Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar

Carrie Live In Little Rock!!!

Before she was *Carrie Underwood* country music sweetheart and mega star. This is great version of Proud Mary. This proves why there SHOULD!!! and NEEDS!!! to be a live album from her now!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I love that album! (people may think I'm crazy, but if pressed, I'd probably say that's the one I like best of all her albums). So yes, I certainly agree, a present day live album would be great.

As I'm sure most will know, that song is a Creedence Clearwater Revival original, that I've known seemingly forever - and she and the others did a great job with it. There is a great live atmosphere, and Carrie shows a good rapport with the audience and the band (they call out all the names at the end of the last track, by the way. Most of the band were from Arkansas or Oklahoma, but, even back then, one was from as far away as Saskatchewan.) Carrie clearly had enormous potential as a live performer, even if she'd never been a mega-star

Carrie has appeared with Creedence lead singer, John Fogerty, more recently, by the way. Here's the video:

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    LOL!!! who ever said Carrie never paid her dues and used Idol to get here is WRONG!!!! she actually was out there before AI! Where was SWSRN? IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

She paid her dues in gold sovereigns

Unlike many here, I was never into Idol, but I do recognize it's importance for Carrie. Although Carrie can sing in many styles, she's best known today as a solo female contemporary power singer. The problem is that that is almost entirely a sub-genre dependant on the Mainstream radio format and the major recording labels. It really has no significant career potential in the festivals and club circuits that dominate the Alternative sector. I have no doubt that Carrie could have forged an Alternative career as a Roots Rocker on the roadhouse circuit, rather like Eve Selis - but I don't think she would have wanted to (and says she would have probably gone into journalism instead). Idol opened the door for her to get into Country's commercial Mainstream, where she was able to use the style she's best known for.

As Vince Gill said "Don't worry about how you got the door open - just get in". But, at the same time, Idol has been (to quote a Truckers album title) "a blessing and a curse". It's one of the main reasons many sectors outside the fan base have been slow, or grudging, in their acceptance of her. And that's why I wish more people knew her early work as well

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I wish Carrie's promotion team would do more with her concerts, whether it be DVD's or CD's. Carrie is so multifaceted, and great at it. I love her country music, but I also love hearing and seeing her diversity.

Concert Stars
    Wow! Carrie sounds amazing! Great Find Thanks for posting!!!!!!

•