Carrie Guru

[Dec 18 2012] Memphis, TN FedEx Forum

Start time: 7:30pm
    Opening act: Hunter Hayes
    Tickets are $41.50/$51.50/$61.50

FedExForum :: Event :: Carrie Underwood
    Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    Best 2 seats together are Row L of the nose bleeds about midway towards the back. The pace seems to have picked up this past week.
    opry051008 and glenn7 like this.

Wow Factor: Country queen Carrie Underwood continues to impress GoMemphis.com

Love this article.

"...acoustic, intimate shows..." -- "...gospel album..." -- "I feel like I get my opportunities to branch out — but it's not forced, and it's not contrived. It's not about trying to gobble up money wherever you can. If that was the goal, who would I be as an artist?"
    Pi314CA, maddkat, glenn7 and 9 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post

Love this article.

"...acoustic, intimate shows..." -- "...gospel album..." -- "I feel like I get my opportunities to branch out but it's not forced, and it's not contrived. It's not about trying to gobble up money wherever you can. If that was the goal, who would I be as an artist?"
    excellent article

I like that Carrie has her integrity, and doesn't just go for the money like some artist do.
    Ann055, glenn7, Manchs and 7 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    A "WOWSER" article for sure, Luv It!! That's the Carrie we all love and "RESPECT" so very much. Thanks Ann for the find.
    Ann055, Gator, Pi314CA and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post

Love this article.

"...acoustic, intimate shows..." -- "...gospel album..." -- "I feel like I get my opportunities to branch out but it's not forced, and it's not contrived. It's not about trying to gobble up money wherever you can. If that was the goal, who would I be as an artist?"
    Now we know for sure she'll be releasing a gospel album, she would not say that if she wasn't planning on releasing one. I can't wait OMG
    Gator, Ann055, Pi314CA and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Wonderful article! My husband 'may' have tickets (from a co-worker) who doesn't think he'll be able to attend! Crossing my fingers he gets them! Unfortunately, we won't known until Tuesday. We were planning on waiting until the next leg. But, if it's 'meant to be'.... how can one argue with that?!
    Manchs, Ann055, maddkat and 4 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    excellent article

I like that Carrie has her integrity, and doesn't just go for the money like some artist do.
    Me too! So, no perfume line, no Sony camera ads, etc. Even no Christmas album until the time is right. I love the fact that Carrie makes the most of the the opportunities as she waits upon God's time. It's all of the utmost quality and not a bunch of mediocrity. Oh, and I can't wait for the gospel album. There are so many hymns/songs that Carrie could do great renditions.
    Ann055, Manchs, glenn7 and 5 others like this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Oct 22, 2010 FedExForum Memphis 7,501 / 7,501 (100%) $371,486

FedExForum ‏@FedExForum Hey @FedExForum friends, who's joining us for Carrie Underwood's Blown Away Tour tonight? What song are you most looking forward to hearing?
    glenn7, rainbow1, Manchs and 1 others like this.

FedExForum ‏@FedExForum A limited number of tickets for @CarrieUnderwood's show tonight have just been released! Find tix here: http://ow.ly/gcBxB
    glenn7, rainbow1, Manchs and 1 others like this.

Memphis Grizzlies ‏@memgrizz RT @FedExForum Just a few short hours until Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away" Tour hits the stage tonight. Join us: http://bit.ly/PQaorl
    rainbow1 and Countryfan2448 like this.

Concert Stars
    My husband did not get the tickets he was hoping for. Oh well, we just saw Carrie in Nashville in September.

Concert Stars
    KIX 106 ‏@KIX106
    Stop by the Plaza at the FedEx Forum 5-7:30p today and have your pic made with Carrie!! (the cut out not the real ... http://tmi.me/D1QOQ
    Details

4hKIX 106 ‏@KIX106
    Today Mark will be broadcasting @HardRockMemphis 3-7p. Come register to win tix to Carrie Underwood show, M&G ... http://tmi.me/D1Qwq
    glenn7, Pi314CA, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Very excited about this show. Memphis should be a good turn out. Hope Carrie is feeling ok-- she has been so quiet on twitter etc- that I am still a bit worried.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Me too! So, no perfume line, no Sony camera ads, etc. Even no Christmas album until the time is right. I love the fact that Carrie makes the most of the the opportunities as she waits upon God's time. It's all of the utmost quality and not a bunch of mediocrity. Oh, and I can't wait for the gospel album. There are so many hymns/songs that Carrie could do great renditions.
    I can't wait for the Gospel album someday too- though I want a Christmas album first.

However, I am worried that some Christian stations will/do not support Carrie anymore, for a few reasons. So I hope they give the album a chance. When I saw how TH got no love on Christian radio despite all our requesting, etc- and how great it is-- I did call a few Christian radio stations to request it.

Anyway- the one dj told me he cannot play Carrie's songs as they are not part of a whole Gospel/Christian cd. I said they played JTTW, so why not TH? He said something like the song was great, but he can't promote Carrie on his station since some of the songs on her cd were objectionable (ie, BHC, LN, etc). He said people might buy the whole cd expecting all Christian songs, and then be shocked by LN, etc. Add her pro-gay marriage thing to it, and some comments about her short skirts, etc- and I can already tell she will face some opposition once the cd comes out.

Oddly, TH was not only snubbed by Christian radio, but it was snubbed by the Gospel Music association, not even getting nominated. Lesser songs by country artists got in instead. So it almost feels like some object to Carrie for her risky songs, short skirts, and modern views etc.

But for my own personal selfish reasons, I really want a Gospel music album. She will do such a beautiful job! Hopefully some more open minded Christian stations will give it a chance.

Diana McLemore ‏@dianamclemore Headed to downtown Memphis with @kayjeanwoods @audrie_rhoda to see Carrie Underwood tonight!!! #excited #blownawaytour

Q1075 and 961 ‏@Q1075 @Q1075 is LIVE @ The Fedex Forum for the Carrie Underwood & Hunter Hays Concert! Come Say Hey! -Rob w/ The Q!

Laura Edler ‏@branlj47 @carrieunderwood getting ready for the show tonight! My 6 year old daughter is so excited!

Concert Stars
    Aubrey Stanfield ‏@auubeelea Just hung out with Carrie Underwood & talked about how scarves hide fat. I'm sorry, ur the skinniest person alive. WEIRD BUT GREAT MOMENT.
    Pi314CA, rainbow1, Manchs and 3 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast