Imust have said that about 10 times! She told me to relax & that Iwould get them out.....she couldn't have been more patient! So Ipulled myself together and told her why I was getting the Londonticket signed....you all know the story behind that, right? LOLCarrie was surprised to hear of my "ordeal" She said shechecks her bag like 20 times a day to make sure she has her passport!(who would pay to see Carries passport picture?!)

I then went on to tell her about thesigned CD Robin got me from her M&G (a few days before theIreland dates were announced....she laughed) She smiled & saidthat was great! I then found good form and had more questions for her

As you guys seen, she tweeted a pic ofa pint of Guinness. I asked Carrie if she really drank it...cos itsrotten! She said she did but only the half of the pint & that shehad had it before in the US on St Patricks Day! But that it tastednicer here!! I said yeah, people say it tastes nicer here &especially that it tastes nicer in the Guinness Storehouse. I askedCarrie if she was having any trouble understanding the Irish accent,she said she wasnt

Now we went for out pic! I was sosurprised to see the Blown Away background! I did not think theywould bring it with them! We stood for our pic. I couldnt pluck upthe courage to ask for a hugging pic! My bottom jaw was shaking. Iswear I could hear my teeth chattering!! The photographer took ourpic & I said thank you, turned to Carrie & said "goodbye,itwas lovey meeting you, see you again tomorrow" as I was going tothe Belfast show also, she said “awesome, it was nice to meet youtoo.”

I was so nervous I forgot to look atmy pic with Carrie even though the photographer told me it was alovely pic! Then I went out & took my place in the pit......allM&G winners were let in straight away and whoever was standingwere guaranteed front row!

So as I stood waiting for the concertto start I tweeted “Just met @carrieunderwood I shook like & aleaf & she couldnt have been any nicer #BlownAwayTourIreland#CarrieTour” two mins after I tweeted that Carrie tweeted back toa previous tweet I sent that day! One of me & my friend Michellejust heading out to the Olympia! So within the space of 20 mins I gotto meet Carrie, get a tweet from her & be front row for her firstgig in Ireland! I dont think the day could have been any moreperfect!!

Here are some pics of my present toCarrie, my sign for the night & my pic with Carrie.....my reviewwill come later on today as I have yet to upload the pics. We went ona little roadtrip on the way home so I will get them up later on!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my M&GEncounter

My present to Carrie.....an Irish national soccer jersey

My sign for the concert

My M&G pic with Carrie

xor
    thats a nice read.. im so happy for you
    allirishgirl likes this.

Love it! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like things couldn't have gone much more perfectly. What an amazing first encounter with Carrie!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Congratulations on all of your FIRSTS! Your meet and greet recap was wonderful! Gorgeous pic too!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    So so thrilled for you and what a darling pic of the two of you!!! Your gifts were so thought out and perfect and I'm sure she'll love them and can hardly wait to read your review as this was such a good read!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    great report and i love the gifts, the sign, and the beautiful pic with Carrie!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Wow! What a fantastic day you had Melissa! It sounds perfect! Thank you for sharing.....your sign and gifts were spot on as well! Your picture is lovely, one that I know you will cherish forever.

P.S: Happy St Patrick's Day!!! Erin Go Bragh!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Happy St. Patrick's Day, Melissa!!! Thank you for sharing your most wonderful day ever!!! You did so well with your questions to her....and your gifts were perfect! I love your beautiful picture!!!! Thank you!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So happy you got to meet Carrie and that you had a great time without all the drama of London.
    allirishgirl and robinannhunt like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    finally got to read this recap. i am very happy for you!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    I loved reading about your m & g! I am also glad you got to see Carrie in concert. it's something that I hope all Carrie fans to experience!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Mel, thanks so much for the great M&G recap and the wonderful pics! Your gift and sign were perfect! Great job! Your pic with Carrie is beautiful -- you are even color-cooridinated with her! So happy you had such wonderful day -- and in your home Country! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks everyone! I am glad you enjoyed reading this! It will not let me multiquote for some strange reason!
    I am just about to put up my reviews!

Concert Stars
    What a fantastic story! I'm so happy for you..
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Happy St. Patrick Day to you and so happy you finally had a M&G with Carrie; she is going to love the Irish national soccer jersey you gave her. Great picture of you and Carrie.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie was right. Irish fans are adorable.

So happy for you, Mel!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Melissa, happy to hear you had such a good time.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^^ Thanks guys! We are trying to come up with a way of keeping her! i am having Carrie withdrawals already

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    So happy that you got to meet Carrie and hear her live in concert! I love the presents you gave her, and your pic with her is sweet! You are adorable!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I'm so happy for you Melissa! I can't believe that you finally got to meet Carrie after all this time. I love the presents you got her, I'm sure she will too. Congrats on keeping you cool long enough to at least have a decent conversation with her that you could actually remember. lol.
    allirishgirl likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast