Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Suellen
  • 5 Post By Schrodinger
  • 2 Post By Kenny_Chisholm

Thread: CMT Hot 20 Countdown Will Launch Jan. 5

Concert Stars

CMT Hot 20 Countdown Will Launch Jan. 5

Cody Alan, Alecia Davis and Katie Cook Will Host

The all-new CMT Hot 20 Countdown will launch Jan. 5 at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT on CMT. The weekly, two-and-a-half hour series will be hosted by Cody Alan, Alecia Davis and Katie Cook, who will count down the 20 biggest music videos with news stories, in-studio live performances and candid interviews from country music's biggest and newest artists.

CMT Hot 20 Countdown will be taped in front of a live, interactive audience at its new Nashville home -- the Music City Tower, just outside the Bridgestone Arena on the corner of 5th and Broadway. It stands at the heart of the city's most famous landmarks, including the Ryman Auditorium, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and the honky-tonks on Lower Broadway.

Fan participation will be a key component to this new show, as they will be able to interact with the hosts via extensive social media integration on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Those interested in becoming part of the live, studio audience can email audience@cmt.com for details.

280x210.jpg
    rainbow1, cole and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    I saw this earlier when I was there. I will be interested in what this means if someone is going to contact CMT.

Concert Stars
    I wonder if we will be able to vote on the videos or will they pick them.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I saw this earlier when I was there. I will be interested in what this means if someone is going to contact CMT.
    I'm going to miss Even Farmer, we had joke streak going on twitter for awhile, He's heading on to bigger things. Not pleased Cody is hosting, he is a Taylor sycophant, beside, at least for me, his personality rubs me the wrong way, like taking a bath in fiberglass insulation.

Concert Stars
    I got some of those same vibes from him!

Concert Stars
    I just would like to know if they are going to make sure that all fans are part of this or if they are going to stack the deck so to speak? I still don't get how BA didn't at least compete with GG on how many weeks it would be at #1. So, if there are any Carrie fans that want to try to become part of this fan group I want to know the rules, etc for this.

Concert Stars
    Hm. What happened to Evan Farmer? And will this take the place of CMT Insider?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    Hm. What happened to Evan Farmer? And will this take the place of CMT Insider?
    He is looking to do his own show.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    What I take from the retooling is that the fans will still get to vote for the videos and the new fan interactive parts will be taking questions from fans, have fan polls, etc..

Having the in-studio performances & interviews will be a good way for newer artists to get some pub, I REALLY like these changes because IMO the show was getting very, very stale.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I guess 'Good Girl' is now officially the longest running no.1 song on CMT top 20 ever!
    Suellen and maddkat like this.

•