Obsessed Carrie Fan

Did Anyone Know About the Period 1/Period 2 Voting Rules???

I just read the voting rules on cmt and it says there are actually two voting periods...Period 1 just determines who the top 5 nominees will be....and Period 2 actually determines the winner!! After the top 5 are announced, the votes will be erased to 0 and Period 2 will open! I feel so betrayed! This means on June 8(when Period 2 opens up) we will have to be voting like crazy just so Carrie can win!! So we need to make sure on June 8 to vote our hearts out! This sucks. They do not advertise THAT on the commercials. They just say Vote Now! This really fires me up. So that means all the hard voting we did in Period 1 will get erased, and then we will have to vote even harder during the show!That does not seem fair! Did anyone else know this??

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Did anyone else know?

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, it was the same last year, and Carrie won!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Well okay, but I still feel uneasy about it. Now I see why Just A Dream did not win VOTY! That is so weird that they do that.

Concert Stars
    If I remember right, the night of the awards you can power vote for Video of the Year.

Concert Stars
    Like last year, we will need to make sure everyone knows what time to start voting because we have to vote when it is live on the east coast..

I did not know about the period 1 and 2 voting rules This makes me nuts esp lnowing how many accounts I have created and time spent and that is just to get to the fimals and they wont count? Dang.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by blondemama View Post
    I did not know about the period 1 and 2 voting rules This makes me nuts esp lnowing how many accounts I have created and time spent and that is just to get to the fimals and they wont count? Dang.
    The period 1/2 only pertains to VOTY though.

Quote Originally Posted by blondemama View Post
    The double voting period thing is ONLY FOR VIDEO OF THE YEAR. All your votes toward Female Vid HAVE BEEN COUNTED!

Further, Video promises to be a VERY DIFFICULT category this time, with some stiff sompetition. We're gonna need all those votes you put in to get her through, blondemama. I'm still voting JUST AS HARD. With Carrie most probably not attending, she's gonna find it dificult to get the show-time phone-votes. Which means we have a tough, TOUGH, job coming up. We've been at it for a month and a half now, we have 2-3 days left. LET'S KEEP GOING IS WHAT I SAY!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I agree with you guys. It will be tough--but we have done it before and we can do it again if we all work hard together. I have been voting like crazy before I leave for school in the mornings and late at night. Our work is cut out for us---but the Carrie Army never fails.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    We are actually better at the live voting. It s unlimited, free for all, no accounts required. We lost female video but won video of the year last year.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Im sure if we vote hard enough we can win!

•