Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: [Aug 12, 2012] Boots and Hearts Concert

[Aug 12, 2012] Boots and Hearts Concert

Yay, I got to create another official thread!

Anyway, I'm gonna be at this concert...It's just going to be my 2nd Carrie concert ever!

The schedule was just released for the show...I was initially worried that she'd have a short setlist and would barely be on stage, because some rather HUGE names are there. Yet, Carrie has got a LONG slot from 9:15-11:00 pm! That's almost two hours.

Questions for you experienced people - Will they honour that slot? Will she really be on stage for almost 2 hours? And how many songs do you expect her to sing? The PO tour was roughly the same size and she squeezed in over 20 songs, so....Any chance it'll be in that range?

I also noticed there's almost 45 minutes between the end of Lionel Richie's show and the start of Carrie's....Does that mean there will be lots of stage effects? Or is it just that way?

I'll obviously post a detailed account of all that goes down

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Obviously, I have not been there, but I have been to two separate concerts in two different venues and states. In both, her set lists were varied and she sang for about 90 minutes straight. She doesn't talk asmuch as some entertainers and to me it always seems a little forced....like she knows it is expected but preferred not to do it. I am there for singing not chatter. In spite of her painful shyness, she admits she is in a bubble or zone when she sings as it is clear she has no such stage fright singing. Almost like Mel Tillis and his painful and extreme stuttering, yet how sweet is his singing voice. I envy you....I have to wait til Nov 3 to see her, but what a birthday gift that will be.....none better that I can imagine. All of my kids and grandkids are healthy and happy, so there is nothing in this world other than a Carrie concert to make an old girl a happy woman.

Have a special time and please...photos and a review!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post

Anyway, I'm gonna be at this concert...It's just going to be my 2nd Carrie concert ever!

The schedule was just released for the show...I was initially worried that she'd have a short setlist and would barely be on stage, because some rather HUGE names are there. Yet, Carrie has got a LONG slot from 9:15-11:00 pm! That's almost two hours.

Questions for you experienced people - Will they honour that slot? Will she really be on stage for almost 2 hours? And how many songs do you expect her to sing? The PO tour was roughly the same size and she squeezed in over 20 songs, so....Any chance it'll be in that range?

I also noticed there's almost 45 minutes between the end of Lionel Richie's show and the start of Carrie's....Does that mean there will be lots of stage effects? Or is it just that way?

Why would you be worried about Carrie getting enought stage time. I do believe Carrie is one of the 'headliners' of the show and her show sold out rather quickly (hope I'm not getting this mixed up with another concert of hers). You mean there's someone there bigger than Carrie?

Anyway....have a great time, wish I was going.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    The 45 min between sets is needed to remove the opener's band stuff and the moving of Carrie's band stuff into place. It is normal.
    Mirasa45A and carebear4eva like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    The 45 min between sets is needed to remove the opener's band stuff and the moving of Carrie's band stuff into place. It is normal.
    YES, 45 min is also needed for me to go to the restroom (toilet for international fans )
    robinannhunt and opry051008 like this.

New Carrie Fan

Why is it necessary to keep all the gay crap on this fan site?

Quote Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    turn off signature display in settings.
    carebear4eva and opry051008 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    unnecessary... you can ignore it.
    Becca

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Sorry, but your screen name is pretty gay...

Oh, and for someone who's posted a whopping 12 times here, you sure don't have anything to say of importance when you DO post.

Just sayin'!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Before anyone says "Why do you always have to say something?", let me just inform everyone that if you haven't noticed, I'm the KING of having "something to say"!
    carebear4eva likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Why would you be worried about Carrie getting enought stage time. I do believe Carrie is one of the 'headliners' of the show and her show sold out rather quickly (hope I'm not getting this mixed up with another concert of hers). You mean there's someone there bigger than Carrie?

Anyway....have a great time, wish I was going.
    I guess you're mixing it up with some other concert...This show isn't sold out. And although Carrie is the biggest star on her night, there are quite a few big names.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

Smile

I guess you're mixing it up with some other concert...This show isn't sold out. And although Carrie is the biggest star on her night, there are quite a few big names.

Well, Ok..but Carrie is the headliner and perhaps I should have said that she's as big a star as the other big stars. To me, however, she s the biggest star at this gig.

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Sorry, but your screen name is pretty gay...

Oh, and for someone who's posted a whopping 12 times here, you sure don't have anything to say of importance when you DO post.

Just sayin'!
    1963 movie Nutty Professor staring Jerry Lewis. Alter ego buddy love. If I post more often I can be as prominent as you. Can't wait.
    Lstname89 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    1963 movie Nutty Professor staring Jerry Lewis. Alter ego buddy love. If I post more often I can be as prominent as you. Can't wait.
    Please do!

We need someone to point out the "gay crap".

Can we get back to this being a thread about Carrie's concert?
    liz278 likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Please do!

We need someone to point out the "gay crap".

LOL wrong place is all.

Concert Stars
    ROFL. This thread is funny.

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm so jealous! I want to go so badly!

When I saw Carrie last year at Capital Hoedown, her slot was from 9:00-11:00 as well (I think)... and she only played until 10:20ish (I think). I can't remember the exact times, but I was pretty disappointed that she had finished so early... At every outdoor concert I've been to, the artist/band has always played right until the 11:00 curfew or a bit after. Hopefully you'll have better luck!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    We might want her to perform longer, but typically, 90 minutes is a concert performance. That is a lot of singing,especially the way Carrie belts. We wouldn't want her straining her vocal chords to give us a looooooooong concert.

90 minutes is about it for everyone but Keith Urban.

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast