Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1327Likes

Thread: Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert to Divorce

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I know some will blame Blake (I don't believe I am saying this because I am not a fan of him or his rude mouth-but) however a MAN usually allows the female in the marriage to file the papers and allow her to have some kind of dignity (I would for sure). The fact that Blake filed tells a very interesting story---and the facts will come out at a later time. It is kind of sad that Blake's marriage to Kay only lasted 3 years (she was one of his road managers and played a HUGE part in his career , was hard working and a really good person by some in Nashville and the marriage to Miranda only 4 years. However, as someone stated above--they were having an affair while he was still married to Kay (this is a fact that many people in Nashville knows to be true) and a marriage that starts out that way is on shaky grounds from the start IMO.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    I know some will blame Blake (I don't believe I am saying this because I am not a fan of him or his rude mouth-but) however a MAN usually allows the female in the marriage to file the papers and allow her to have some kind of dignity (I would for sure). The fact that Blake filed tells a very interesting story---and the facts will come out at a later time. It is kind of sad that Blake's marriage to Kay only lasted 3 years (she was one of his road managers and played a HUGE part in his career , was hard working and a really good person by some in Nashville and the marriage to Miranda only 4 years. However, as someone stated above--they were having an affair while he was still married to Kay (this is a fact that many people in Nashville knows to be true) and a marriage that starts out that way is on shaky grounds from the start IMO.
    That is true, he filed. It could be an interesting story whether, it's his fault or not.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Not sure we will ever know the full details as it isn't our business anyway, but I don't think this divorce necessarily has to be because one or the other had an affair. It's possible, of course, but I have a feeling it is more about two very different people who didn't have time to work on their marriage because of their careers. Perhaps one of them wanted children and the other didn't, perhaps Miranda was tired of Blake's drinking/smartass self and being in LA over half the year, or maybe Miranda was no cake walk herself (commenters on other sites have implied she could be jealous and prone to angry tirades). Perhaps he wasn't cheating on her, but she accused him of it constantly. Perhaps he really was cheating. Or perhaps they realized that their career goals make it impossible for them to be married at all when neither of them are ever home. It is just sad to me to see it happen, especially after just 4 short years. They have been together for 10, but that is pretty short for a marriage. I think they just had to have become two different people than when they first got married.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm not surprised because when Ellen asked on her show if there would be kids soon Blake was pretty stern with his no. I figured he was talking about just right then but then his answer after the no made it sound like never. I tried to find the full interview on YouTube, but it's cutoff after his no. I figured if Miranda wanted kids it wouldn't last.

Plus like everyone said she's looked miserable going all the way back to the CMAs. She didn't laugh at Carrie and Brad's jokes like she usually does and seemed to be forcing her smiles.

Concert Stars
    I feel very bad for them both, and wish them both the best. AS much as the Power Couple thing annoyed the crap out of me, I loved them as a couple. They seemed perfect for each other.

But I don't get all of you blaming Blake and making Miranda the victim? We know NOTHING about what happened or who is to blame.

All we do know for sure--- is that BLAKE filed the divorce papers, not Miranda. I just think it is unfair to take sides already and label Blake the bad guy when we do not even know if either of them did anything wrong.

This could be a situation where both were too career obsessed (TRUE) and neither budged enough to make time for the marriage. Both of their careers are doing really well, and Blake was clear in interviews that neither of them wanted kids. Maybe their careers just took over and left them drifting apart, with no one to blame?

I just do not think it is fair to jump on Blake and victimize Miranda, without knowing any facts. Blake could be the one heart broken for all we know. He filed, after all.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I know they have been plagued by rumors of divorce since almost day one, but for some reason I really thought these two would put in the work to try to make it work (unless there was infidelity committed by one of them). I would have been less surprised by Tim & Faith getting a divorce since they have also weathered their share of rumors. Aside from Mike & Carrie, this is probably the only country couple where I was a "fan" of the couple as well as the individual people. I mean, sure I like Faith/Tim and Garth/Trisha, but they have been together so long and are so out of the media at this point that I just don't think about it much. I guess I just relate more to Miranda and Carrie since they are closer to my age - just 3 years younger than me, so I hate to see people my age not making it last. Carrie and I hit so many of those milestones at the same ages - started dating at 25, engaged at 26, married at 27 (both about 18/19 mos of dating before marriage, although I was engaged after 6 months and she was engaged after almost a year), and a baby at 32. I know it's silly, but it feels like your friends are getting divorced.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ......I agree that it is not fair to start playing blame games when we know so little. And I also agree that their careers seemed to be most important to each of them.
    That said; the only thing that we do know for sure is that Miranda went through a major transformation while Blake seemed to stay very much the same guy he was for the last 10 years. Sometimes, changes like that can alter the foundation of a relationship cause both parties are not sure they are the same people that got together in the first place.

I personally think Miranda is someone that has gone through many changes, professionally, artistically, maybe socially,.. physically... She is not seemingly the same person she was 10 years ago. And maybe her attitudes about things have changed as well. WE just don't know, all we know is that she changed and Blake seemed to stay the same.
    I have heard Miranda say one thing and then turn around later and say the opposite so I am inclined to think she is someone who is going through a lot of changing in her life. And Maybe Marriage, though a romatic notion, and maybe good for a career, is a bad way to cling to structure while you are changing so much. What is the other person to think???
    teesharky likes this.

^ I agree with Tee. Think there's enough blame to go around, and we will probably never know the truth. A ton of rumors throughout their marriage -- not so much the 5 years they lived together. There was a big deal about Miranda and Dierks while they were touring, and same with Blake and someone on The Voice. Who knows if any of it is true!!
    I've never been a fan of either, so I surely can't be their judge and jury.
    terilyn, AdamJ and teesharky like this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I am very sad for them both. I have no doubt it was exceedingly difficult to live in a fish bowl while trying to maintain two high profile careers that require extensive travel. Who is or isn't at fault or why or how it happened is a fat lot of none of my business so I will not try to speculate.
    teesharky, ethelu and liz278 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well, I think a lot more growth occurs between 21 and 31 than does between 29 and 39. Most people by 29 know who they are and what they want, although I am sure some opportunities came Blake's way (The Voice) that changed the direction of his career from "just a country singer". It could be Blake that decided he wanted to do more with his career that took him farther from home. It could be that 21 year old Miranda who was enchanted with Blake at such a young age isn't as enchanted 10 years later. It could be that her personality changed in those 10 years, which is understandable, and his didn't, because he was older and more "settled" with who he was as a person. So many possibilities as to why they could have grown apart and chances are we'll never know the whole story and will only be given generic snippets of "we just weren't the same people" or "we wanted different things out of life".

(This was in response to PK, although I forgot to quote him)
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    I have a feeling MIranda will be doing more talking, and blake will say nothing.....
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ....I wonder if Carrie will comment. Not likely. She herself is such a private person. She may have already known it was coming anyway. who knows.....
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't think either one of them will say anything except the standard "Our schedules were a problem and we were apart too much and it is hard to maintain a relationship" so don't look for any information that is the truth---at least not publicly. -----and I don't blame them---it is not the public's business at all.

Concert Stars
    ........I don't know about that,.......I'm just sayin'........

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm sure they'll go on loving each other, just in a different way. I truly don't think either would ever say a bad word about the other, unless it was jokingly. The media will want total exposure and probe, but I don't think either would give the intimate details like that in an interview. For the public this will be very cordial and handled appropriate, behind closed doors is anyone's guess and nobody's business.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Have they already divorced or is it in the process?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Miranda, at award shows, seemed to never smile, most often looked angry, and that was before she and Blake were married. Not blaming her, b.c Blake appears to be quite a drinker (and proud of it), a fun loving guy, unless it's just an act. Sad to see a marriage break up. It will be nice to see them both smile. Maybe they can find happiness elsewhere. The bottom line, however, is happiness has to come from within. I wish them both happiness and love, and I'm also thrilled, it is not Carrie and Mike we're talking about.

I feel very bad for them as couple. Getting divorce is sad. I'm sure it will be even harder to do it in public eye with all the different stories the magazines will write to sell stories even if they are false. They have been off lately. I wish Miranda and Blake happiness and love. Priscilla and All That's Left are so sad now.
    teesharky, ethelu and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm sorry to be an ass (as usual), but this doesn't surprise me at all. I wonder if Blake has a new home-wrecker? You start off a home wrecker, you end up having your home wrecked.

"Go and fix your makeup, girl, it's just a breakup, run and hide your crazy and start acting like a lady..."

I wonder if they'll just saw their trailer in half? Could be double-wide, in which case they could split it right down the middle?

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    Have they already divorced or is it in the process?
    The divorce was final today.

•  
    Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast