Ultimate Carrie Fan

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Split

After seven years of marriage, it's over for Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.

"We have decided to end our marriage," they tell PEOPLE in a joint statement. "This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters."

Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony Split : People.com

Insane Carrie Fan
    "The first two years we were kind of in wedded bliss. The third and fourth year, we just did everything together. He produced my album. We did the movie. We went on tour. We had the babies. We just got to the point, after the babies were born, when we realized that he has a responsibility to his fans and I have a responsibility to my fans," she says. "We still are two individual entities and artists, and we have to go off and do our things again."
    Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony call it quits - USATODAY.com

that's sad. putting career ahead of their relationship. lol I'm not like invested in their relationship or anything like that. I'm not even a fan of JLO. but it's kind of sad how high a rate divorces are now.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    That is just an excuse and I must say a stupid one.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I don't think that quote is in reference to their divorce. I'm guessing some extra marital affair...

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That seems like a really stupid excuse for a divorce and if they knew that work would come first for both of them they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place in my opinon.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfisher View Post
    I don't think that quote is in reference to their divorce. I'm guessing some extra marital affair...
    They just renewed their vows last year - I think there is a whole lot more we are going to learn later on. I'm not a fan either but sure very very sorry to hear. Always think of the kids - staying "active" in their life is nothing like having both parents live under the same roof.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I can't say I was surprised to hear this. There were constant rumors of Marc being a control freak & Jennifer a demanding diva addicted to her career.

I do feel bad for the twins though; they are beautiful kids, and it's always hardest on them when parents break up.
    I really hope Marc and Jennifer keep it amicable for them.

The higher the divorce rate gets, the luckier I feel to have parents who are still married...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    The higher the divorce rate gets, the luckier I feel to have parents who are still married...
    Yep, you're lucky to have a father who's not a douche bag.

I think it's sad that they're getting a divorce, but I knew the clock was ticking with JLo's resurgence. Which I'm still against.

They seem like they love each other very much, but I think JLo's recent fame has taken a huge toll. And it's all really silly. The poor twins.

Clearly, there's more going on behind the scenes than they're telling us. A divorce for the fans. Yes, because your fans LOVE to see how unhappy you are.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Im sure thats not the whole reason behind the divorce, but its sad that they split. But I feel like the media is sort of going insane, I was watching E for most of the day the other day and every 5 minutes they had to tell us about it

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It Is Sad That They Are Getting A Divorce But I'm Not Surprised At All Since J-Lo Married & Divorced Her Old Back-Up Dancer Chris Judd.I Do Feel Bad For Their Twins Though.
    Last edited by carrieismy1idol; 07-22-2011 at 12:58 PM.

•