Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Carrie and Florida Georgia Line collab coming!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    @briannanicollle
    brian kelly came to my work today (chick fil a) and I asked him if carrie ever got back to them on that song, he said she said no. and thatís the tea.
    While I'm extremely happy with this news, how can we blindly believe this person??
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    While I'm extremely happy with this news, how can we blindly believe this person??
    That's what I was thinking.
    CU4ever likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    It's all we have right now, lol! But you're right, we really don't know.

Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    No one truly knows what transpired privately behind the scenes, and I also am kinda questioning why Brian Kelly would be our running around in public going to a restaurant at this time, unless he did the drive thru or something. Iím glad it seems like she said no though!
    Farawayhills and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I would have thought, if she had said "yes", they would have made a big thing out of it before now. There wouldn't have seemed much point in delaying an announcement until it conflicted with the projected release of their different new single - or beyond that, when it would have been old news. It seemed more a quick publicity drive for them, and if Carrie didn't take the bait, it was time to move on to other things.

Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    After hearing FGL’s new song, I’m even more glad that Carrie apparently said no. At one point in the lyric video, they used to instead of too, and it’s pretty bro country with stuff about beer, whiskey, and driving down the road with the windows down.

Concert Stars
    I'm disappointed to hear Carrie said no, but as she's said before, she likes to get invitations from other artists & would like to return the favor - so maybe she said no to this song, but said she would write a song with them she was okay with releasing.

But...with all this quarantine, I don't necessarily think BK would be out and about (or anyone) and would have time to talk...I don't know if we should blindly believe it. Sometimes we get fed fake news (like about a video for Paint being filmed in a church etc)

Insane Carrie Fan
    From what I heard TN wasn't really locking down as hard as other areas. I have friends there that said as of a few days ago they were still allowed to sit an eat in a restaurant. Assuming though he would have been taking out.

Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    I'm disappointed to hear Carrie said no, but as she's said before, she likes to get invitations from other artists & would like to return the favor - so maybe she said no to this song, but said she would write a song with them she was okay with releasing.

But...with all this quarantine, I don't necessarily think BK would be out and about (or anyone) and would have time to talk...I don't know if we should blindly believe it. Sometimes we get fed fake news (like about a video for Paint being filmed in a church etc)
    I know some might be disappointed if the duet doesnít happen just because people want new music. However, at the same time, a duet with them could end up being more harmful to her image than beneficial because I would say FGL could be arguably considered one of the most divisive acts in country music in terms of the bro-country stuff. People question her authenticity as a country singer to begin with enough. Like earlier mentioned, no one can be 100% certain about what has gone on, but time will tell.
    Farawayhills and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pacarriefan View Post
    I know some might be disappointed if the duet doesnít happen just because people want new music. However, at the same time, a duet with them could end up being more harmful to her image than beneficial because I would say FGL could be arguably considered one of the most divisive acts in country music in terms of the bro-country stuff. People question her authenticity as a country singer to begin with enough. Like earlier mentioned, no one can be 100% certain about what has gone on, but time will tell.
    thatís why I wonder if she responded no to that song but opened an Invitation to write a song that she is okay with and that fits her image. Sheís talked before about wishing other (male) artists would reach out to her & now she has that

Concert Stars
    I just pray this doesn’t discourage others to reach out to carrie to collab with her after she rejected FlaGALine. I can see the haters calling her a snob for saying no. She is in a no win situation here. If she said yes- the highly vocal Carrie fans on twitter will go ballistic as they already have - openly expressing their hate to FlaGALibe online. If she says no- she is called a snob who thinks she is too good for anyone. No win situation.
    CU4ever likes this.

Concert Stars

agree we do not even know if she or he is a reliable source. It seems odd to me that a celeb would reveal something this sensitive to a stranger at Chick Filet.
    CU4ever, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Well, if she did in fact say no, I feel like the general public (non Carrie stans) have probably forgotten about them asking her in the first place since it was over a month ago. Maybe she did offer to co-write with them once the current situation dies down. Carrie has said in the past that projects such as duets need to be the right situation, and she has turned down stuff in the past if it didn’t seem right. Something along the lines of you can’t force something (this was when the duet with ML was happening). If someone such as Dan and Shay asked Carrie to do a duet, I could see it having a higher chance of happening given the fact that both Carrie and Mike seem to like them. Carrie doesn’t follow many people on Instagram, but she follows Shay’s wife Hannah Billingley which surprised me.
    If FGL hadn’t been a bit dumb in the first place and publicly posted about it, none of us would know about this in the first place (probably how it should be).
    MSCarriefan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I just pray this doesnít discourage others to reach out to carrie to collab with her after she rejected FlaGALine. I can see the haters calling her a snob for saying no. She is in a no win situation here. If she said yes- the highly vocal Carrie fans on twitter will go ballistic as they already have - openly expressing their hate to FlaGALibe online. If she says no- she is called a snob who thinks she is too good for anyone. No win situation.
    seriously you're the only one I've seen call her a snob because she rejected this horrific bro song. The song was a joke as was their 'invite' coming curiously just days after her interview at CRS mentioning bro country and no one writing for females.
    adam1995 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Artists decline song and collaboration requests all the time, for a variety of reasons - it's highly unlikely that Carrie would have been rude or disparaging in her reply. I don't think most people would see it in a bad light.

It's possible that they may try to get together on another song in future - but I think they would need to be prepared to step outside their safe ground, rather more than they typically have so far. FGL seem sincere, friendly types, with a very large fan following and a keen sense of commercial trends. But stylistically and musically they and Carrie seem to be on rather different paths in the contemporary Country scene. I think most people would recognize that, but I don't think it needs to be seen in terms of snobbery - music can be a broad spectrum, in which different contributions can thrive.

Concert Stars
    I would think most potential collaborators would think Carrie is one of the least snobbish persons in country music and as for haters, they would say it regardless, if any do say it. I doubt any artist is going to worry about what any online hater has to say lol because I am sure all have had their share of that type to deal with. Regardless, I donít think you can except every project you hear about, regardless if you care to not take on that project, in fear an online hater from behind a keyboard might call you a snob if you donít take it. I donít think this is a worry or a primary concern by Carrie or for us. I doubt FGL has taken on every collaboration that has come their way either.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ true . I have seen many haters call carrie a snob online over the years long before this song came about. So the same haters might bash her again but I guess they never liked her anyway so who cares.
    pacarriefan, oldyfan and pkc4rls like this.

Concert Stars
    I’ve been thinking & im not sure Carrie declined (if she really did) necessarily because of FGL being polarizing. Brett Young, who really only has 1, maybe 2, possibly polarizing songs has said often he would love to collaborate with Carrie & she’s never responded to that. Now I know that him wanting to collaborate with her isn’t the same as asking her to sing in a certain song, but I think it’s possible Carrie just doesn’t care for collaborations. I’m pretty sure she even follows Brett Young and they still haven’t collaborated

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ true . I have seen many haters call carrie a snob online over the years long before this song came about. So the same haters might bash her again but I guess they never liked her anyway so who cares.
    Well I didnít mean we arenít supposed to care lol. I just meant I doubt Carrie makes big career decisions based on what a few haters say online. I was simply pointing out that all artists get haters so other artists are not going to shun other artists based on what a few haters similar to their own say. And compared to how many fans Carrie has those types are but one drop in a bucket. Besides I doubt other artists spend their days searching twitter trying to see if a hater commented on Carrie ha ha.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Are Brad, Miranda and Keith the only artists Carrie has collaborated with for official releases? And with those none were on any of Carrieís studio albums. So it will probably be an extra special song when Carrie does decide to include one. Oh wait would Sam Hunt and Randy Travis count?

•  
    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast