Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Adrian's Aussie Review (Melbourne was BLOWN AWAY!)

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Adrian's Aussie Review (Melbourne was BLOWN AWAY!)

Hey y'all!
    The concert was absolutely amazing! Such an prestige classic venue accommodated Carrie, the country superstar she is & proved to Melbourne/Australia tonight! Damien Leith warmed everything up with his sultry indie acoustic 40min set before a half hour interval. The band arrives, everyone screams & Carrie arrives for a 100minute set which we thought was going to open with Blown Away going by the sound of the music, the colored lights & sensation but then boom Good Girl roars to life as Carrie comes out! Tearing everything apart she plows through the opening set list (you know it lol!) before toning it down throughout with her classic beauties/ballads (JTTW, W, JAD, SS, TH, HGTA etc) but then boom in between them Last Name, BHC, CC etc pump on up! Carrie has this way of making that change work She didn't talk that much but she did get funny & joke around a bit, especially as she relaxed as the show went on! She forgot the mic stand at one time (when they did the mid concert intimate sit down performances - Q, DYTAM, NETY etc) & made an awesome joke out of it with her saying 'I'm 1 for 2, I forgot the mic but I know how to sing lol their my 2 jobs tonight - bring the mic stand with me & sing!'. Carrie also mentioned her awkward talkin on stage lol she's not that bad!

Performances & vocals were mesmerizing! Got a bit teary in JTTW/HGTA but surprisingly kept it together but I think I did because I was so excited & was grooving! It'll hit me as I go/get closer to the next shows Unfortunately missed LLA as I had to duck out to the bathroom (but I heard it lol & I've got 3 more shows to hear it)! Standing ovation by nearly everyone for JTTW/HGTA - was totally brilliant! Im pretty sure Carrie said thank you to Jesus when she finished the performance! Before the song, she was giggling because she didn't know what was on next & she was checking the set list but couldn't see it lol! 'I am privileged to sing this song for the rest of my life even 40yrs from now & I'm so glad I got my hands on it, it's JTTW' & she gave a spiel about ITYS with Randy Travis & how she looks up to him & the process of going about/recording ITYS.

The front rows were covered in the smoke machine during JAD lol the machine went mad hahs & Carrie joked/apologized about it haha! Mike & Ann were watching from the side backstage & there was a very cool massive promo pic outside the theatre which we got photos in front of!

Performance wise tonight -

Best performance - JTTW/HGTA
    Best Upbeat - Undo It (totally epic with all the band up front with Carrie, the same colored lights as the video - it was very much like the UI music video!)

Best Ballad - IKYW/BA

Loved it all obviously but definite standouts were those plus Last Name, CC, DYTAM, SS, GG, the INXS cover & NETY!
    I have a new found love for NETY lol! The awesome performance really showed off the beat, the lyrics & the instruments - Carrie was grooving to it so much!

Y'all have to see/hear the INXS cover - superb! Carrie rocking out to it & she said I 'adore this band & why not cover something Austalian!'. EPIC!

My friend next to me was crying most of the time lol & what a diverse range of people there let me tell you! Carrie appeals to such a wide range I still can't believe how great it was & just saw Carrie live after all these dedicated years!

Adrian

Thank you for your review! So happy for you, Adrian! Sounds like it was incredible! Can't wait until some vids show up! And, just think, you get to see her several more times!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for your review. Glad you had an awesome time!

Huge Carrie Follower
    thanks adrian

Concert Stars
    Wow, amazing.
    Thanks for the writeup. I felt like I was right there.
    So she did alot of her standard repertoir it sounds like.
    Probably because this is international.
    She will probably change things up for Blown Away tour here in the states.
    I am assuming she will be singing more from it.
    Anyway amazing.
    Glad it went well.
    And thanks to all you Aussies for taking such good care of her.

Concert Stars
    Enjoyed your review Adrian! Thanks for taking the time out to write something up before you catch some shut-eye!

Concert Stars
    OMG awesome! So happy you had a good time! Thanx for the review!!!! Did you get any pictures or videos?

dying to see the INXS cover. I am such a fan of them and I never knew they were Australian? ha ha Figures we picked a zillion other artists she might cover but I never would have guessed INXS. Brilliant!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    No problem at all yeah I only said they 'could' use it for the States because the set list is perfect (Lstname your not the only one who likes it lol) but she'll prob do more BA over there. This list is perfect for first time international dates (hits classics & newbies) but I'm hoping you get WAW/GIG! I want to hear them live so much!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    What is "INXS cover & NETY"?

Concert Stars
    Thank you Adrian!!! Soooo happy for you!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    What is "INXS cover & NETY"?
    INXS - "Never Tear Us Apart" (INXS - band fron Australia)
    NETY - Nobody Ever Told You
    Mirasa45A and Carrie&Taylor like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Thanks for the review... So glad you had a great time.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am not sure but I think that Adrian had a good time. lol
    Ann055 and allirishgirl like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    That was such a great review! I am soooo happy you Aussies get to see Carrie, and I am so happy that you all love her as much as we do!

Thanks for sharing your joy with us!

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Great review. Sounds like it was an amazing night. Your making me feel bad for not going

Concert Stars
    loved your review enjoy the rest of your shows!

gotta be honest never heard that song before! great video here

Carrie Underwood Melbourne 2012 Never Tear us Apart Inxs Cover Australia - YouTube

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review of one of Carrie's concerts in Australia

Carrie Guru
    [QUOTEMike & Ann were watching from the side backstage ][/QUOTE]

You know that you are the TOP artist when the Top Management person comes with you !

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Hi Adrian! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a great time! You can't beat the experience of seeing Carrie live in concert. It makes you appreciate her even more. She's incredible! I hope she returns to Australia very soon!

Late to this... but glad you have a good time too Adrian!

I know I had a blast that night too! Wasn't she flat out amazing? So cool that you saw Mike watching from backstage.... I was too far lol.
    hjj likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast