Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: My London review & pics!

Concert Stars

My London review & pics!

Well guys, my writing skills are notthe best but here goes! My Lodon review!

To use the title of a Carrie song..........What Can I Say???? Finally a dream come true!

So I will start my review by tellingyou about my trip to London. Obviously, I was too excited to sleep Wednesday! So I went to the airport earlier than needed as I was soparanoid that something would go wrong & I would miss my plane! Boy was that a good call! As I was waiting in departures I heard an annoucement that flights out of Dublin were delayed! I knew it!! someone was conspiring against me getting to see Carrie!! So off Imarched to a desk & asked why etc. Explaining that I had aconcert to go to & that i could not afford the possibility of that plane arriving too late. The lady at the desk agreed to put me on an earlier flight! Happy enough! Then she tells me I have 5mins to make it through security & board the plane! Stress! But I skipped the queue & went straight to the top! Phew! I made it in time!

So now is where I explain that I have a terrible fear of heights. I cannot even climb the ladder into theattic in the house! Even a 10,000 foot skydive for charity couldntcure me of my fear. And what would ya know.........they give the person with the fear of heights....you guessed it..... a window seat!! I tried all kinds of deep breathing to relax myself. I feltreally sorry for the 2 Canadian pensioners sitting beside me. But with a little turbulance we finallly touched down in London.

Now I headed for my hotel & got ready to go to the RAH! Typical Melissa couldnt find the bus station.So I asked this fella on the street where it was.....Turns out he was an Italian living in London. He was hot that was a bonus!! When it was clear that I did not understand where he was telling me to go hekindly offered to go out of his way & walk me to the station.Thank you Atonio – my knight in shining armour! Got me on a bus & it stopped right outside the RAH. There I met a lovely Aussie womanon the door. We had a great 10 min chat & she revealed that Carrie had already arrived so there was no point in waiting around to see her arrive. Gates opened at 6:45 & I made my way straight to the merch stand- bought me two tshirts, a poster, a photo, maget –basically everything except the gym bag. Next stop.......the bar!
    where I met a lovely lady named Sue who asked me where the merch stand was. I went to show her & we gotlost! (beware me getting lost is a recurring event in this review!!!!!) Finally we found it, she got her stuff & i went to my seat.

30 more mins & Carrie would be onstage! I started to feel really nervous. A wave of anxiousness rushed over me. Then the lights went out, the music started & finally.........CARRIE!!!!!!!!!

The place errupted! Everyone was up & out of their seat as she immaculately kicked off the show with GG.The crowd were digging it & her face just radiated relief! What an amazing start to the show & it just kept getting better! Up next FOTF.......it was at this point that the tears started to flow-and they flowed freely! After 7 long years the wait was finally over.I've always said that the YT vids of her in concert are amazing but to finally hear her live in person......unbelievable! And even more impressive (if that was possible!)! Next came Wasted – one of my faves from SH. The crowd were really into it & were still on their feet (where they remained for the whole night!! Not once did we sit down! At this point the tears were under control!) Next came TBC & OMG WOW!!!!! like, seriously, WOW is all I can say to that performance.Unbelievable!!!! I'm becoming even more amazed with her vocals.. Thus far they were out of this world! I mean we all kow she is ureal but hearing her sing to a sold out audience of 6,000 – she was in another league. Not a note out of tune! Now it was time for Carrie to talk to us! Yay!! She thanked us for what she was sure was going tobe an amazing night & that London had welcomed her very well.Then told us she was a long way from home. She said it was a milestone to which she recieved enormous applause & cheering. And then she told us she felt like singing!

SS was next. She introduced it by saying that it was really important to her & that it was all about the little things in life. Boy oh boy did she belt that one out! Now some of you will know that this is my all time fave Carrie song .It got me through a pretty rough time in my life & had the tears falling once more! Now she sang TH . Carrie introduced this by saying that she feels like in our lives we are moving on to some different things. That its the most personal song she has been able to write & thats its all about moving on & not staying in our Temporary home. And it was incredible! Now is was the turn of LN to get the crowd, who were still standing, dancing &singing along. She hit one “Last” and held it for what seemed an eternity! JAD was next and again the vocals were mind blowing! I was sure she wouldnt be able to keep up this standard all night & well I have no problem admitting I was wrong! Powerful performance! Now time for more Carrie Banter to introduce ITYS saying she wore out this persons casette tapes which she stole from her sisters & said that when she met Randy for the first time she cried as he was someone she idolised her whole life.
    Now it was time for LLA & I loved this one! Great crowd involvement! CC was next & again the crowd were loving it & hanging on Carries every word. NETY was the next song Carrie sang for us & this is one of my absolute faves from BA Backwards love song as Carrie described it was up next – Quitter! Now it was the turn of DYTAM. Sweetly sang & had the crowd singing along with the Oh I, Oh I's. She ended with saying it was one of her fave songs from BA. Now was OWT which Carrie introduced by asking us how many of us liked going on vacation. Work too hard every single day & she said it was a vacation in a song & told us to imagine we were ona beach with a drink in our hand! Like we needed encouraging lol. Then it was UI which Carrie asked us to do the na- na- na- na- nas for. How could we refuse a request like that?! So we gladly obliged More Carrie banter! She said we didnt need her to come to the UK as they already have great vocalists of their own.(she was joking right??!! ) She wants us to know how respectful she is of a lot of artists & that she thought why not do a little cover song so a cover of Fix You by Coldplay was up next ........well.........holy crap!!! I'm sure you guys have all seen the videos by now! AMAZING! EPIC! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Next was the turn of JTTW/HGTA and well I have no way to describe that performance........nope...... cant even try.All I can say is that every hair on my arms stood up and again with the tears. CGAS was next & still ot a bad note was heard in the arena! It truely was amazing! This was followed by BHC. Again Carrie asked us to sing along if we knew the lyrics.....and again we had no problem doing as we were asked. At this point in the show Carrie left the stage to enormous cheers & applause. People started to leave & I was all like.....eh come back! She still hadnt done BA & who leaves a concert when the artist leaves the stage for the first time? Of course there was going to be an encore. And of course Carrie came back with IKYW and again highly impressive. Everyone seemed tostand still & were mesmerized by her voclas on this one. Carrie ended the concert with BA & literally left us all blown away! (cheesy, i know but just go with it! ) She thanked us for an amazing show & that it was an honour & a privilege to be there with us & that she hopes it will be the first of many times they get to play there. Well all I can say to that is we cant wait to have her back & hopefully for more than 1 concert in more thanone European country! Hint hint!!

But the adventure did not end there!!

As I was running late for the tube I decided to hail a taxi. Got in & was having a great chat with the driver. So I paid him & got outta the taxi. THEN>>>>>>>>>DISASTER!!!!!

It'sat this point that I realised I had forgotten my handbag - whichcontained my plane ticket, passport & wallet in the taxi!! So Iwas stranded in London with no cash or ID!! The only thing I could dowas try to find the Irish Embassy in London ( a mere 2.5 hour walkaway!) Having reached the Embassy the sound of another Irish voice brought me to tears! I told my story to the woman there.......they could not get me a passport as all applications are sent to Dublin &then posted back to London!

So my friend has a friend (I know her well enough) who lives in London &she called to say get a taxi to her school she would pay it & give me the keys to her house & I could stay there. So I told thepeople in the Embassy this & they said it would cost well over £110 so a very nice woman in reception there went to her own bag & gave me enough cash & directions to get to Bro's school. When I got there I went to reception & Bro came out. I was telling her exactly what happened & as she gave me directions to her house a man interrupted & said he couldnt help but over hear what happened & offered to drop me off at her house. What a nice man! So now at this stage I had the mother of all migraines. Bro got home & we decided I could go home on a sail rail ticket - no ID needed! Happy days!! So I booked my ticket home for Saturday morning! I set off on my travels around 10 that morning & didnt get home til almost 12 that night!!

A truely unforgettable trip! But I'd do it all again in the morning ofmeant seeing Carrie in concert again!!! I wouldnt change a thing asfinally I got to mark the #1 wish off my bucket list. And since I started with a Carrie song reference, I'll finish with one..............She truely did leave me Blown Away!!!!

I figure you guys will get a good laugh from this! I decided better laugh about it than cry about it! It definitely was a traumatising experiece at the time but nothing that happened after Thursday night could take away from seeing Carrie in concert!

Some observations I made during the concert:

Carrie is wayyyyyy smaller than I expected!
    That ring sure sparkles!!
    She does not stand still for long.
    YouTube does not do her concerts ANY justice!!

ohhow happy I am to finally be able to have a concert star!!

here are some pics and a link to the rest
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=ef4d132fa7

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I am so happy for you that you finally got to see Carrie in person! It truly is unforgettable hearing her amazing voice live! Hopefully many more concerts are to come for you!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    I LOVED reading your review and seeing the pics! I am so glad you got to see Carrie in concert! She is truly amazing. I am also glad that everyone had a good time.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    amazing review and great pics!!
    I'm so glad you finally got to experience what it's like to see and hear Carrie live. Nothing like it.
    She is so amazing!

and I loved your observation points!
    First time I saw her I thought the same things!Well the ring sparkle part was 2 years later but still...
    allirishgirl likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great review and happy you were able to see Carrie and thankfully your trip ended better than what it might have ended. Sorry for the loss of your purse and passport etc. Too bad the cabbie was unable to recover your belongings.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you! I was almost in tears just reading your review, thanks. I know how long you (an all outside of the US and Canada) have read our reviews and hoped for a Carrie concert. I'm so excited you now can put up that concert too. I hope soon all who have been missing the chance to see Carrie can. What an adventure you had too! Yikes!
    allirishgirl likes this.

What a great review and pics, Mel! So glad you got to see Carrie! I'm almost in tears reading your review. Am so glad you got home ok!!! I'm sure Carrie will be back and you will get to see her again! Thanks again!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Great review and happy you were able to see Carrie and thankfully your trip ended better than what it might have ended. Sorry for the loss of your purse and passport etc. Too bad the cabbie was unable to recover your belongings.
    Yeah, really sorry for the loss of your personal things. Too much excitement of the night. I am also glad you finally saw Carrie live in concert, an unbelievable experience. Cant wait to see her on October.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Loved your review and the pics are so beautiful!!! I'm sorry about your lost purse and passport...wow, that was some walk!!! What is a sail rail? Just wondering....so happy you finally saw the wonderful Ms Underwood!!!!!!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Love this review. You sounded very excited at the concert and met some nice Carrie Fans.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Melissa, I am so happy that you finally got your wish to see Carrie and that it turned out to be everything you had wished for. I guess all the drama and stress with everything else will make this an even more memorable trip. Thanks for sharing your review. I'm amazed you were able to remember so many details with everything else that happened to you on your trip. I'm really glad you got home safely.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing your experience, Mel! It's great that you finally got to experience Carrie live.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    110 english pounds for a cab ride!!
    allirishgirl likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I fail to comment in my previous post but your pictures are gorgeous. It looked like you had a great view.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Thank you for the great review and pictures... So glad you finally got home... Glad you were able to see Carrie. So sorry about the loss of your purse and passport.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the review and pictures Melissa. I was following your saga on twitter and I have to say I was happy that you made it home. Seeing Carrie for the first time is amazing as you can't really believe her voice till you hear it in person. Glad you had a great time at the concert and it is a trip you'll never forget.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    that was a great review! i'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and that everything worked out in the end.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thank you for the great review and the pictures. Sorry about the losses.
    allirishgirl likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review ha ha Carrie is smaller when you see her because when you see her on TV it looks like she taller but no she is smaller
    allirishgirl likes this.

Concert Stars
    So happy you finally had the chance to see one of Carrie's concerts and you are right, she looks and sounds much better in person than on YouTube. I'm also sorry about all the trouble you had with your bag and passport.

Thanks for the pictures too.
    allirishgirl likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast