Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: [Mar 26 2013] Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center

Junior Carrie Follower AmazingCarrie's Avatar
    Jeff Miers is a joke. He ate up Rihanna's concert like a horny prepubescent boy drooling over her costumes, he even placed Rihanna in the same Category as Madonna. LOL That right there, was enough to prove he has no taste when it comes to music. Rihanna sucked in Buffalo, plus she was overly late and even though she didn't end her show early, it was still a dud. Carrie was on point! Buffalo loved her! Blown Away is the best Concert of Carrie's I have been to since she has been to WNY and Nashville!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingCarrie View Post
    Jeff Miers is a joke. He ate up Rihanna's concert like a horny prepubescent boy drooling over her costumes, he even placed Rihanna in the same Category as Madonna. LOL That right there, was enough to prove he has no taste when it comes to music. Rihanna sucked in Buffalo, plus she was overly late and even though she didn't end her show early, it was still a dud. Carrie was on point! Buffalo loved her! Blown Away is the best Concert of Carrie's I have been to since she has been to WNY and Nashville!
    You know the really sad part about this, is that there was maybe ONE note sung live at a Rihanna concert and yet Carrie sings her heart out every single performance!

AmazingCarrie likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hausofpopmusic View Post
    Does anyone know if she sang See You Again or what the official setlist was. It seems like it's been changing for every show!
    I was at the concert - she didn't sing See You Again and I was so looking forward to it - she sang Remind Me - I think that was the one that was substituted when she sang SYA- Carrie did an amazing job as usual - her vocals were spot on - she didn't do much chatter as she did last time I saw her, I always love that, but I noticed her voice was hoarse when she did talk so perhaps she was saving it as much as possible - I sat in the way back and up and it was alot of fun to see the whole picture with all the screens, etc. The one thing I didn't like was having the band in semi darkness for the whole concert except when the guitarists went on the rising platform or when a member came out to play with Carrie- I really love to watch them play and my daughter mentioned it too - The audience was totally into the concert - there were three girls in cowboy hats in front of us just rocking away to every song, i t was great to be surrounded by that Carrie love vibe from all her fans, just having a blast - She looked so beautiful in all her dresses, just a stunning woman. The ending was spectacular with the projections of Blown Away then I Know You Won't and finally Blown Away - extremely impressive. Loved all the interludes with the band when she was changing

songs not in order - Good Girl, Wasted, Cowboy Casanova,Last Name,I Told You so,Remind Me,Temporary Home,Jesus Take the Wheel,Leave Love Alone(without Hunter) Two Black Cadillacs,One Way Ticket,Nobody Ever Told You,Before He Cheats,
    Blown Away, I Know You Won't, Cupid's Got a Shotgun, Flat on the Floor,Get Out of This Town have to keep thinking there may be more
    DaisyTweets and Pi314CA like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ she didn't do SYA?That doesn't make sense.

Dump RM and put in SYA Carrie!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    All the fans loved it, and of course, the critic didn't. Sigh. Underwood sings flawlessly but lacks spontaneity - Life & Arts - The Buffalo News

I hate when people say she's disconnected to her music and to the audience. But I would love to see her in an intimate setting, too.
    I didn't want to give his review more hits but I wanted to read the comments . . . great comments by everyone!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ she didn't do SYA?That doesn't make sense.

Dump RM and put in SYA Carrie!

ITA. I wonder if they are pulling SYA until the AI performance?? I guess we'll find out if she performs it at her next concert.

For those looking for the attendance numbers...the Arena holds 18,690. Take away the part of the arena that's cut off because of the stage but then add in all the floor seats and you've got between 16,000 - 18,000 at least. In other words, it was a full house. They even added additional floor seats the day before the show (they were added to the very back of the floor seats). Those seats were full, too. What a show!!!! I could watch her every day and it'd never get old.
    liz278 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    she is getting SOOOOOOOOO much love on twitter! Wow! I haven't seen people this excited after a Carrie concert since the LA Staples center!

It must be because she has never booked Buffalo before. She really needs to go there more often as they have a big country station.
    She hasn't played in Buffalo at the Arena, but she came to Hamburg, NY for her Some Hearts Tour. She played the Erie County Fair, which is only a few minutes from Buffalo. We've definitely had a chance to see her, but not since the beginning. The show at the Fair was amazing. That was her first tour right after Idol to promote her first album and she stayed afterwards for hours to sign autographs and take pictures with every single fan in line.
    Last edited by AmazingCarrie; 03-27-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    liz278 likes this.

The Audience was “Blown Away”

Carrie Underwood and Hunter Hayes perform at First Niagara Center for 20,000 fans

There was a dress code in Buffalo on Tuesday night: Cowboy boots, white lace dresses, cowboy hats resting on top of bouncy, curly hair and lots of denim.

Carrie Underwood performed with special guest star Hunter Hayes at the First Niagara Center on Tuesday to a crowd of around 20,000 country music fans on her Blown Away Tour.

Hayes started the show on a low note by informing the audience he had a sore throat and would need its help to sing his chart topping hits. That wasn’t a problem for the audience, as he started his set with “Somebody’s Heartbreak” and held the microphone out to the masses.

The audience let out a resounding cheer as Hayes sat down at the piano and played the first few notes of “Wanted,” his current hit single. The voices of thousands of fans came together in unison and sang the chart-topping hit’s chorus as Hayes played along.

Hayes concluded his set with a twang as he sang Storm Warning,”and despite the issues he had, Hayes gave the song his all and thanked the fans “for being too good to him.” If anything, at the end of his short set, the fans had more of a sore throat than Hayes.

“I won’t be able to talk for a day,” said Holly Loveless, a junior at Utica College, who attended the concert with her boyfriend.

The country music fan waited anxiously, along with the rest of the stadium, for 45 minutes until Carrie Underwood started her performance.

It has been 10 months since Underwood’s latest album, Blown Away, was released in May 2012 and fans couldn’t wait to hear her sing their favorite songs.
    When the lights went out, Underwood enthusiasts screamed as three movable screens appeared on stage. The screens showed the six-time Grammy winner strutting through desolate farmland and then running from a tornado accompanied by her five-person band.

Another screen rose from the floor with the projection of a door, and Underwood boldly entered singing “Good Girl” in a shiny royal purple gown that showed off her long legs.

Underwood and her fans clapped and sang along to her 2010 single from Play On, “Undo It,” her 2007 single “Wasted” and two of her new songs – “I Told You So” and “Two Black Cadillacs” – without a break before a welcoming “How’s it going Buffalo?” from Underwood.

Her rendition of “Two Black Cadillacs” maintained the exuberance as wind blew up from the stage floor, giving theAmerican Idol winner an aura of confidence and control over the audience that would last for the duration of the performance.

Renee Sowden, 52, has been following Underwood since she was on the hit show on Fox, and she loved every bit of the performance.
    “To see her now, in person, is so cool. All of her songs are beautiful; I can’t even pick a favorite,” Sowden said.

After a quick wardrobe change, Underwood brought the energy in the room down to a low buzz as she mentioned the $1 donation to Red Cross that came with every ticket purchase. Underwood expressed that, as a star, she “might as well help others, because that’s what we were put on this planet to do: to help each other out.”

Underwood continued the heartwarming spirit by introducing her next couple of songs as tracks that have meant the most to her throughout her musical career: CMT award-winning song “Temporary Home” and 2005 hit single “Jesus Take the Wheel.”

The spell Underwood put over the audience was chilling as she sang “Jesus Take the Wheel.” Although many spectators took a seat, they participated by swaying their arms in the air in support of the emotional star.

For Loveless, the song held almost as meaning as it did to Underwood. “[Jesus Take the Wheel] was my favorite song she performed,” Loveless said. “It’s a family and religious thing, but it really meant a lot to me that she sang that one.”

Underwood underwent another quick outfit change after performing another song, reemerging with jean shorts, a t-shirt and a long frayed vest, singing “Get Out of This Town.” She and three band members then walked to a wooden fenced-off area in the front of the stage, where it slowly rose off the stage and floated into the audience.

The songstress ran through a few other songs – including the Grammy award-winning “Before He Cheats” – before closing out the show with her emotional hit single, “Blown Away.” It was a dramatic conclusion, complete with a video of a tornado ripping through a home behind her, real paper flying around the stage, a funnel of smoke bellowing behind her and artificial wind blowing her hair. The set up made Underwood look invincible.

Fans screamed the emotional lyrics along with her, creating a reverberating effect throughout the stadium. Before she left the stage, she signed a 7-year-old girl’s cowboy hat and blew a kiss to her audience.

The performance left the members of the audience smiling and even converted an old-time country music fan to “Team Underwood.”

Renee’s husband, Torrey Sowden, 52, is an old-school country music fan. But after sitting through the concert with his wife, he has a new found appreciation for the entertainment value of new-school country music.

“Normally, [country music singers] just get on stage, sit and then play songs, but with Carrie Underwood, it’s a whole theatrical thing,” he said. “It was beautiful and awesome.”
    Underwood will also be performing at the WFCU Centre in Windsor, Canada on March 29.

The Audience was ?Blown Away? - Arts - The Spectrum - The University of Buffalo

•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345