Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood performs the National Anthem before the Predators

Carrie Underwood performs the National Anthem before the Predators

hjj, Mirasa45A, Pi314CA and 8 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for posting the video! I watched it on Twitter last night. So cool that she was the surprise! I didn't think she would do it!
    lizcarlo likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Great Job!! She is best when she is just relaxed and nails it!
    lizcarlo and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ....wish all the views were going to one video. Lets starting posting and sharing and see if we can get the numbers up. Combined it is over 100.000 views.....
    lizcarlo, cassie2 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie did beautiful job singing National Anthem . Loved it...
    Last edited by lizcarlo; 04-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I loved Carrie's rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner". I've watched the video four times now. Carrie looked so pretty in Mike's #12 jersey. :-)
    lizcarlo likes this.

So apparently the Predators' regular NA guy is not happy about Carrie and the other country acts performing the NA for the playoffs:

Predators-anthem-singer-upstaged

This is the most infuriating part for me:

"I don't blame Carrie Underwood or Luke Bryan or any of the other acts who have performed," Morgan said. "I've been as good-natured as I can be. With my closest friends, I've certainly shared my disappointment. But most of the time I'll toe the company line and say, 'Why am I not singing? Because I don't have seven Grammys, I'm not married to the captain, she's a whole lot prettier than me,' that kind of thing and try to leave it at that."
    bluetb4, rainbow1 and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    [QUOTE=Claire2004;4740524]So apparently the Predators' regular NA guy is not happy about Carrie and the other country acts performing the NA for the playoffs:

["I don't blame Carrie Underwood or Luke Bryan or any of the other acts who have performed," Morgan said. "I've been as good-natured as I can be. With my closest friends, I've certainly shared my disappointment. But most of the time I'll toe the company line and say, 'Why am I not singing? Because I don't have seven Grammys, I'm not married to the captain, she's a whole lot prettier than me,' that kind of thing and try to leave it at that."/QUOTE]

He should have just kept his mouth shut. Now he just looks like a sore loser. I also don't like that he used Carrie several times.
    maddkat, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    So apparently the Predators' regular NA guy is not happy about Carrie and the other country acts performing the NA for the playoffs:

Bringing up her Grammys, Mike and beauty as if she isn't talented enough to sing is petty. She has tremendously beautiful voice. Carrie did fantastic job singing. That's what she is known for after all. Why is he so annoyed?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post

what a petty little man.
    he acts like they would miss him if he stopped singing, doesn't he realize he lives in Nashville? Singers of his caliber are a dime a dozen there.
    sd20, bluetb4, Claire2004 and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well its a no brainer to ask the artists that live there to perform it. It creates extra buzz and excitement for the crowd. Maybe just enough for them to help cheer a little extra for the team!!!!!!

The article -- someone digging to cause trouble. And D is right what a petty little man!!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well its a no brainer to ask the artists that live there to perform it. It creates extra buzz and excitement for the crowd. Maybe just enough for them to help cheer a little extra for the team!!!!!!

The article -- someone digging to cause trouble. And D is right what a petty little man!!!
    These games are going to a National audience so Nashville would rightfully want to showcase the world wide stars that live there. While regular season is reserved for this little man who is now griping.
    rainbow1, bluetb4 and Claire2004 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I saw this on twitter last night and couldn't believe it! David Nail tweeted about it a couple times - first to say "what an ego!" and then to say that he himself was once the "backup" plan to sing God Bless America for the 2011 World Series for an AI winner and that he understood why if he didn't get to sing. He also quoted the Preds guy from the article when he said "I'm gonna have to do some soul searching" and was like "Come on, man!".

It is absolutely ridiculous really. He's trying to act like it's some sort of breach of contract or the Preds going against their word. It's so stupid. He needs to get over himself. There is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing in big-name acts to sing the anthem to get everyone hyped up for playoffs. I didn't like that one part about Carrie either. At first he wasn't too hard on her, because he said "the captain's wife" requested to sing and it was presented to him as a one night thing and he was ok with that, but that he got upset when they continued to do it with the other acts and touted them as "A-listers", which I guess he felt was an insult to him, but duh, buddy - you are NOT an A-lister by any means. Anyway, after the later comment about Carrie and "why" she got to sing and the reasons he gave, I no longer gave him the benefit of the doubt. Sour grapes indeed. Honestly, the Predators should show him the door for acting the way he has and they can walk through the door of just about any bar on Broadway to find a replacement.
    rainbow1, Claire2004 and bluetb4 like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/delusi...-sh&soc_trk=tw

This is too good not to read! Here are some of the best parts.

"So how do you feel, Dennis K. Morgan?

“They came to me and said the captain’s (Mike Fisher) wife asked to sing the anthem that night,” Morgan said. “It was presented to me as a one night only kind of thing and I agreed to it. Then they continued to bring in these other singers and touted them as ‘A-listers,’ which kind of hurt me.”
    At this point we must mention that Carrie Underwood, a.k.a. “The Captain’s Wife,” has sold 65 million records worldwide.

Dennis K. Morgan, meanwhile, needed the Predators to add an initial to his name so people could tell him apart from another Dennis Morgan in Nashville.

We continue:

Morgan said he informed Predators senior director of broadcast and entertainment Bob Kohl that he planned to tell The Tennessean about his disappointment by the decision to replace him in the playoffs and was given a thumbs-up.
    Wait, what?"

MORE:

“The Predators said they understood my disappointment and that they had even been hearing the same thing,” Morgan said.
    Can someone legitimately disappointed that Carrie Underwood sang the national anthem instead of Dennis K. Morgan please email us at puckdaddyblog@yahoo.com to let us know you exist outside the mind of Dennis K. Morgan?

OK then. We continue:

“I don’t blame Carrie Underwood or Luke Bryan or any of the other acts who have performed,” Morgan said.
    Excuse me sir, that’s “The Captain’s Wife” to you.

“I’ve been as good-natured as I can be. With my closest friends, I’ve certainly shared my disappointment. But most of the time I’ll toe the company line and say, ‘Why am I not singing? Because I don’t have seven Grammys,
    Yes.

“I’m not married to the captain,”
    bluetb4, Pi314CA, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm not even sure that Carrie "Asked" to sing. This guy is a major JERK!!!

From his first sentence of "They came to me and said the captain’s (Mike Fisher) wife asked to sing the anthem that night" is insulting and frankly quite delusional. He's implying that it's mainly because Carrie is the Captain's wife that's why the Press accommodated her wish to sing the NA. Hello!

Agree Donna, that man is so petty. He's the very definition of pettiness.
    liz278, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Pi314CA, liz278 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars

Delusional Nashville Anthem Singer Upset Over Country Stars

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/delusi...133254892.html

“They came to me and said the captain’s (Mike Fisher) wife asked to sing the anthem that night,” Morgan said. “It was presented to me as a one night only kind of thing and I agreed to it. Then they continued to bring in these other singers and touted them as ‘A-listers,’ which kind of hurt me.” At this point we must mention that Carrie Underwood, a.k.a. “The Captain’s Wife,” has sold 65 million records worldwide.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2017/05/16/predators-anthem-singer-upstaged/323907001/

ETA: This might need to go in the Mike Fisher thread, but I couldn't figure out how to move it. Feel free mods.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    He is more famous for not singing
    rainbow1 and liz278 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieChick View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/delusi...133254892.html

“They came to me and said the captain’s (Mike Fisher) wife asked to sing the anthem that night,” Morgan said. “It was presented to me as a one night only kind of thing and I agreed to it. Then they continued to bring in these other singers and touted them as ‘A-listers,’ which kind of hurt me.” At this point we must mention that Carrie Underwood, a.k.a. “The Captain’s Wife,” has sold 65 million records worldwide.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2017/05/16/predators-anthem-singer-upstaged/323907001/

ETA: This might need to go in the Mike Fisher thread, but I couldn't figure out how to move it. Feel free mods.
    He's getting torn to shreds too. There's a yahoo sports article that takes him to task about it. Especially the "I'm not married to the captain" and "She's a whole lot prettier than me" parts. I think the best part was the predators pretty much just saying go ahead and give the interview like they knew he'd come out looking bad. It's not like he did it every single home game like some other teams. He may have cost himself his anthem job and free tickets.
    liz278, rainbow1 and lizcarlo like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast