• 1 Post By robinannhunt
  • 1 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero
  • 4 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 1 Post By Claire2004

Thread: Carrie Underwood fans are blown away in Glendale

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar

Carrie Underwood fans are blown away in Glendale

Carrie Underwood fans are blown away in Glendale

Carrie Underwood performs during her "Blown Away Tour" Jobing.com Arena in Glendale.

Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012 at
    PHOTO BY: David Kadlubowski/The Arizona Republic
    JUMP TO OF 26

By Jim Louvau Special for the Republic | azcentral.com Mon Oct 22,2012 10:18 AM

Carrie Underwood's The Blown Away Tour made a stop in Glendale on Sunday, Oct. 21, for a concert at Jobing.com Arena. With that kind of title, fans of all ages were expecting to be blown away. And for the most part, they were.

Before Underwood hit the stage, she had a DJ playing a variety of songs from different genres, including AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long."

The concert started with a video showing Underwood running through a field. Then, a pyramid appeared on stage with a door the singer walked through during the opening number "Good Girl." Her incredible voice filled the venue during "Undo It" and had the nearly sold-out crowd on its feet as fans joined Underwood singing the "na nas" before the last chorus. She slowed things down during fan favorite "Wasted" and even had men in the crowd singing every word on a track that also showcased her fiddle player's skills.

A cover of Randy Travis's "I Told You So" featured a slide guitar that really helped capture the essence of the track. Her nine-piece band sounded tight and fantastic and featured two guitarists, a female backup singer, drummer, bassist and piano player.

"Two Black Cadillacs" followed as Underwood's long blonde hair blew in the wind and the video screens behind her showed images of old Cadillacs. As the song ended, Underwood exited the stage for her first costume change (into a blue, green and purple dress full of bling).

The video screens turned blue and showed images of lightning during the intro of before "Last Name." And she asked the crowd "Where are all my all-American girls at?" before "All American Girl."

There were no cowboys hats anywhere on stage and although there was a country vibe, Underwood is clearly a pop star with a country influence and a huge voice that could fill two arenas.

Her crew built a wooden fence around the front of the stage that turned into a platform taking Underwood, her two guitarist and her bass player over the crowd during "Get Out of this Town." The platform continued to move across the crowd during "Nobody Ever Told You," "Thank God for Home Towns," "Crazy Dreams" and "Do You Think About Me." Underwood was all smiles and waved to fans throughout her 90-minute, 23-song set. She threw Hawaiian leis to fans, and giant beach balls made their way around the venue during the reggae-inspired "One Way Ticket" as the platform made it way back to the stage.

Opening act Hunter Hayes, who looked more like a singer for a boy band than a country star, joined Underwood for "Leave Love Alone" which was probably the most country-sounding song of the night and also included Underwood's third costume change. A cover of the Aerosmith classic "Sweet Emotion" was a bit of an odd choice but kept fans engaged. During "Remind Me," images of Brad Paisley appeared on the video screens and his voice was on tape during the choruses which is something you'd expect to see at a hip-hop show. "Before He Cheats," not surprisingly, got the biggest response of the night.

The encore consisted of "I Know You Won't" and "Blown Away."

www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/20121022carrie-underwood-phoenix-glendale-concert-review.html
    Last edited by countryfan2006; 10-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Gator, Ann055, opry051008 and 7 others like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    A good review.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    There were no cowboys hats anywhere on stage
    Carrie knows she could never rock a cowboy hat as well as Brad so she sticks with her big southern hair- which I think suits her better than a cowboy hat would anyway lol
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I didn't know glamour wasn't allowed in country music...
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    I didn't know glamour wasn't allowed in country music...
    Becca

And I didn't know cowboy hats are required to emphasize the country vibe lol.

Good review though.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    And I didn't know cowboy hats are required to emphasize the country vibe lol.

Good review though.
    Sure - Boots and Hat are magic - look what they did for TS

Concert Stars
    To me it sounded like the reviewer was RELUCTANT to call it an excellent show. I wonder why?

Concert Stars
    Did this same reviewer write about the Play On Tour? Just curious.

Concert Stars
    these reviewers really just go for the obvious article title. I'd like to see something more creative.

•