Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New YouTube mission to boost Carrie's rep!

Hey guys.....So we’re in a lull anyway, what with no single to request, no award show to vote for, and only the countdowns keeping us going. So, I thought, now would be the most appropriate time to start on a new mission; one that I have personally felt was long overdue : boosting Carrie’s rep on the internet. I think the most important place to start is on YouTube.

As you guys will certainly be aware, there are several videos on YouTube where Carrie receives severe criticism, that is truly hurtful . There are also those videos where Carrie is directly or indirectly put down. For example there are several “Carrie vs. ________” videos, where the top-rated comments are not pro-Carrie. I think it is our responsibility as carebears to push Carrie up on all such videos.

So here’s what I’m proposing. We each post a link to a video. The minute anyone does so, I will edit this first post, adding the new link to this main set of links, thus forming a sort of database of links to places where Carrie is being dissed. We also each go to these links, thumbs-down the anti-Carrie comments, thumbs-up the pro-Carrie ones, and IMPORTANT : LEAVE YOUR OWN PRO-CARRIE COMMENT. That is important, because YouTube’s thumbs-up/-down system of comments doesn’t always work very well, but leaving your own comment will surely leave people in no doubt of where the majority of the people’s loyalties lie - WITH CARRIE!

I know this is very silly, almost childish; but hell, until December last year, I thought it was very silly of me to hope to find an entire website of people who follow every move of Carrie’s as closely as possible and work so dedicatedly to her success. That changed! Please, please I request you guys to cooperate, and make this mission a success, by aggressively acting on each of the links posted here, and more importantly, POSTING YOUR OWN LINKS.

Thanks, and please do participate.

I’ll get things rolling. Here, we have a video that compares Carrie to Xtina. Unfortunately, the highest rated comment says "Carrie doesn't stand a chance in hell against Christina"! Thumb it down, and post a REPLY to that comment that’s pro-Carrie.

AND, PLEASE POST YOUR OWN LINKS!

Thank you all,please make this a success, as it would mean a lot to me

List of videos

1)
    Last edited by carebear4eva; 02-09-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    To leave a comment you need to go to youtube. You do that by clicking on the youtube title.

Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    To leave a comment you need to go to youtube. You do that by clicking on the youtube title.
    Thanks for mentioning that

spent alot of time on you tube commenting on Carries videos and thumbing up good reviews as well as down bad I had a few things to say to stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by blondemama View Post
    spent alot of time on you tube commenting on Carries videos and thumbing up good reviews as well as down bad I had a few things to say to stupid people
    Thank you!
    Please post links to those videos where you went, too, so that we can all jump on those "stupid people"

Great news! Good job, everybody, pro-Carrie comments are the highest rated, and the only thing we see on the front page....Wow,I didn't expect it to go so well....anyone who now sees that video will only see "CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!"
    Well done.

I thought I'd post one more link to keep us going. Here's another comparison video, between Kelly, Leona and Carrie. Unfortunately, the majority of the people rank Carrie as THIRD, going so far as to say her voice "annoys" them! DO YOUR THING, GUYS, MAKE CARRIE SHINE!!!

Good job, everyone!! The highest rated comment on the second video is now pro-Carrie! Unfortunately, the second highest is extremely anti-Carrie ("Painful to listen to!")....So, pls, those of you'll who haven't already, go vote that down!!

But meanwhile, here's our next video. This one is gonna be really hard, cuz it's against Mariah Carey, and Carrie is losing by a BIG margin. Try really hard,and we can get it, though. So, PLEASE GO DO YOUR THING!!! WE CAN DO THIS!! TAKE ALL OF YOUR ANTI-ACM, ANTI-CMA FRUSTRATION OUT HERE!

Concert Stars
    I commented on all of them and my username is xxxTeamUnderwoodxxx and I also commented on these:

Concert Stars
    Oh and I hope you don't mind but instead of boosting Carrie I just said to stop comparing them because everyone they're comparing her to all these amazing people cuz' it's kinda stupid to compare one amazing artist to another.

Quote Originally Posted by m.chill99 View Post
    Oh and I hope you don't mind but instead of boosting Carrie I just said to stop comparing them because everyone they're comparing her to all these amazing people cuz' it's kinda stupid to compare one amazing artist to another.
    No, that's fine too. If you don't mind, try an include a "But, Carrie is my preference", just so people know where your loyalties lie.
    Thanks for the videos, too, I'll add them to the list.

WOW! Good job, everybody! We've made far more progress on the Mariah video than I expected : from the top comment having 24 likes, it's come down to a measly FOUR! It is still anti-Carrie however, so we're not quite done. Please go in for the kill NOW, and put Carrie on top.

m.chill99 posted a couple of videos himself, so please go act on those too. I'm really upbeat about how well the Mariah video went, I'm so grateful you guys have made this a success. hat I'm thinking now, is because the list is becoming a little too long, those videos that we've completed our work on, I will remove from the main list, so that the total number of videos doesn't exceed like 8-10. I will closely monitor them, and should we start to slip again, I'll quickly bring it back up.

Thanks again for doing so well, guys, and congratulations. As soon as we're done on these videos, I'll bring up some more for us to work on. Way to go!!

Guys, BAD news. While the Xtina video is holding steady, with Carrie securely on top, we're slipping the Kelly-Leona video. The top 2 comments are both strongly anti-Carrie. Howevere, they're there by a very small margin, a second wave of thumbing-down will get us back ON TOP! Do as needed

And Congratulations! Both Kelly and Mariah have been taken DOWN, Carrie riding high on both.

Thank you all so much for the amazing job. Here again, we have a Kelly-Carrie comparison that is unfavourable. You know what to do

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    Yeay! This is great! Go team Carrie!

Okay, guys, we're dominating the first two videos, so I'm removing them. But we're making little to no progress with the third one, so please head over there and do as required

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I will definitely give thumbs up to all the pro-Carrie comments and leave lots of pro-Carrie comments when I get home tonight! Thanks for starting this thread!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    No, that's fine too. If you don't mind, try an include a "But, Carrie is my preference", just so people know where your loyalties lie.
    Thanks for the videos, too, I'll add them to the list.
    Oh ok, I'll do that next time

Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    I will definitely give thumbs up to all the pro-Carrie comments and leave lots of pro-Carrie comments when I get home tonight! Thanks for starting this thread!
    You're welcome. Please do so

Hey, guys, still no progress with the Kelly video. This is surprising, I'dve expected Mariah to be our hardest challenge, but we downed her EASILY! Yet, we can't top KELLY? C'mon people, show 'em what carebears are made of!!

Kelly came down marginally, by two votes. However she's clinging to the top, with the highest rated comment being only +3.....One last wave of thumbing her down and thumbing-up all the Carrie comments will secure the top spot. Hope that comes today. I'm off to bed, myself

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast