• 1 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By teesharky
  • 2 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 2 Post By rainbow1

Thread: Review: Carrie Underwood flies high in Oklahoma City concert

Concert Stars

Review: Carrie Underwood flies high in Oklahoma City concert

Carrie Underwood made a bold move in dubbing her third headlining trek “The Blown Away Tour.”
    Whether she was throwing a tropical party complete with enormous beach balls, flowery leis and neon-hued confetti or getting caught up in an impressive simulation of a twister, Underwood made sure her show lived up to the hype: Her Oklahoma City fans were indeed "Blown Away” Thursday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Carrie Underwood performs at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012. Photo by Garett Fisbeck, The Oklahoman

The Checotah native glided above the crowd on a floating stage for several songs, invited “American Idol” judge Randy Jackson to conduct a surprise audition during her set, and performed in the midst of half a dozen massive, ever-changing screens, but her huge, clear voice maintained its rightful place as the main attraction throughout the show. Costume changes, light shows and other trappings of her stage spectacle were no competition for those powerful pipes; only her enthusiasm for her home state came close to matching them.
    “We were in Texas last night, and I swear when we passed into Oklahoma — we passed that state line — I woke up. I knew I was home,” Underwood told her adoring fans, who filled about three-quarters of the available seats in the arena.

Read more: Concert review: Carrie Underwood flies high in Oklahoma City concert | NewsOK.com

Concert Stars
    Hey ya'll there is tons more at the link. The review is two pages long!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Very Sweet!
    She sure does love her home State.

Concert Stars
    Awesome review!! So glad Randy Jackson was there.

too bad it didnt sell out but the pictures made it look like a massive crowd so I think that line was deceiving. It was definitely close to a sellout.
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great great review and how exciting for that young girl to be able to sing AAG in a concert of that magnitude before anyone even knows you - thrilling night for her too. Anxious to see how she actually does during the AI auditions - sounds like there is no doubt she is "going to Hollywood"!! One of Carrie's favorite tour stops - home state and performing to family and friends!!
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I ask my son and daughter about the crowd. They said it was "packed"!! They weren't looking at that specifically, but said there might of been a few seats in the very top!
    Smokyiiis and Pi314CA like this.

•