Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 531
Like Tree1327Likes

Thread: Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert to Divorce

  1. #321
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,508
    Concert Stars
    Given that their divorce was already settled, it was a nasty thing to do. The only reason to publicly smear someone AFTER a divorce is finalized is because you want to destroy their reputation.
    To that end, Shelton and his PR team released an entire TEAM of people to serve as multiple “sources” and “close friends” and “insiders” to every entertainment magazine and website. Their goal: Destroy Miranda!


    THAT is SICKO
    txacar, rainbow1, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

  • #322
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    2,983
    Concert Stars
    Well, they're pretty low on the list of hotties in country music, so it would be slim pickings for Blake. Someone trashier than Miranda? Is that even a thing?

  • #323
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    ...I think the tabloids are eating this up because of the way these two have projected the image of their marriage. They have always celebrated this whole "redneck" drinkin' partying rough play hell be damned mentality, so its easy to now treat it all with less respect than you would someone who treats their marriage with love dignity and support.

    I'm sorry but in the public eye, you can't have it both ways.....

    I think the truth lies in the fact that not only did Blake do it, and fast, and clearly, that there was no love lost with him. And the fact that both are out publically "moving on" that there is no great loss of "privacy" to be concerned about. Neither is acting much like the heart broken victim.
    Its just a perfect example of creating an image for the public that is not remotely true, but people believe anything the Entertainment Industry shows them. Its funny cause all I ever hear is "I am so shocked, they seemed so good together" and the only images to go by are public pics at award shows and formal viewings. They never seemed to be connected with regard to the way each one expressed themselves through social media. Sure they might send things out in support of eachother but it never felt like two people who are living one life together. That is marriage folks.

    So time to move on. I was ready for Blake to continue to be the high profile bachelor about town that he always has been. But I was not as ready to see Miranda getting up on stage at local concerts with her "throat problems" suddenly healed, and her privacy no longer needing protection... (what happened to "we have real family and friends and we need privacy").
    Whatever Miranda, I've got your number. I'm pretty much sure you are the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend you always were, and Blake just thought it would be fun till it wasn't fun anymore. Each in the party use eachother. There are no victims here.

    Now I am just so interested to see what happens to her momentum with both Blake Shelton and Gary Overton gone........that's a lot of career support lost in a very short time....

  • #324
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,055
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I normally don't care much about celebrity divorces. I am always sad by anyone divorcing, but since I am a big Miranda fan and also a fan of Blake to an extent (I loved his earlier music and I like him pretty well on the Voice when I watch it), I will admit that I am a little too interested in what really happened and I hate all of the gossip and rumors. I mean, Ben and Jen didn't seem to have this many crazy headlines and accusations when they announced their divorce, but maybe it's because everyone has been expecting that one for a long time due to his gambling and other long-term problems people have known about. I always took the Blake/Miranda "trouble in paradise" headlines about the same way I do ones about Mike and Carrie or Tim and Faith, and I never really thought it would happen. I know that there is the whole "their marriage started from an affair (maybe)" aspect, but that doesn't stop Garth and Trisha from going strong.
    It's all about being in the spotlight. I actually thought they were a very cute couple and thought they would last. It's sad that they divorced but even sadder at the craziness behind the WHY.

    I don't know them so will not speculate. But the divorce was rushed, so something BIG happened.

    Good luck to them.

    Some of you are so mean... Lol

  • #325
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Well, they're pretty low on the list of hotties in country music, so it would be slim pickings for Blake. Someone trashier than Miranda? Is that even a thing?
    ...there are websites........

  • #326
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Given that their divorce was already settled, it was a nasty thing to do. The only reason to publicly smear someone AFTER a divorce is finalized is because you want to destroy their reputation.
    To that end, Shelton and his PR team released an entire TEAM of people to serve as multiple “sources” and “close friends” and “insiders” to every entertainment magazine and website. Their goal: Destroy Miranda!


    THAT is SICKO
    What is sicko? What he is doing to her or what she is doing to him?
    Take the names and reverse them and you get the exact same thing : "To that end, Lambert and her PR team released an entire TEAM of people to serve as multiple "sourses" and "close friends" and "insiders" to every entertainment magazine and website with one goal: Destroy Blake!
    teesharky and terilyn like this.

  • #327
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,771
    Concert Stars
    ^ that Blind Item bs is clearly a huge fan of Miranda and comepletely biased against Blake. I have no use for jaded biased bloggers who cannot simply be professional and impartial and report the facts.

    Miranda is taking a page out of the Taylor Swift victim playbook. Not buying it until there is actual proof he cheated. It still seems like she is backpeddaling to save her image.

    vice versa- we need proof Miranda cheated too before she is convicted and sentenced.

    They et are both acting ridiculous right now. Their teams need to back off.
    oldyfan, terilyn and _luvqry like this.

  • #328
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    340
    I think it's only a matter of time until Blake drunk-tweets everything.

  • #329
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    .......I will say this for those who still think anything about this is sad..... What is really sad to me, is that for the sake of the people that really believed you cared about each other, how about showing some dignity and self respect! that is what is sad. They themselves tarnishing their own image of their marriage. Sad.

    ...think about it, if its true that this all just comes from people who are paid to come up with meaningless gossip, than you can stop it. You can just say "I am not going to allow this to happen to the image of what my marriage was about. I don't accept this".
    But no. Both are showing themselves to be the low level celebrities they really are. Reveling in the notoriety, the gossip, and who can slander who worse.

    Now that's SICKO!

  • #330
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Curr View Post
    I think it's only a matter of time until Blake drunk-tweets everything.
    ...one of them is going to do it, and then the other, and then the other, ......get out your popcorn......

  • #331
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,508
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    What is sicko? What he is doing to her or what she is doing to him?
    Take the names and reverse them and you get the exact same thing : "To that end, Lambert and her PR team released an entire TEAM of people to serve as multiple "sourses" and "close friends" and "insiders" to every entertainment magazine and website with one goal: Destroy Blake!
    Actually at the time she was laying low. He threw the first punch in the slinging war
    JB172, stuffy, pklongbeach and 2 others like this.

  • #332
    Insane Carrie Fan The Nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,858
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Well, they're pretty low on the list of hotties in country music, so it would be slim pickings for Blake. Someone trashier than Miranda? Is that even a thing?
    You're seriously underestimating the influence of money and fame in a relationship.

    But the celebrity gossip in music lately... Ariana and the doughnut. Blake and Miranda divorce. And then the Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift twitter feud. And I don't normally even follow this kind of stuff.

  • #333
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    2,011
    If we start reading one of the gossip websites claiming that their pets couldn't get along and that's why they decided to divorce we'll know that the story is reaching an end and the gossip sites will move on to something else.

  • #334
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    2,983
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    You're seriously underestimating the influence of money and fame in a relationship.

    But the celebrity gossip in music lately... Ariana and the doughnut. Blake and Miranda divorce. And then the Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift twitter feud. And I don't normally even follow this kind of stuff.
    That's true, but I'd turn down all of Blake's money and fame if he offered. Ick.

  • #335
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Actually at the time she was laying low. He threw the first punch in the slinging war
    While neither of them are coming off very well at the moment I have to agree that Blake's people did sling the first mud ball.

  • #336
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,771
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Given that their divorce was already settled, it was a nasty thing to do. The only reason to publicly smear someone AFTER a divorce is finalized is because you want to destroy their reputation.
    To that end, Shelton and his PR team released an entire TEAM of people to serve as multiple “sources” and “close friends” and “insiders” to every entertainment magazine and website. Their goal: Destroy Miranda!


    THAT is SICKO

    No offense but Miranda's team is just as guilty of a smear campaign.

    If it turns out that Miranda did cheat- her attempt to deflect the blame back to him and call him a cheater etc is rotten.

    If he cheated too- they are both guilty so what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Lol
    red40 and terilyn like this.

  • #337
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    No offense but Miranda's team is just as guilty of a smear campaign.

    If it turns out that Miranda did cheat- her attempt to deflect the blame back to him and call him a cheater etc is rotten.

    If he cheated too- they are both guilty so what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Lol
    Nobody is giving her a free pass the issue that people have is once Blake had the divorce sealed so no information got out then his people at his directive shouldn't be putting the info that is very likely in those documents out via the entertainment sites like they did, it's clear that he wanted that info out but he and his people must think that everyone in the public are complete idiots not to see through what he is doing.

    She made things even messier by her people putting out her spin at her directive but if Blake doesn't fire the first shot this situation might not have gone totally off the rails like it has.
    pklongbeach, oldyfan and terilyn like this.

  • #338
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,508
    Concert Stars
    I have a tendency to believe this blind and I can't put my finger on why except that I've always thought Blake was sleezy and a fame whore.

    WINE& SASS 07/22 **#1**
    This is an easy one. We got some information from a very good source close to these A List Musicians who are now divorced.

    1. She had no idea the divorce was coming. They haven't spent much time together recently and if you added up the total time they've been together in their entire marriage, it would probably add up to six months. He pulled some strings and had his divorce filing moved to the front of the line. With their pre-nup, it was an extremely easy case. BUT....

    2. The documents were sealed because he had to fork over quite a bit of cash rather than fight her about the pre-nup. He cheated years before and was cheating now. This was a stipulation in their pre-nup. He cheats, she gets some serious cash. He put that stipulation in there to begin with, she doesn't need
    money.

    3. If you speculated that he filed because he has a side piece, you'd be correct. The side piece was about to blow the lid off everything because she was tired of being a secret. So he filed for divorce to shut her up and as soon as the ink was dry, he had his PR team write up tons of different stories that all contradict each other and dumped her. With all the conflicting news stories, there's no blowing the cover off the whole thing. He's got the media and public not sure what to believe.

    4. His ex-wife hasn't said one word about any of it. All the "source" posts you see are all from his team: she cheated, he cheated, she doesn't want kids, he doesn't want kids, she's psycho..... whatever they could come up with. And let me tell you that the ex is spitting mad at how he's handled everything. She considers the entire marriage a lie based on how he did all this behind her back while pretending everything was fine. Giving interviews about how amazing she and their marriage is while using contacts to get a quicky divorce. But she's not one to play her feelings out in the media, she will slow burn and then give her side of the story in her music and everyone will rush to buy what she's selling to hear her side. Her next album will probably be epic.
    Miranda Lambert/Blake Shelton

  • #339
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,466
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Nobody is giving her a free pass the issue that people have is once Blake had the divorce sealed so no information got out then his people at his directive shouldn't be putting the info that is very likely in those documents out via the entertainment sites like they did, it's clear that he wanted that info out but he and his people must think that everyone in the public are complete idiots not to see through what he is doing.

    She made things even messier by her people putting out her spin at her directive but if Blake doesn't fire the first shot this situation might not have gone totally off the rails like it has.
    I agree with all you said. I was saddened by their divorce being fans of both and thinking they were well-suited for each other (at least until Blake started chasing more fame in LA), but now I am really just interested to see what is the truth and what isn't. It's kind of like a train wreck - I can't look away and I am shocked that either of them is stooping to this level. At this point, it isn't so much being sad at the loss of a marriage as being sad at the (possible) behavior if either of them are really letting publicists (either their personal ones or ones for "companies" that are associated with) do this to each other. It will all blow over, I'm sure, as soon as the next scandal breaks, but I would love for one or both of them to actually speak out or issue a formal statement that cheating by either party was not the cause of the divorce. If it was the cause on either end, I am going to lose a whole lot more respect for the one(s) that cheated and then chose to sling mud at each other.

  • #340
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,466
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I have a tendency to believe this blind and I can't put my finger on why except that I've always thought Blake was sleezy and a fame whore.

    WINE& SASS 07/22 **#1**
    This is an easy one. We got some information from a very good source close to these A List Musicians who are now divorced.

    1. She had no idea the divorce was coming. They haven't spent much time together recently and if you added up the total time they've been together in their entire marriage, it would probably add up to six months. He pulled some strings and had his divorce filing moved to the front of the line. With their pre-nup, it was an extremely easy case. BUT....

    2. The documents were sealed because he had to fork over quite a bit of cash rather than fight her about the pre-nup. He cheated years before and was cheating now. This was a stipulation in their pre-nup. He cheats, she gets some serious cash. He put that stipulation in there to begin with, she doesn't need
    money.

    3. If you speculated that he filed because he has a side piece, you'd be correct. The side piece was about to blow the lid off everything because she was tired of being a secret. So he filed for divorce to shut her up and as soon as the ink was dry, he had his PR team write up tons of different stories that all contradict each other and dumped her. With all the conflicting news stories, there's no blowing the cover off the whole thing. He's got the media and public not sure what to believe.

    4. His ex-wife hasn't said one word about any of it. All the "source" posts you see are all from his team: she cheated, he cheated, she doesn't want kids, he doesn't want kids, she's psycho..... whatever they could come up with. And let me tell you that the ex is spitting mad at how he's handled everything. She considers the entire marriage a lie based on how he did all this behind her back while pretending everything was fine. Giving interviews about how amazing she and their marriage is while using contacts to get a quicky divorce. But she's not one to play her feelings out in the media, she will slow burn and then give her side of the story in her music and everyone will rush to buy what she's selling to hear her side. Her next album will probably be epic.
    Miranda Lambert/Blake Shelton
    Sadly, it certainly sounds believable, but again - where do they get the information for these blinds? The last sentence in number 3 is definitely true - I have no idea what to believe at this point. It's hard to believe this much information has come out in just a couple days since the ink dried.
    Smokyiiis and oldyfan like this.


  •  
    Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrie Underwood: My Husband Has A 'Bromance' With Blake Shelton
      By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
    2. Blake Shelton vs. Carrie Underwood - The Showdown
      By Ann055 in forum Carrie Underwood Voting Threads
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
    3. Blake Shelton's Prank with Carrie's Help!
      By megsters101 in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-30-2011, 03:46 PM
    4. Funny Video by Blake Shelton W/Carrie Mention :)
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 04-30-2011, 07:08 AM
    5. Blake Shelton Inspired by Carrie's Wedding (Funny)
      By liveasong in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 04-29-2011, 09:13 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •