• 9 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By Chasing Dreams
  • 1 Post By DizzyDollyDee

Thread: Carrie Underwood Dishes on New Song ‘Do You Think About Me’

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Dishes on New Song ‘Do You Think About Me’

Attachment 28583

On her new album ‘Blown Away,’ Carrie Underwood spends time looking backward at relationships that have run their course. The mid-tempo, mandolin driven ‘Do You Think About Me’ is a nostalgic remembrance of a boyfriend that she no longer pines for, but certainly thinks about.

“You don’t wish you were with that person anymore, it’s not about that, at all,” Underwood says in a the video below. “But sometimes you just wonder what they’re up to, you know? You wonder, ‘Are they happy?’” The ‘Good Girl’ singer didn’t write the song in question, and she doesn’t explain which of her past flames she catches herself thinking about from time to time.

The light and happy song was written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsey and Shane Stevens. “That first cold September night / You were the blanket holding me tight / You were kissing me and the air stood still / You said we don’t have to I said I will,” Underwood sings to begin the song.

The chorus is catchy and happy, mostly. Or as Underwood admits, “It might be a tad bittersweet.”

Oh I, Oh I’m not even trying / Oh I, Oh I, but I can’t stop smiling / Do you think about me / Like I think about you / Do you think about me / Like I think about you.”

‘Blown Away’ is in stores and available for purchase on iTunes today (May 1). Be sure to read our entire interview with Underwood to find out which song brings her to tears every time she tries to sing it.

Watch Carrie Underwood Talk About ‘Do You Think About Me’

http://youtu.be/I-cia1pnckg

Source: Taste of Country
    Liatush, maddkat, Ann055 and 6 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I love that song too - but all the rest also!! hahaha

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    Thank you for posting this! I don't think Blown Away would be complete without this song.
    Cps235 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie looks so happy talking about this project!
    DYTAM is one of my favorites.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    DYTAM is my most favorite song out of Blown Away!!!!!
    Kinda sad to know though that it's about an ex rather than about someone a girl likes...
    oh well... i still loooooooooooooooooooooooove this song!

So far I've seen this one and another one for See You Again. Are there more of these interviews for other songs?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I love this song too - love the catchy tune to go with the words - just tickles me how absolutely thrilled when I think about the songs on this CD - I've loved all her CD's but there is something very very special about this one. Each song has a life of its own and you can relate to so many of the songs - well fortunately not BA or TBC but it doesn't matter as love those two also. There is no hope for me - just a big CU fan - and proud of it. The only sad part is that Who Are You is not being noticed more (or hardly at all)- love love love that song!!! Maybe people will catch up with that song when they land a little more from the rest of them - hopefully.
    Ann055 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    So far I've seen this one and another one for See You Again. Are there more of these interviews for other songs?
    I haven't seen any others yet -- maybe there will be more in the days to come -- hope so!!

Concert Stars
    I really hope this song becomes a single! I love this song so much! The most adorable song I've ever heard!

•