Carrie Guru

[Jun 26, 2012] Melbourne, Australia

The Palais Theatre, Melbourne, Australia
    8:00 pm

Opening Act: Damien Leith
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac aussiefan_21's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I will be there!! I've only seen Carrie once, back in 2009 when I was travelling throughout the US. I never ever thought Carrie would come to Australia to tour .... and although she's not coming near where I live, I don't mind catching that 4 hour flight to get there

Will post heaps of pics and a review after the concert! I'm also going to try my hardest to meet her while she is here, so if anyone knows of anything she's doing LET ME KNOW please! I've been pratically worshipping this girl for like 7 years

Have a wonderful time aussiefan!! Can't wait for your review and pics! So happy Aussie fans are getting to see Carrie!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wow aussiefan, you are surely a dedicated Carrie fan. I know you'll have a great time.

Concert Stars
    Thanks guys!! I've actually just arrived in Melbourne - caught the red-eye and it's just gone 5am here haha. Will be totally running on adrenalin all week ... but super excited for Tuesday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)
    opry051008 and Ann055 like this.

Carrie Guru
    ausssiefan_21, I'm still hoping for you to meet Carrie. Of all the people who will be at her concerts in Australia, you're one of the most deserving for a M&G.

Concert Stars
    This just about sums up my Carrie experience ........... hjflihjgfkhgjflijhgklfjglhjgifkghgklljhgijglfjflhl kghfipfgflhjkgl haha

OH. MY. GOD - I finally met Carrie!

I had to fly to Melbourne to see Carrie, which is all the way over the either side of the country ... but it was absolutely worth it!! I hadn't won a meet or greet or anything, it was just pure luck how I met Carrie - it totally made my whole day!!

We ran into Damien Leith (opening act) totally randomly in the street and he said her band was in sound check like right then around the corner. We started freaking out, headed to the theatre and heard the band and stuff but Carrie wasn't there yet. So anyway a bit of time passed and all of a sudden driving past us was Carrie and entourage heading towards the theatre. There was only 3 of us there and it was so freaking cold I thought she would go straight inside. Instead she walks over to us and she is just so super sweet. We were all in shock and couldn't say anything, I was so embarrassed! She is just an absolute goddess! She was like can I sign anything for you guys, we're like yeah and handed over our CD's. We were shaking so bad. Then she was like do you want a picture, and we're like OMG yeah. We just couldn't speak, we were in shock with what was happening! Anyway Mel said we had travelled from Perth to see her and she was like thankyou so much, that means so much to me etc. She was really tired and slept all day yesterday but she was excited to be in Australia. Anyway it totally made my day, and she was absolutely flawless during the concert. Words cannot describe how amazing it was. I was tearing up so much, and completely lost it during JTTW and IKYW! Just amazing ... and meeting Carrie was something I thought would never EVER happen. I'm still in shock and it hasn't really hit home yet I don't think!
    HuiZ, tigercae, Ace and 13 others like this.

So glad you got to meet Carrie, aussiefan! Sounds like you had a great time! Thank you for sharing with us!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Awesome! Congratulations, aussiefan_21 on meeting Carrie. Great photo of you with Carrie. It's a truly amazing experience to meet Carrie. She's just wonderful. Congrats again!

Concert Stars
    So happy for you Taz xxxx

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiefan_21 View Post
    This just about sums up my Carrie experience ........... hjflihjgfkhgjflijhgklfjglhjgifkghgklljhgijglfjflhl kghfipfgflhjkgl haha

OH. MY. GOD - I finally met Carrie!

I had to fly to Melbourne to see Carrie, which is all the way over the either side of the country ... but it was absolutely worth it!! I hadn't won a meet or greet or anything, it was just pure luck how I met Carrie - it totally made my whole day!!

We ran into Damien Leith (opening act) totally randomly in the street and he said her band was in sound check like right then around the corner. We started freaking out, headed to the theatre and heard the band and stuff but Carrie wasn't there yet. So anyway a bit of time passed and all of a sudden driving past us was Carrie and entourage heading towards the theatre. There was only 3 of us there and it was so freaking cold I thought she would go straight inside. Instead she walks over to us and she is just so super sweet. We were all in shock and couldn't say anything, I was so embarrassed! She is just an absolute goddess! She was like can I sign anything for you guys, we're like yeah and handed over our CD's. We were shaking so bad. Then she was like do you want a picture, and we're like OMG yeah. We just couldn't speak, we were in shock with what was happening! Anyway Mel said we had travelled from Perth to see her and she was like thankyou so much, that means so much to me etc. She was really tired and slept all day yesterday but she was excited to be in Australia. Anyway it totally made my day, and she was absolutely flawless during the concert. Words cannot describe how amazing it was. I was tearing up so much, and completely lost it during JTTW and IKYW! Just amazing ... and meeting Carrie was something I thought would never EVER happen. I'm still in shock and it hasn't really hit home yet I don't think!
    Oooh, you FINALLY did it -- have a picture with Carrie. I remember that you are one of the first Australian Carrie fan. I am so happy for you. !

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with us... Glad you were able to meet Carrie and sounds like you had a great time at the concert. Great picture!

Concert Stars
    Thanks guys ... and yep I was pretty much the first Aussie fan here on CF :-)
    I still can't believe what actually happened. I have to keep looking at the picture to make sure it was real haha!

hjj, tigercae, Pi314CA and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I still can't believe what actually happened. I have to keep looking at the picture to make sure it was real haha!

Yeah Taz you beat me hereby about a month!

And Taz get it and what she signed framed its worth the effort!

Concert Stars
    One question did carrie and Damien sing a song togther?

Concert Stars
    No, unfortunately they didn't sing together. Damien surprisingly was pretty good lol! You'll love her INXS cover ... AMAZING!

Gator likes this.

That day will be in my heart forever. So glad we got to experience it together, Carrie fans meeting for the first time! And we happen to live in the same state! I'll never forget that unexpected meeting with Carrie, what a sweetheart.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieU_AUS View Post
    That day will be in my heart forever. So glad we got to experience it together, Carrie fans meeting for the first time! And we happen to live in the same state! I'll never forget that unexpected meeting with Carrie, what a sweetheart.
    Oooh, that's so touching .

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieU_AUS View Post
    Awwwww Mel!! Yeah it's absolutely crazy how that whole day unfolded!! Who would have thought we would meet up like that ... and now you're only a short 2.5hr drive away haha. I'll never forget that day - meeting both you and Adrian, and topping that off with meeting Carrie as well was just unbelievable. I feel so blessed that we could all experience that together - meeting Carrie and seeing her first concert in Australia! Love it xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    Oooh, that's so touching .
    Naww... Thank you...

(Sorry i am so late with replies!)

•