Thread: [Mar 17 2013] London, England - Country to Country festival

Carrie Guru

[Mar 17 2013] London, England - Country to Country festival

Start time: 7:30pm
    Opening act: Hunter Hayes
    Tickets are 35.00 - 65.00

Home Country 2 Country
    Manchs likes this.

I stopped tracking ticket sales for this show. It just leads to disappointment. lol
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    I stopped tracking ticket sales for this show. It just leads to disappointment. lol
    Are the sales really bad?

Huge Carrie Follower
    THe sales are pretty bad there??

Concert Stars
    Manchs-- are the tickets better for Tim McGraw then Carrie's show? I hope it is not a huge difference.

I realize he is more established overseas and has toured UK, Europe, etc many times. So I expect his tickets to sell more then Carrie's. But I hope Carrie's show is not an embarassingly poor turnout.

Are you sure it is that bad?? If it was, wouldn't they have to cancel?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Concert Stars
    This says the One pass to both days is sold out, so that is encouraging. Checking individual tickets now.

C2C: Country to Country

I can't exactly say if they are that bad, but there's so many seats still available. It's ridiculous. Like, 12 blocks with several seats available suddenly stopped selling. On the other hand, more floor tickets are on sale. When you think an entire block is sold out, it's not, because they open tickets all the time. Floor tickets seemed to be sold out months ago but they have opened more tickets. So only God knows how many tickets have been sold... The axs.com/c2c link barely sells... and on TicketMaster they opened more blocks... while others are not selling anymore (and I'm sure it's not because they sold out, because they were not even close to it, like, an entire section went black). There were 12 blocks with tickets available. Now there are 8, because we have now 3 new blocks selling tickets. They closed 7 blocks and opened 3. And the closed tickets outnumber the new seats by far.

If you guys go to https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopper...2f27a&skin=c2c and see the "sold-out" Level 4A and 4B areas (it's a pretty good amount of tickets), out of the 24 black blocks (12 big blocks and 12 small blocks), around 3 big blocks and 2 small blocks were really sold out before everything went black overnight. The same blocks were selling on TicketMaster and it went from having several tickets available to no tickets available like in one day. They probably closed those blocks because they were not selling much.

And Tee, I don't know how Tim's show is doing now. To be honest, I don't want to see. Last time I checked, his show was really close to selling out. The difference was pretty huge. I'd say there are just a few blocks available on both sites. I do believe they also opened new tickets for Tim's show, but his show was selling way better since the beginning.

I could be totally wrong, but judging from the amount of tickets available... it's disappointing, IMO. Carrie's just not huge yet to sell out The O2, and the line-up is terrible. The final numbers could be a total surprise, though.

And yeah, the weekend tickets have sold out several times. I would say Tim McGraw played a huge part cause his show was selling quite well. I may be completely wrong with both sites totally fooling me, but I'm just not feeling it. I've been tracking this since January and since then, things haven't been that exciting.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Well, I expected Tim to sell more, as he is an established international star, and Carrie waited too long (imo) to start breaking out overseas. Plus Tim has been around much longer then Carrie-- by 20 years. lol So it is like expecting carrie to sell the same amount of tickets as Kenny Chesney. Not gonna happen. lol

But hopefully-- Carrie got a respectable amount of sales. As long as the percentage unsold is not massive-- like 50% or something-- then this is still a WIN WIN for Carrie since she is doing a HUGE arena in London for the first time.

I expected Carrie to sell to a halfhouse arena at the O2 arena as it is simply WAY TOO BIG for Carrie at this stage in her career overseas. She is fine doing 5-8k venues in London for awhile like the Royal Albert Hall she sold out.

But for her to get to headline the O2 arena this early in her career (international career that is)-- is still a BIG THRILL and honor for Carrie. So I am still happy she is part of this.

Let's hope the people from the first night have such a great time at Tim's show that they decide to come on Sunday too.

Leanne Rimes is still well known overseas due to her pop remixed albums, right? Shouldn't she be helping sales?

Well, I am going to that one - just for Carrie! My seats are really crap though - I bought them one week ago, and not much was really available! Nevermind, I just can't wait to see her live, I've been a fan since JTTW.

I think people are having a bigger expectations than what should be expected. This is a country festival. Country is not big in the UK like pop is. Carrie is holding her own especially with the limited exposure she has had over there. Even if she doesn't sell like Tim does, it still brings more fans to listen to Carrie than before. I don't think they expected with days to fill up the 02 arena. This is baby steps

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Well, I expected Tim to sell more, as he is an established international star, and Carrie waited too long (imo) to start breaking out overseas. Plus Tim has been around much longer then Carrie-- by 20 years. lol So it is like expecting carrie to sell the same amount of tickets as Kenny Chesney. Not gonna happen. lol

But hopefully-- Carrie got a respectable amount of sales. As long as the percentage unsold is not massive-- like 50% or something-- then this is still a WIN WIN for Carrie since she is doing a HUGE arena in London for the first time.

I expected Carrie to sell to a halfhouse arena at the O2 arena as it is simply WAY TOO BIG for Carrie at this stage in her career overseas. She is fine doing 5-8k venues in London for awhile like the Royal Albert Hall she sold out.

But for her to get to headline the O2 arena this early in her career (international career that is)-- is still a BIG THRILL and honor for Carrie. So I am still happy she is part of this.

Let's hope the people from the first night have such a great time at Tim's show that they decide to come on Sunday too.

Leanne Rimes is still well known overseas due to her pop remixed albums, right? Shouldn't she be helping sales?
    To be honest, I don't think LeAnn has a career. x)

Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    I think people are having a bigger expectations than what should be expected. This is a country festival. Country is not big in the UK like pop is. Carrie is holding her own especially with the limited exposure she has had over there. Even if she doesn't sell like Tim does, it still brings more fans to listen to Carrie than before. I don't think they expected with days to fill up the 02 arena. This is baby steps
    We know that, it's just sad when you have several blocks with lots of tickets still available. If it was a smaller venue, I think I'd be pretty much ok with it... but it's the O2, y'know? Lots of tickets available. Had them released idk like half the amount, things would look better. x) Quite funny the baby steps thing, cause when you think about it, her first two venues are the Royal Albert Hall and the O2

I do think Carrie could end up with reasonable numbers... but idk about the %.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    To be honest, I don't think LeAnn has a career. x)

We know that, it's just sad when you have several blocks with lots of tickets still available. If it was a smaller venue, I think I'd be pretty much ok with it... but it's the O2, y'know? Lots of tickets available. Had them released idk like half the amount, things would look better. x) Quite funny the baby steps thing, cause when you think about it, her first two venues are the Royal Albert Hall and the O2

I do think Carrie could end up with reasonable numbers... but idk about the %.
    ha ha so true! Royal Albert Hall is where Adele did her big DVD concert which got her another Grammy. lol And it was stunning from her DVD (I bought) and Carrie's youtube videos. Such a gorgeous prestigious venue.

then to do O2 arena right after that is pretty dang great...as you said. So you are right: they didn't exactly go slowly. lol

ha ha-- about Leanne Rimes- yes she does more bikini modeling on the beach lately then singing, but I do hope for her sake that her new album does ok. She really does have a great voice.
    They need to do more TV spots in London though, and it is too bad the Grammys keep cutting out the country slots when they air in London. Otherwise Carrie would have had 6 major performances shown in London by now. All they saw so far-- was her Michael Jackson tribute.

why can't she ever do XFactor UK or some other shows?

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ha ha so true! Royal Albert Hall is where Adele did her big DVD concert which got her another Grammy. lol And it was stunning from her DVD (I bought) and Carrie's youtube videos. Such a gorgeous prestigious venue.

then to do O2 arena right after that is pretty dang great...as you said. So you are right: they didn't exactly go slowly. lol

ha ha-- about Leanne Rimes- yes she does more bikini modeling on the beach lately then singing, but I do hope for her sake that her new album does ok. She really does have a great voice.
    They need to do more TV spots in London though, and it is too bad the Grammys keep cutting out the country slots when they air in London. Otherwise Carrie would have had 6 major performances shown in London by now. All they saw so far-- was her Michael Jackson tribute.

why can't she ever do XFactor UK or some other shows?
    I have yet to buy her DVD, I don't know why I haven't bought it. x)

They definitelly need to do more TV promotion. The Voice, X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, idk...

This sold surprisingly well in the last couple of days.

Smokyiiis likes this.

@BHarrisCountry
    And we're off! @carrieunderwood joins @WhisperingBob for a chat ahead of her headline #c2cfestival set tonight pic.twitter.com/KC019Rr9K6

@The_O2

@callyhocknell
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    @The_O2
    Is that LeAnn Rimes next to Carrie?

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast