Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: [Aug 12, 2012] Boots and Hearts Concert

@PaulVenomous
    Heading back to @bootsandhearts today. First shoot will be @paulbrandt ... Then @LionelRichie and topping it off with @carrieunderwood ��
    Gator likes this.

@emily_feeney
    @carrieunderwood helicopter just arrived @BootsandHearts soooo excited #idol #singtome

Concert Stars
    Love the outfit! She sure does love those leggings.. Lol

opry051008 likes this.

Bud Fisher just tweeted this pic:

rainbow1, lab and opry051008 like this.

rainbow1, opry051008 and Cps235 like this.

Ty
    She sang "Sweet Child O' Mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    She sang "Sweet Child O' Mine."
    Hope there's video! Her GN'R covers are incredible.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I hate when she covers her AMAZING legs!
    carrieguy2 likes this.

rainbow1, lab, kewlie78189 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I could kill carebear4eva.

I wanna witness Carrie cover GN'R someday.

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I could kill carebear4eva.

I wanna witness Carrie cover GN'R someday.
    I can just imagine the screams that would come from you the second a GN'R song started.

Junior Carrie Follower INLOVEWITHCARRIESLEGS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    I hate when she covers her AMAZING legs!

This!

Hello!

So, last night, my world turned upside down

Okay, I have a lot to say, AND I can never tell a short story anyway, so prepare for some ranting, some screaming and some gushing about Carrie.

So we (my Mom and I) got there at around 11:30. My mom's visiting from Dubai, and she's convinced that all college kids starve to death, so she's determined to shove loads of food down my throat while she's here. So, she actually packed huge lunches for the both of us (I'm not talking sandwiches and chips, I'm talking entire containers of rice, chicken and potato). The plan was to come out of the venue in breaks and stuff our faces with food.

We made our way to the main stage by 12:00. A Canaan Smith was singing about beer and trucks. My eyes rolled out of my sockets. However, Lauren Alaina was performing at 13:15, so we decided to wait for her performance, cuz I wanted to see what she was like. She came out on time, sang, did her bit well. She covered a couple of Sugarland songs, and did her singles - Goergia Peaches, Like My Mother Does and Eighteen Inches (which she introduced as a Carrie Underwood co-write). She was cute, and I actually had an interactive "moment" with her (when she was singing Like My Mother Does, she kinda caught my eye and I smiled and waved. She waved back. I then pointed at my mom and sorta mouthed/screamed "That's my mom" and she sorta came close and gave her a thumbs-up. That was sweet.

And then the torture began.

Since no one really cared about Canaan Smith, we got ridiculously close to the stage (as good as it can get for non-VIP tickets). There was no reserved seating (or seats of any kind). I was fairly sure that there was no way we'd get that spot again if we left to eat and came back in an hour or so. So, despite the fact that we had so much of food in the car, I duked it out with my mom and prevailed upon her to stay where we were (FOR NINE BLOODY HOURS) until Carrie's set. It was a daunting prospect, but we were just THAT close and the image of Carrie coming out gave me strength.

Then things went horribly wrong. Okay, I'm going to be blunt : 60% of the crowd were drunk shi*s, with no sense of decency or civility and I wish them all agonizing deaths. Harsh, I know. Hear me out.

My mom isn't in the best of health. She doesn't have any actual problems, but hey, the woman's above 50 and had only eaten breakfast all day. I told her to go eat and come back, but she didn't wanna leave me alone, and she knew that I'd be broken if we lost our AWESOME spot, so we stayed put. I had no problem standing, as the rest of the crowd did, but naturally I made my mom sit and lean against the rail. It was a hot day, so I took off my jacket and she covered her head with it. Thus she stayed, with her legs bunched up for hours, occasionally reading somethings on my iPad, and occasionally dozing off. And thus we would have stayed, uncomfortable but content for the entirity of those 9 hours. If it hadn't been for the aforementioned drunk, uncivilised as$holes for whom I wish agonizing deaths. You guys, by sitting down my mom was probably taking about 1.5 times more place than she would have been if she were standing. By which, I mean she was "wasting" space for about half a person. But it was too much for some of these morons. It started with a couple of loud and pointed whispers among the bozos as they downed their 296th margerita. With great, GREAT effort I ignored them (You guys know that I have a problem with keeping my mouth shut). For once I was willing to let it go, solely for the love of Carrie.

By this point, my mom's condition actually got a little worrisome - She started sweating like crazy (even though it was hardly that hot - and she's used to Dubai heat). She also said she was feeling very giddy and dizzy and stuff...She has this problem sometimes, it happens infrequently...Doctors haven't been very helpful. \

And then all hell broke loose. I'd like to give some of them the benefit of the doubt and say that they didn't know that my mom was old (because her head was covered by the sun-shade jacket). However, at least SOME number of them must have seen her earlier when she was standing. Here are some of the things I heard (STRONG LANGUAGE, KIDS AVERT YOUR GAZE - THIS MEANS YOU, NICOLE ):

"What the f**k is wrong with those people"?
    "Bi*ch is just sitting there with her head hidden? What is she scared of the sun?"
    "Bi*ch should stand and enjoy the show or get the f*ck out...Ruining it for everyone...F*cking pissing off"

And, my favourite, "Tell the f**king old granny to go home. Wasting so much of space".

Now I was already worried because my mom was unwell. I was cranky because it was hot and uncomfortable. Both these factors led to me already being rather angry at the time. And now this? Oh, hell no.

Some fun times ensued. I yelled, screamed and made several cruel insinuations to their obviously flawed heredity. They just generally kept drinking and screaming out half-sentences that were all some permutation of the words "f*ck, sh*t, old, ***** and annoying". I told them that I was impressed that they knew a word as long as "annoying". They told me that they couldn't understand my suddenly-very-British English (when I'm pissed, my British schooling suddenly materialises). I told them they were a disgrace to humanity. They asked me what "dsigrace" and "humanity" meant. I made up that last bit. :P

Obviously, the crowd was not only morons like these. Everyone else around else had the appropriate reaction to seeing a gray-haired woman sitting down and looking weak - they expressed concern, not anger that space was being wasted. The non-idiots quickly came to my support and joined me in the yelling match. I distinctly remember (and probably always will) one mother with 2 kids who came to my defense. The woman was adorable, her kids were sweethearts. She seemed like a VERY classy, upper-crust and sophisticated woman. She asked me what the matter was. I told her my mom was feeling unwell and these guys were behaving like see-you-next-tuesdays. Then she overheard what they were saying to my mom. She took off her D&G sunglasses, set her Prada bag on the floor, brushed off her sophistication, covered her kids ears with her hands and yelled at the idiots to, (paraphrasing) perform a certain mouth-action on a certain organ of hers that I don't believe she possessed. I wanted to marry her.

Anyway, things got better from there. Security was quite poor at the concert, but they came around eventually and kicked those fellows out. They simply were in no condition to stay at the concert. They asked if my mom was okay and needed any help. She refused their assistance - she really was fine, just needed to sit down in some peace.

The hours rolled by PAINFULLY slow. A bunch of people came out - Terri Clark, who I thought was very cool. Gordon Downie and Paul Brandt were both so-so in my opinion. Lionel Richie was very good, even though I didn't know most of his songs. The people around us were much more decent than the initial sons-of-bleeps, but there was still a lot of crowd and pressing. You needed to be in a large group in order to "save a spot" as one person went to get food, or take a break, or at least use the washroom. And although the people around us were all pleasant, the crowd was simply too large to slip out and get back in. Therefore we went 9 hours without eating, drinking or even peeing!

And then, it was all worth it. She came out.

She wore a green-blue blouse-top thing (dunno what it's called), short shorts and black leggings (which made me very sad, I WANTED TO SEE THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS LEGS!) As always, I hated her shoes (I honestly never like her shoes, except in rare occasions). According to my mom she wore a lot of costume jewllery that was very Indian in its design (I didn't notice, I was too busy staring at her face going "OMG! She's real! She's real!")

She came out to the licking tune of GG. Unfortunately for me, my right ear sorta blew out just before she came because of all the noise. Therefore, if I turned my left ear to her, I got super-awesome-sounding Carrie. If I turned my right ear, she sounded like a chipmunk on helium. It SUCKED, but it was also mildly amusing to hear Helium-Carrie even as I could see the strain and effort on her face as she kicked the bridge of GG ("Why can't you see...").

Before I go on, I wanna just say that I had a constant fear that it would be a terribly short set-list. I didn't know how these multi-act events work. She was given a slot of 9:15-11:00, but someone here posted saying that her performance at another concert ended at 10:20 itself, barely 40 minutes after it began, even though it was scheduled to end at 11:00.

Anyway, I was wondering which song would come next - it was not one I expected at all - FoTF! Needless to say, her performance was ridiculously good, even though my ears heard her in her Chipmunk-Carrie avatar. "Baby, baby, baby, tell me why...." AWESOME!

It's shocking to me, but I can't remember the order in which she sang. However, it was a long, LONG show with a LOT of songs. Like I said, I don't remember the order, but I can group the songs together for you guys. I'll also add what I remember of the chatter (which was very little) and other notable things that happened.

So, she opened with GG, followed with FoTF. In that segment I also recall her doing Wasted and TBC (which made me so happy). This was the "Hey, I'm here!" opening segment of the show. She didn't introduce GG, Wasted or FoTF. Of TBC, she said (mildly paraphrased) "So, there are bunch of songs that I'm so happy about on my new album BA, and this one is probably one of my favourites".

After that, she took a sip of water and went on to do SS. She introduced it by saying something along the lines of "Beautiful message, very special to me and it's about how all those little things that don't matter can get you down". Went on to kill SS. The next song she did was TH, and she acknowledged that she was doing 2 emotional songs in a row. Her words were "So, I decided to put two sentimental songs in a row...I dunno why...Probably once you get in a mood you wanna stay there...I dunno". Read that in Carrie's concert chatter voice and style, with the "..."s being those short breaths she takes.

The next song she did was ACG, which stands for All-Canadian Girl. She introduced it by very clearly saying "Pay attention, cuz I've changed up some of the words to this one". Right then I knew what she was talking about. Even so, before the second verse starts she went "NOW, YOU GUYS BETTER LISTEN UP!" before singing "16 short years later...She was falling for the senior HOCKEY star"...Crowd loved it...She also swapped "American" with "Canadian" a bunch of times.

After that she went away for a little bit (Not as a fake-exit, just a 30-second pause where she got some water and so on). Comes out saying "I FEEL LIKE WE ALL JUST NEED TO MAKE SOME NOISE! I love the slow songs, and they're incredible but I know that you guys probably wanna get a bit rowdy. And that's fine!"

Proceeds to kill LLA. This is the point where I start to forget the order in which the songs came. However, at some point in the next 2 segments, she did CC, CGAS, ITYS and JAD, UI. Yes, she remembered the words to CC this time :P. The only chatter was when she introduced ITYS "This song was probably written when I was 4 or 5 and I grew up loving it...And I just kept thinking that somebody somewhere needs to redo it and put it on a CD, so I figured, I would!" She didn't introduce CC, CGAS or JAD, and nothing of significance happened in any of those songs (she did the shortened version of JAD). Also, during CGAS, I liked that she totally went and stood at the back of the stage during the end of the song so as not to steal the spotlight from her ridiculously good band who all came forward and played centre-stage. Also, she made us do the Na-nas on UI as she always does.

At the end of that was BA. I was terrified that was the end of the show (cuz I thought that would be the closer), but know right after the song ended, she took a sip of water and came right back. She didn't introduce (or say anything about BA).

Then, there was the acoustic bit. She plonked herself on a stool, being her usual awkward self (SHE'S SO AWKWARD!). She joked saying that she was always worried when she sat on the stool, because she feared she'd bounce in her seat during a song and fall right off. She continued saying that one of these days she'd either fall off her heels or just tumble off the stage. To which I promptly bellowed "I'LL CATCH YOU!" but she didn't hear me I suppose :'(

She introduced the acoustic set by saying "I feel like I've gotten to know you guys by this point...So let's just sit down for a bit and hang out...This is most of my band (motions to band)..A few of them are backstage getting a quick drink"...And then her awkwardness kicks in and she goes "Of WATER! Of course of water!" She's adorable :3

The acoustic setlist started with NETY (and she asked us to the clap, clap-clap refrain, but the crowd SUCKED - I was the only one who did it almost all the way through and I kept glaring at everyone around me being like "Didn't you hear the woman? Clap, clap-clap!" The London crowd was MUCH better in comparison.) The next song, and I felt it was a poor choice for an acoustic mix, was Quitter. She sounded terrific (duh!) but the beauty of Quitter is in that catchy pop bit that comes after she sings "I've always been a Quitter". That sounded flat on the acosutic set. Oh well. The next song was DYTAM, which was beautiful...She didn't do the "ran like hell before it was too late" modification. Nothing else to report. Then she performed OWT, with the band getting up and going to their places halfway through the song, and she got off her feet and walked around to deliver the last part (LICK IT!). That was the transition from the acoustic part to the regular bit.

She introduced Quitter with a very cute bit. She said that she doesn't do love songs, because she wouldn't know what to do with them...She was "fairly happy" with her love life and she had a "pretty decent guy". Then she said "And now everyone's gonna be looking at him...Wherever he is...Oops! Sorry, baby!" I was thrilled to know that Mike was there, but he clearly didn't wanna be seen so I didn't start turning around like a coyote.

OWT was introduced with a bit about working hard, annoying bosses and needing to take a break. The last thing she said before she started was "So let me take you on an awesome vacation where there's sunshine and cool drinks and no rain" - a reference to the rain-soaked weekend.

After OWT, they did a weird thing, where again they tried to do an encore, but without all the cheesy "Make some noise if you want more!" business. So they basically all just RAN off stage and stood by the side doing nothing (I could see them from my spot), let us scream for barely 15 seconds and then all came back as though nothing had happened. It was pretty odd.

Anyway she came back and it was time for JTTW. She introduced by saying that there were and still are so many great songs that she was just so ridiculously lucky to get her hands on before anyone else..."This will always be very special to me...It was my first single way back then...If you know the words, then please nothing would be greater than you singing along".

And sure enough, midway through the song itself I could feel what was going to happen. There was the split-second pause after the second choruse where the crowd was confused, but I knew what was about to happen. Every nerve was on fire and my mom (to whom HGTA means a LOT) sorta shook with the energy of the moment. Drum beat. "Then sings my souuuulllll....."

It was magic. I'm not a religious person, but that was incredible. And I don't know if I fully got the message, or if the crowd fully got the message..I don't know if there really is a God who was listening to her...What I do feel certain about is that there is no doubt who she believed in her heart she was singing to...Those last few lines were not addressed to us, but to someone upstairs

And as is characteristically Carrie, she ditches her good-Christian-girl image with a shrug in one second. The drum kicks in and LN starts to play. How she can go from one extreme to the other like that while being so convincing in both elements is wonderful. One thing that I liked and thought I should mention is that during LN, she did a cool thing with the two back-up singers. Towards the end of the song with the "Yeeaah--ay--yeah, Yeeaah--ay--yeah...Oh, ooaaawww" part, they swung their mics back and forth as though Carrie and the 2 back-ups were sorta duelling. So she'd lean forward and do her "Yeah-ee-yeah" and they would fall back. Then they would lean forward as though attacking with their "Yeah-ay-yeah" and she'd shrink away. I dunno if I described it well, but I thought it was cool.

Then she did Sweet Child of Mine (SUCK IT, NICOLE!!) Introduced it as "One that we haven't done in forever, and I know you guys know the words, so you better sing along!" She slayed it like a fiery demon. I would have preferred Paradise City, but that's just me

And then it was time for the moment I was dreading, yet I knew was inevitable. The music starts to play, it's a familiar tune. She comes out down on the little ramp thing. "Right now, he's probably...."

She did her usual performance of BHC - Making us sing the chorus once before doing so herself...I suspect she was kinda tored by that point, because she chose to end it with a soft growl "Before he cheats...Oooh--ooohhh" rather than her usual belted "Ooohhh---OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Thank you guys so much for coming out tonight...We hope this is the first of many Boots And Hearts to come...You guys be safe tonight...Give it for my band...Goodbye!"

We went to the car, got stuck in the parking lot for an hour as everyone exited, drove home, I went to bed. Got up, came to work and started typing this

Concert Stars
    I can relate in the drunken people category. The drunk people were so rude and made unnecessary remarks and were just plain stupid. There was one drunk man who was topless and causing such a stir that they had to call the police. Like, is that really necessary? And the amount of girls who were wearing next to nothing, we don't want to see everything. I literally got mooned on one occasion.

Other than the complete rudeness of people, the whole day/night was COMPLETELY worth it. It was awesome seeing Mike speak. Lauren Alaina was a huge highlight for me, she put on a great show and we went and stood in line to meet her after for photos and autographs - she was so sweet! She's on vocal rest but she still tried to whisper back to me. She's a sweetheart. I missed Paul Brandt and Terri Clark (which was kinda sad, but oh well) I didn't recognize any of Lionel Richies's songs to be honest (don't hurt me) but he was good, a lot of good energy. Carrie honestly sounded better than I have ever heard her sing, and I didn't think that was possible. I had shivers for her whole set, and I'm pretty sure I've temporarily lost my voice. One of the best shows I have ever been to.

I was sad she put on leggings for the set as well! In the meet and greet she didn't have them on, so I saw them up close...it makes me not want to look at my legs ever again. Seriously!

Concert Stars
    Carebear4eva~ Thanks so much for the fantastic review! Sorry you and your mom (and others) had to endure some drunks and their rude and idiotic behavior. Glad to hear your mom was okay. Sounds like you had an amazing time. Duh~ it's Carrie! It will be interesting to see how this show differs from the tour set. Now, I can't wait to attend the Blown Away concert next month!

Carrie Guru
    Hey everyone, I'm totally exhausted from the weekend so I'll give my thoughts on the B&H weekend later tonight. Sorry carebear4eva that you had that horrible experience. I hope your mom's ok. There were a ton of low life's that showed up to the festival that ruined it for everyone. The worst night was kid rock where we were lucky to survive without someone getting seriously hurt.

And especially for Nicole I will post my video of SCOM later tonight.
    rainbow1, Gator, Smokyiiis and 3 others like this.

•  
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast