Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By carebearcarrie
  • 1 Post By judes
  • 1 Post By carebearcarrie

Thread: Portland, Or. Review

Concert Stars

Portland, Or. Review

Can I just start out by saying that Carrie is amazing?? Yes. Lets start with that.

My incredible day started out with my hour drive up to the Portland Oregon Arena, The Rose Quarter with my mom and boyfriend, Jeremy. I should say before you think that they are crazy for doing everything they did for me as a crazy fan. Carrie day= My day. lol. That's what they kept saying. Made me feel special. We go down a flight of stairs to get where the backstage area and where her bus is. We get all comfy because we are going to we waiting a long, long time IF Carrie or Hunter come say hello. We Arrived around noon. we waited, waited and waited some more. Around 3 was when Carrie's band showed up in a white van. Carrie's bus came at about 3:30. I knew it was hers because a girl came out and walked Penny and Ace! SO cute. i kept yelling because I was so excited just to see her dogs. We saw Carrie come in and out of her bus about 3 times. I didnt want to yell her name, I didn't wanna be stalker (ish), creepy, weird, or disrespectful. She never looked over, waved or anything. I'm convinced she didn't even know we were over there. Some other fans came and went within the hours up to the concert, But my mom, Jeremy and I were the only ones who stayed a longggg time. Around 5 o'clock i told my mom and Jeremy that we could go because she would probably be busy with meet and greets, and getting ready, warmed up, and make-up and such.

We left and grabbed a bite to eat. We had Burgerville. :P We went straight back and sat in front if the doors because I would be damned if someone gets to that merchandise table before me. Jeremy was the genius that decided he should go in before me since he didn't have a purse that needed checking. He was the FIRST person to that table and I was right there after him. I wanted to get there before the scary mob. As I was picking out everything I wanted Jeremy and my mom created a wall around me so people didn't push into me. haha. They are the best. I bought almost everything. lol. I spent a big penny on everything.

We then proceeded to our seats. I was a bit mad because we had side seats row 14. They say if you buy tickets the day of you can get amazing seats that they release last minute. I had no such luck with this deal. But i was presently surprised when we did sit down because our seats were awesome!I could see the backstage area so saw Carrie leave and whatnot. It was pretty cool.

The show starts. I was shocked of how much I loved Hunter Hayes. His talent is amazing. I listened to his CD before the concert because i wanted to actually be familiar with the opening acts music so i wasn't bored. He is such a cutie. I might be 20, i know hes my age and all but I really didn't realize just how cute he was. He can sing live very well too. I truly believe that this is going to be a huge break through for him. He also sang Bruno Mars song. I LOVED his rendition of it! Way better than the original IMO.

It takes them quite awhile to switch the stage from Hunter to Carrie. While they were doing it I was shaking so much. It just a short while Carrie Marie Underwood Fisher would be singing right in front of me. My Idol, inspiration and the person I strive to be more like everyday. When that video began for the opening I started to shake even more. then BAM. Good Girl starts, and the crowd is going crazy! Me- I started crying. I was so Happy! I then started to laugh because I was crying. lol. I didn't take any videos this year because I truly wanted to just take it in, the music experience, vocals, CARRIE. I took some pictures every once and a while though, and got some great ones! Let me just tell you that the Ladies behind us were so loud, annoying and did I say loud? lol. When the crew is putting together the stage that is going to go up in the "sky" the ladies behind us kept yelling "Oh MY GOD! SOMETHING SPECIAL IS GONNA HAPPEN!". They kept saying it over, and over. finally my mom says (not too loud, lol.) "yeah something special is gonna happen all right, my fist is gonna hit your face!" we were laughing so hard.

Here are some song highlights:

Too Black Cadillacs- I was always kinda sketchy about this one live. I never really felt the same has how dramatic the record version is. But the background video really adds to it. incredible. amazing live.

One Way Ticket- Was a crowd favorite of the night. The sun whistling in the background was so cute! Carrie was having some troubles with something during the whistling part and looked back at the band like "what the heck?" But she got through it.

Sweet Emotion- I know some of you dont think this song fits her voice to the best but hearing it live was amazing, totally different than video to me. Also in another thread someone said she should explore "these" parts of her voice and she did a little "riff" or whatever of some "ohh, ohoh, ohoh" at the end. She did it through the whole end if it and was incredible! sounded so cool!

Cupid- SO much fun dancing!

Leave Love alone- Seemed like another crowd favorite.

See you again- watch the video they play while they play the music to this. its SO beautiful!!! Same with Forever Changed.

Before He cheats- anyone see the cute little personal touches Carrie put in the Before He cheats back drop? on the tallest building she has "JESUS" in blue. And on the next tallest building she has "Peds" on it. SO cute. lol.

The one thing i found SHOCKING is that after Before He cheats (?) Carrie says "thank you so much for coming out tonight!" She has yet to do an encore and has not yet sung BLOWN AWAY and TONS of people are leaving!!! HELLO! ITS CALLED THE BLOWN AWAY TOUR FOR GOODNESS SAKES! anyhow thought that was an interesting tidbit.

After is was done, we then continued back to Carries bus in hopes of seeing her, again. We saw Hunter a few times back by his bus. they had the trucks started (warming up) for all the stage equipment so I don't think he could hear us. We waited about 2 hours and Carrie never came out. we heard her bus start up and start leaving. We followed it all the way down waving, hoping she saw something.

The concert was beyond anything of the Play On tour. everything. Any who if you would like so see my pictures just go here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=dd3b438f15
    Last edited by carebearcarrie; 10-11-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Concert Stars
    I love your review and pics! Thank you ! You got some great pics! Some of the critics have been leaving before BHC maybe someone should tell Carrie at the OFC that people think the concert is over when she says that - I don't know - the ending is pretty amazing to miss
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great review - sounds like you had a wonderful "Carrie Day"!!!! Great photos!!
    I've read in other concert reviews that people were leaving before the encore and didn't notice it happening at the Seattle concert - definitely a part no one should miss!!

Carrie Follower
    Where are the Utah tweets, pictures. etc??????????????????????????????????????????//

Carrie Guru
    Carrie won't win either way. I remember the first leg of the PO tour when she decided to do away with the encore. When she finished people would say "isn't she coming back out for an encore?: lol.

Carrie Guru
    Thanks so much for posting your review and sharing your pics carebearcarrie. You really do have a special boyfriend and mom. I'm so sorry you didn't get a chance to meet Carrie after waiting all those hours. She never seems to come out to people waiting anymore by the bus. I wish she did.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Thanks so much for posting your review and sharing your pics carebearcarrie. You really do have a special boyfriend and mom. I'm so sorry you didn't get a chance to meet Carrie after waiting all those hours. She never seems to come out to people waiting anymore by the bus. I wish she did.

I wish she did! i wait every year with hope that she will. during Carnival Ride tour she waved to me, but that was all. Play on Tour we never saw her- only her shadow from the white bus she drove to the arena in. I can understand why because she wants to have that moment with fans at her meet and greets. But every year i wait 6+ hours and hope one day she will come out. One day.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    I wish she did! i wait every year with hope that she will. during Carnival Ride tour she waved to me, but that was all. Play on Tour we never saw her- only her shadow from the white bus she drove to the arena in. I can understand why because she wants to have that moment with fans at her meet and greets. But every year i wait 6+ hours and hope one day she will come out. One day.
    My wish for you..... one day.

Concert Stars
    ^

Thats my wish for every carrie fan.
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Wow, that's a long time to wait! Great review! Sounds like a fun-filled Carrie day!

Concert Stars
    great review!

sounds like a great concert, a great Carrie day, and a great mom and boy friend!

•